Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Wanna Kick Myself In The Arse!!

T

All the comments were tough but I took none of them personal. If I thought I couldn't handle it I would not have put my issue on here. Yes what I did was terrible and irresponsible but having a few hours to calm down and evaluate I have come to the conclusion that not only am I depressed, don't have support, I am worried to death about this complication at my port site and my doc just saying "well it could be an infection but let's wait a week and see) is terrifying. Yall just don't know how comforting it is to hear/see u say snap out of it cuz this is for me and not for my family. Although it is sad that the people in my household are not supportive it is also sad that I let myself get to this point. So I must pray Pray and PRAY! He will definitely help me through this. Im in his hands. Thank you all again. I needed that.

Hi I'm with True Results too and I'm three weeks out n ate two slices of pizza yesterday ;( I was starving! I felt guilty n walked a mile afterwards but I still knew better! It's hard because I thought so wrng thinking the surgery was the hardest part! I wish I would've known about this app before hand! I'm here n Houston so if u are mayb we could buddy up n go to sum support groups...

Yes most definitely. But I guess I have to wait until Fri. To see what the doc say about this hardness at my port site. Might have to take it out :(

I'm in Houston. Sry for the double post. I don't know how to take one off.

It can be very hard if you're not getting the support at home. Have you talked to your family about how what they're doing makes you feel? If so, and they continue to do that, then you just leave the room while they're eating their junk. You need to take care of yourself. And if it takes 5 hours to eat something, you know you shouldn't be; 20-30 minutes per meal is the max, right? You can do this! You didn't spend this money and have a surgery to waste it, right?

I am with True Result out of Houston also. My doctor is in the Woodlands. My surgery date is June 25. So if you need some one to talk to just message me and good luck on your journey.

I'm probably going to sound harsh here, but here goes: I'm also going to mention that just because you chose to get WLS does not mean that your family is going to change the way they eat. You are the one that did something to change your behavior and your outlook. If you cannot control yourself around tempting food, you need to leave the room while they eat.

I understand this can be frustrating, but you need to remember why you got this surgery and the changes it entails. I have come to realize that even though I don't need to be eating chips (or any other fill in the blank), does not mean that my family must also stop eating chips.< /p>

I'm on Houston off of Main in the medical center, Dr.Hollis. I hope things look up for you just be strong and remember this is for you! My surgery is June 27.

It can be very hard if you're not getting the support at home. Have you talked to your family about how what they're doing makes you feel? If so' date=' and they continue to do that, then you just leave the room while they're eating their junk. You need to take care of yourself. And if it takes 5 hours to eat something, you know you shouldn't be; 20-30 minutes per meal is the max, right? You can do this! You didn't spend this money and have a surgery to waste it, right?[/quote']

You are sooo right. I think I had a melt down. Even though it doesn't make it better, it took 5 hrs in total to eat the sandwich. I ate some put it down ......

We are struggle on some level. I remember that two weeks after my surgery my husband made fajitas for the family which I could not eat because I was just getting into mushies at that point. The house smelled sooooo good and I was so upset that they were getting to eat it and I wasnt. I was made at him for preparing something that he knew I loved. I knew that it is a few months I could eat some fajitas if I wanted them but it didnt matter. I went into the bathroom at 4 in the afternoon and loaded the tub up with bubbles and cried. Mind you the Water was not even enough to cover anything as I wasnt allowed to get my belly wet. I sat there in the Water that wasnt enough to clean and infant but I cried and cried. I had to let it out and when I was done I put lotion on my legs and arms and felt a lot better. My husband cleaned up everything and had made me some refried Beans with a little of the fajitas sauce. My point is that most of us have had these moments. The moment that I described was my first but not my last for sure. Right now you have no restriction and have to white knuckle it and it sucks because you are hungry but you will get adjustments and the feeling will pass.

You have come so far and now you have to have a little willpower to make it through the next few weeks. You are on a journey and some days will be harder than others but you can do it. The power is inside you. Show yourself and your family who you really are.

I'm on Houston off of Main in the medical center' date=' Dr.Hollis. I hope things look up for you just be strong and remember this is for you! My surgery is June 27.[/quote']

I'm with the same office and Dr Hollis did my surgery on 5/14! Everything went well just going through banister hell right now

Remember why you got banded in the first place. Please be encouraged. You came to far to turn back now. Forward march!!!!!

Wow you really opened up the conversation:) don't be too hard on yourself, you have others for that. Just remember what u went through to get this done and why u wanted to do it. Your brain and your body are changing. It may be a slow process but be careful not to hurt yourself with heavy foods. When you want to eat, walk away. Best of luck to you. Praying for you:)))))

Congratulations !! U made the 1st step by coming to this site and getting kicked in your butt (with love) and now you have made some connections from ur town and got great advice that you have to decipher to see what can and can't work in ur situation.