Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow

eyewonder
Sign in to follow this  

I know this is the 2nd best life changing decision I have ever made, next to being saved and having a personal relationship with God.

Yet my stomach is turning trying to form into a knot. Putting pressure on my nerves in my stomach.

As far as my head goes, I'm rejecting fast darts of fear coming at me strong, by dodging the thoughts and getting out of the way.

Because if I start thinking negative I will then allow fear to creep in and take over the mass majority of my day. And damn if I've come this far with all the hurdles I had to go through to get to this point. So by me just writing this has snapped me back into digging down deep and giving me strength to overcome this threatening fear.

God be with everyone having surgery this week and beyond.

@Jannaboo we both can do this tomorrow

@MandaElaine I'm a "punk" like you said about yourself too, when it comes to things like this. I can talk the talk now I have to walk the walk But I know if you can do it, I can too. So I will update Friday Thank you all for preparing me for what's ahead

I am so excited for you to be banded and experience life on the other side of this. This is a wonderful new beginning! I know with your strength and positive attitude you will succeed.

I was a complete mess the week leading up to my surgery. The night before I barely slept... I was in shock and still could not believe I was going to do it. It didn't hit me until I was in the prep area of the hospital, undressing and putting on my hospital gown and socks. I immediately prayed and an inner calm came over me.

I saw a good quote the other day: "Let your faith be bigger than your fears." There will be challenges but its nothing you can't endure with God's help.

I know this is the 2nd best life changing decision I have ever made' date=' next to being saved and having a personal relationship with God.

Yet my stomach is turning trying to form into a knot. Putting pressure on my nerves in my stomach.

As far as my head goes, I'm rejecting fast darts of fear coming at me strong, by dodging the thoughts and getting out of the way.

Because if I start thinking negative I will then allow fear to creep in and take over the mass majority of my day. And damn if I've come this far with all the hurdles I had to go through to get to this point. So by me just writing this has snapped me back into digging down deep and giving me strength to overcome this threatening fear.

@MandaElaine I'm a "punk" like you said about yourself too, when it comes to things like this. I can talk the talk now I have to walk the walk But I know if you can do it, I can too. So I will update Friday Thank you all for preparing me for what's ahead[/quote']

Check in with us! You will be fine, that anxiety won't last long they will give you something for that. It's the feeling of the unknown that's getting the best of you- we all felt this way but once it's over and you are all banded you will be fine! Praying for your success and recovery!

I know this is the 2nd best life changing decision I have ever made, next to being saved and having a personal relationship with God.

@MandaElaine I'm a "punk" like you said about yourself too, when it comes to things like this. I can talk the talk now I have to walk the walk But I know if you can do it, I can too. So I will update Friday Thank you all for preparing me for what's ahead

Eyewonder I'm glad you decided to sit down and tell every one how you was feeling. It did you good and I know that it also helped some one else for you to post this information. Thanks and know you will be in a lot of minds come you surgery. We will be there with you!

Thank you It was exacxtly like you all said.