Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Advice... Do You Think It Is Ok To..

Well I am, for lack of a better term, nesting... I have cleaned everything top to bottom and stocked everything from my needs post surgery to extra dig food and easy micro stuff for the kiddos...

I now have a HUGE urge to purge my closets... All the winter clothes I doubt I will wear next winter..jeans that I pray I will never wear again. The dresses and suits I rarely wear but keep in case of a funeral or other unexpected need... But things I doubt I will ever wear again... Should I? Would you???

Anyone????

Pack them away ... what fun it will be when they fall off you next winter... I was afraid I would never lose enough to not wear my fat clothes.. I had a few outfits that I couldn't get into to tight but I had that someday syndrom.. I can't tell you how great it felt when they became way to big to wear either.. It was like at last putting t hat FAT girl away and being kind to myself ...

I did the same thing. I got rid of winter stuff. I figure I better not fit in that in 6 months! Hell even if I only lose 30 lbs before then it would not fit. I have lost 30 in the pre-opt and 2 weeks post so I made a good decision.

It helped me feel like it was real and made me remember my commitment. I refuse to keep fat clothes this time "just in case" I get big. I WONT get big again! It cannot happen.

Have fun preparing. I freaked out the weekend before, just saying. But it is all good now.

You are already seeing yourself in s different light.... I have bagan taking better care of myself as a while; I get my hair done, nails done, and even shave my legs more often! Lolololol!!!

You are beginning to feel better about yourself, out with the old, in with the new. A very different view of our old "chubby" lives. We got this!!! Best of luck to you, and I would go ahead and donate those jeans. Later gator.

I'd get rid of them and never look back! Keep one pair so you can compare to your new skinny pairs!

My surgery is next week too! Great idea to purge the closets this weekend. I will definitely have to find ways to stay busy!

I'd get rid of them and never look back! Keep one pair so you can compare to your new skinny pairs!

DITTO !! No looking back !!

That is what I'm doing... This feels so good!!!!! Thank you for encouraging me... I was on the fence, all the advice and pep talks is just what I needed to hear... Y'all are great!!!

Toss them!!! Live for now!

I described the prep stage the same way...kept telling my husband that I felt like I was having a baby with all the cleaning and freezing of family meals.

So My plan was to clear out my closet and send everything to goodwill. So during the pre-op i would try on a few things and decide if it wouldn't fit when I lost 15 pounds then I would toss it. So I neatly folded a small pile (about a foot tall)of clothes up and put them in a box....the week after surgery I went to my closet and would grab one of the keepers..and it was too big!! So i spent the next hour going through my clothes again telling myself if it won't it when I loose 10 more pounds I will put it in the box for goodwill. Now I had a medium size pile about 3 feet tall. Then last week after washing everything I own, I decided to do the same thing.....Now the pile is 5feet tall !!!! Just a little shorter than me and I have nothing left to wear!!!....poor pittiful me...guess I will need to do some shopping.!!! It felt so good!! I had so much fun watching the pile grow over the weeks I purposely let the pile sit in the corner of my bedroom just to keep me motivated.----My husband came home and went to the closet to change and almost everything was gone!! He jokingly told me he thought I had left him!!--That strangely made me happy.--I love him.

good story Waitingpatiently!

I'm going to have to disagree with everyone here. I think you should wait until your clothes are too large. Putting them away now or getting rid of them is like counting your chickens before they've hatched. What if the lapband doesn't work for you? What if there are unforeseen complications? Or, what if it takes 6 months of fills to get you to start losing? Also, if you do lose, it feels good to pull up your regular pants and seeing them fall down without a belt (that's the moment in which you dig out the smaller sizes).

Plan for success--yes, but live in the now.

I described the prep stage the same way...kept telling my husband that I felt like I was having a baby with all the cleaning and freezing of family meals.

So My plan was to clear out my closet and send everything to goodwill. So during the pre-op i would try on a few things and decide if it wouldn't fit when I lost 15 pounds then I would toss it. So I neatly folded a small pile (about a foot tall)of clothes up and put them in a box....the week after surgery I went to my closet and would grab one of the keepers..and it was too big!! So i spent the next hour going through my clothes again telling myself if it won't it when I loose 10 more pounds I will put it in the box for goodwill. Now I had a medium size pile about 3 feet tall. Then last week after washing everything I own' date=' I decided to do the same thing.....Now the pile is 5feet tall !!!! Just a little shorter than me and I have nothing left to wear!!!....poor pittiful me...guess I will need to do some shopping.!!! It felt so good!! I had so much fun watching the pile grow over the weeks I purposely let the pile sit in the corner of my bedroom just to keep me motivated.----My husband came home and went to the closet to change and almost everything was gone!! He jokingly told me he thought I had left him!!--That strangely made me happy.--I love him.[/quote']

Love this story waiting!!! Water actually came out my nose as I burst into laughter at he thought I left him and strangely that made me happy!!!

Well I packed it all away, except 1 pair of jeans. It's all going... Leap of faith or down right stupidity... Not sure but I am done with size 20's forever and 1 way or another I'm not looking back... Just one week from right now I will be through the surgery... I am ready!!!!