Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My knees are troublesome at my current weight. I have pain after doing moderate exercise (like couch-to-5K) and crepitis (that crunchy sound). Have you bandsters noticed an improvement in the amount of stress that your knees can take as the weight has come off?

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see my kneecaps one day. I think I saw them back in the 6th grade.

I can truthfully say, that my knees are much better than they were 100 lbs ago! I have an arthiretic right knee, and seldom feel pain anymore. Best wishes to you. Karen

Huuuuggge difference. When I was about 380 I had gotten to the point where I could barely walk the grocery store. 167 pounds later (69 since surgery) I do 3.5 mile walk daily, and couple days a week do an hour lap swimming or Water aerobics.

Highly recommend Water based exercise for now. I lost the first hundred changing my diet and lap swimming (7 days a week). If I can walk in front of the high school swim team that practices at my gym wearing a fat lady swim dress; anyone can go swimming. I highly recommend using a snorkle (let's you swim longer because you don't have to worry about breathing) and a water proof MP3 player (available at Amazon). If you don't swim find a water aerobics class. You can ask the instructor how to make the moves easier to start and harder later as you get into shape.

My knees are definitely grateful that I am losing all that weight. Now when I want to dance all night, they are quite fine with that idea, even if I take them out for a 50 - 60km bike ride the next day!

Definite notice in my knees. im down 15 since surgery and about 13 prior to surgery, and just around the 20 lb mark, i remember saying to hubby..wow, my knees havent been hurting me nearly as much. I have a PCL tear in my right knee as well as osteoarthritis in both and a bakers cyst in the back of the right knee...i didnt expect to see a diff til about 50 lbs so i was glad when the decrease in pain started so soon.

Honestly sometimes I think my knees are worse since losing weight. But that's because I'm addicted to working out now. I kickbox six days a week (sometimes more than one class) and now added in a bootcamp class. Also just got a bike to ride and I've been walking more too.

So my knees are taking a beating.

I can most definely feel a big difference in my knees. In Oct, I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus and scope out arthritis. 5 months later and my knee was still bothering me! I had to take on step at a time. Than one day, I was downstairs doing laundry. I ranned back up the stairs with no pain at all. I didn't realized that until I reached the top of the steps. I am 43lbs down and can now walk 2 miles a day without pain.