Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Bloomed!

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is well. My surgery went good. they were running about 45 mins late so I didn't get in till noon.I was home by 3. just sore on port side. I have been up walking about every hour but still haven't gotten gas pains. I didn't realize how much I use my stomach muscles so getting up and down is tough. My wonderful hubby is being so helpful and my favorite middle son too! My hubby ran out to the furniture store and got me a big cushy leather recliner so I could sleep and keep me up more comfortable! I feel so happy and lucky. worried about eating(drinking). I only did 20oz of Water yesterday and maybe 1/2 a Jello does that sound right? I am really not even hungry. If any of you have questions pm or ask away. It truly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. :)

I am so happy everything went smoothly for you on surgery day. I too was amazed by how much I rely on my abdomen to get up and down! I didn't have any interest in food the first few days so I think that's normal. Congrats on being banded!

Congrads and very happy it was smooth sailing for you

thanks ladies.... yesterday wasn't good went to the hospital as I was running a low grade fever and was very dehydrated. They gave me an iv of saline took a chest xray and sent me home so here I am resting and trying to get fluids in. so you didn't eat or drink much the first days?

thanks ladies.... yesterday wasn't good went to the hospital as I was running a low grade fever and was very dehydrated. They gave me an iv of saline took a chest xray and sent me home so here I am resting and trying to get fluids in. so you didn't eat or drink much the first days?

I can remember that, I did not drink much either. I remember because I was afraid I would always feel that way. I would say I did not get up to 64oz of liquid in me for at least a week to week in a half. So it sounds like you are on track. lol

Oh no. How are you feeling today? I didn't drink very much the first few days either. Everything made me gassy and it felt like work. Lol. Keep trying. If you're on full liquids try some peppermint tea. I've found that warm/lukewarm liquids sit better with me than ice cold liquids.