Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone More Emotional About Their Weight After Surgery?

I ask this because yesterday I had a get together and one of my coworkers said a comment that has had me crying since. She said " I remember when you first started the job you were skinny, And I heard you were even skinnier before that. Then the next time I saw you after you had your daughter I was like Nooo that can't be Nicole. I couldnt believe it". I have been feeling like crap since. I notice since surgery anything someone says about my weight sends me to tears or feeling bad the whole day. Is this normal?

I ask this because yesterday I had a get together and one of my coworkers said a comment that has had me crying since. She said " I remember when you first started the job you were skinny' date=' And I heard you were even skinnier before that. Then the next time I saw you after you had your daughter I was like Nooo that can't be Nicole. I couldnt believe it". I have been feeling like crap since. I notice since surgery anything someone says about my weight sends me to tears or feeling bad the whole day. Is this normal?[/quote']

What an a*****e!! Why would anyone say that! In the future say " while I can loose weight I wonder if you could learn some manners?

I've had worse things said to me when thin, about my former fat self, than when I've been fat... I still feel bad about a woman saying that it looked like fat had swallowed my face, and that was 13 years ago!!!

I ask this because yesterday I had a get together and one of my coworkers said a comment that has had me crying since. She said " I remember when you first started the job you were skinny, And I heard you were even skinnier before that. Then the next time I saw you after you had your daughter I was like Nooo that can't be Nicole. I couldnt believe it". I have been feeling like crap since. I notice since surgery anything someone says about my weight sends me to tears or feeling bad the whole day. Is this normal?

yes it is normal.. hang in there. AS well as recovering from your physical surgery you have emotional healing as well. This will pass, im sure. I know what ive gone through. very similar. I didnt mention my surgery to anyone and im glad i didnt, mainly because i would have been the same as you if id had negative comments. You will even out though. AS long as you are aware that your emotions are all a part of the transition. You will do well. Give it some time. i know you will feel so good about how you are doing. I have pics of when i was slim and looked good. they are in my room. I did struggle for a while looking at them, knowing that the only way i could get back to even a semblance of what i was was to have the band. im over that now. So.. hang in there. you will be fine.

The emotional feelings are worse than the not eating part after surgery. Felt like post pardum depression for me. Everything got me upset for the first month. Those feelings will pass.

The coworker thing....... That would have bothered me no matter what. That was just rude. Get a few drinks in you at the christmas party and lay into her a$$.

The emotional feelings are worse than the not eating part after surgery. Felt like post pardum depression for me. Everything got me upset for the first month. Those feelings will pass.

The coworker thing....... That would have bothered me no matter what. That was just rude. Get a few drinks in you at the christmas party and lay into her a$$.

yep. i agree lol.. by christmas time you will knocking the socks off everyone anyways... give it to her. make her eat her words.