Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bread !!! My Long Lost Friend..!

No, I did not vomit, although I thought I might. I got an intense pain in the center of my chest and I started salivating like I would vomit and my nose started running. Leaning over seems to help some, then I drank a few sips of Water and it went down. But I had gas pains the rest of the day. Never again. I am 6 days post-op and I do not have any fills. I thought the tenderloin would have been ok. It is juicy and you can cut it with a fork. Oh well. Did your roast pork go down?

yes. i had about three small mouthfuls of it. i was aware of it though but it wasnt painful.

so the tenderloin was that tender?? thats not good either.

ive chewed about fifty times on a small piece of meat and it still wont go down well.

yes. i had about three small mouthfuls of it. i was aware of it though but it wasnt painful.

so the tenderloin was that tender?? thats not good either.

ive chewed about fifty times on a small piece of meat and it still wont go down well.

well... ive got an update on the pork. Since my fill ten days ago i cant even have pork. for some reason pork was the only think that i could eat. dont understand that one. Anyway, no meat at all for me until i get a slight unfill. i had another bad go this morning... i wont learn. lol. its liquids for me from now on until the unfill. Like you, i get a runny nose when have a stuck episode. also, i start to sneeze a lot. its developing a pattern now. i must be inflamed because i cant even eat the thick Soup i made. i had to freeze it.

I gave up white bread but until this last fill I could do tortillas. After this last fill I had the most horrible episode with a flour tortilla after a major amount of serious discomfort I realized it was coming back up. It was the first time I got sick and it was textbook sliming. I will never eat them again! I can do rye corn tortillas and orowheat sandwich thins but small bites chew well. It's all about the restriction. I also discovered chopped steak was a no no the hard way. Only been sick three times but I learned from it! That's why they call the band the general :)

lol. thats the first time ive heard it called 'the general' rofl.. a good name. so you have had textbook sliming more than once?? ive had it once and i was so grateful that i was here on my own at home. How awful to have that when others are around. especially if out eating somewhere... im still not over the episode. it was such a shock. i mean... i did read some experiences from others here on the forum but ... really?? i had no idea it was that bad . lol. anyway, i do feel for you. i hope you dont have any more episodes. i wouldnt wish it on my worst friend. i didnt know whether to tell hubbie about it or not.. i did, and he listened and is taking things really well. I thought that he might go off and tell me that the whole surgery thing was not a good idea but he didnt. i guess because he is seeing the weight loss so far. anyway, i dont want any more episodes of sliming. its so gross!!

I can do Pasta no problem at all! Just no more garlic bread to go along lol!!

wow... ive not tried pasta yet, and only a mouthful of dry wholemeal toast. how far are you post op to have pasta?

wow... ive not tried Pasta yet' date=' and only a mouthful of dry wholemeal toast. how far are you post op to have Pasta? [/quote']

I'm about 2 months out. But pasta has always been my one thing I could eat! I just have to cut it of course.. And pay attention to the amount I'm eating because it's so easy to get carried away with pasta and put a mouthful in without realizing it!!

I pb my bread too - I can eat crackers and crust but never in the morning - I guess thats good since I am forced to find something else or to eat whatever without bread. Pasta seems ok if over cooked and in tiny amounts.

lol. thats the first time ive heard it called 'the general' rofl.. a good name. so you have had textbook sliming more than once?? ive had it once and i was so grateful that i was here on my own at home. How awful to have that when others are around. especially if out eating somewhere... im still not over the episode. it was such a shock. i mean... i did read some experiences from others here on the forum but ... really?? i had no idea it was that bad . lol. anyway' date=' i do feel for you. i hope you dont have any more episodes. i wouldnt wish it on my worst friend. i didnt know whether to tell hubbie about it or not.. i did, and he listened and is taking things really well. I thought that he might go off and tell me that the whole surgery thing was not a good idea but he didnt. i guess because he is seeing the weight loss so far. anyway, i dont want any more episodes of sliming. its so gross!![/quote']

The tortillas were my first and last sliming and you are right it was awful and disgusting the other two episodes were I guess what they call productive burping. I was at home all three occasions thank goodness! You learn from each episode what you can and can't do and that changes from fill to fill. I hope hubbie continues to be supportive. My husband didn't want me to have it he was afraid I would die in surgery he wanted me to do it the "old fashioned way" but after surgery he became so supportive and now 100 pounds later he is so happy for my success. It means a lot to have that support so just remind hubbie how much it means to you :)

Gosh i havent had any problems yet but i dont have a fill yet either. This makes me scared to even try to eat that stuff. Im the type of person when i choked on a piece of bacon i was scared for months to eat large spoon fulls. I will really have to take it easy. Good luck everyone

I can do tortillas or wraps with no issues but no way on untoasted breads. They want to gum up on me and get stuck, but I can eat them fine if toasted first. Very very occasionally I will eat bites of an untoasted whole wheat bread without incident, but that's rare so I normally don't even try.