Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

questions about fills??

Ok I haven't had any fills just yet, but I keep reading here about people that got to much in their fills, and then next week They take some of the fill out. Does this happens to everybody, is it like an experiment of your doctor to see how much can you take, or if you need some out. So my question is; Does this happen to everybody??

No it doesn't happen to everyone. I have had 8 fills now and it only happened to me on this last fill. I couldn't get Water down so my fill dr. took out .2 cc. If you have your fills under fluro then you probably wont get over filled. But I'm not really sure. 5 of mine have been under fluro and 3 haven't. My last was not. When I get a blind fill she always has me drink lots of water to make sure it goes down ok and it did, but the next morning I was tighter than tight. I couldn't wait a week. I had my fill on Tuesday and had some removed on Thursday. I would have been in for the removal on Wednedsay but she is only in her office Tues and Thurs. Wednesday was a very bad day!! :eek:

I have only had 3 fills and all were done under flouro, my doctor make me drink barium under xray and he can tell. After the fill they make me sit in the waiting room sipping a small cup of Water and if it cant go down you come back in the room and they will take some out. I am blessed to say I have not had an unfill. Keep in mind all dr's are different.

I think it depends what you want from your fills too. I just went back last week for my third and elected not to have it at all. I dont really have restriction, can eat anything and everything and can eat quite a lot if not nearly as much as before. I sometimes get discomfort from eating too fast but that is all, I have never PB'd. But I'd lost 1.5kg in the 3 weeks since I'd last had a check up, so I said I didnt want any more fill for the time being. I've lost about half a kilo since then too, so why fix something that aint broke?

I dont know when my next on will be. If I stop losing I'll look long and hard at what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing before I have another fill. The way I choose to use my band is to knock the edge off my hunger and make it easier to stick to small meals. I do not want the band doing all the work for me by forcing me to stick to a limited diet in very tiny quantities. I can make a lot of those sensible decisions for myself. If you need it to work that way for you because you suffer more emotional and psychological eating issues than I do, then I think yes, you run the risk of eventually being too tight and having to have fill removed. Not that that's the end of the world, the blessing of the band is the adjustability.

how do you determine if you have had a slippage. Dont they sew the tissue up around the band? S O M E ON E Has the a n s w e r

Here are some threads that contain all the info your looking for:

also when do you know that you need one, a fill is there a signal

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

I don't think you need to worry about this just yet. Most folks dont get their first fill until six weeks after surgery.

what kind of qustions should I ask my doc c.before surgery????

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15595

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12541

what kind if medical supplies,will I need after I get to go home?///What kinds of meds if you cant swallow???

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14814