Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 10 Rules from Inamed

This thread is for discussion purposes only... just curiousity.

So... I'm sure everyone here knows the rules but as another thread pointed out some people seem to be less knowlegeable on them.

I am very curious on how strict you follow the rules and your opinion of how you think they work.

1. Eat only three small meals a day

2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly

3. Stop eathing as soon as you feel full

4. Do not drink while you are eating

5. Do not eat between meals

6. Eat only good quality foods

7. Avoid fibrous foods

8. Drink enough fluids during the day

9. Drink only low-calorie liquids

10.Exercise at least 30 mintues a day

My issues....

1. I eat more like 5 really small meal-If not I get low suger crazy.

2. Eating slowly and chewing is teaching me to savor what I can eat.

3. Need to learn this still - I usually go from hungrey to in pain.

4. Learning not to drink is hard but I think I got it.

5. Eating between meals - it's hard not too.

6. Quality Foods - well I hate most quality food so this is a challange too.

7. Avoid fibrous foods - not a problem

8. Drink enough - this is hard since I used to only drink with meals

9. Low-Calorie liquids - I'm doing ok on this exept I like latte's too much

10.Exercise at least 30 mintues - I'm getting this about 4 x Week.

Thank you for sharing this. I have of course heard all the items, but have not seen it like this....

1. Eat only three small meals a day trying to get the 3 in

2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly learning, but working on it

3. Stop eathing as soon as you feel full learning, but working on it

4. Do not drink while you are eating done

5. Do not eat between mealsdone

6. Eat only good quality foods most of the time

7. Avoid fibrous foods YES

8. Drink enough fluids during the day YES

9. Drink only low-calorie liquids YES

10.Exercise at least 30 mintues a day YES

Remember, Inamed's perspective on "the rules" is different than any given patient's. They will happily lay down a list of things that, if you do them, will lead to the absolute best weight loss results. Some of us, for whatever reason, have slightly different goals. Here's my take on the rules:

-- Impossible at first, much easier later on after restriction. Early on my main concern was not getting too hungry so I wouldn't eat too fast, and Snacks were a MUST.

-- YES. This can't really be stressed enough, although the reasons why aren't very clear until good restriction is achieved through adjustments.

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full

-- YES. See #2.

-- This can really counteract the effect of the band if done all the time, but an occasional sip is fine.

-- NOPE. See #1. If I'm hungry, a few bites between meals makes all the difference for me. Getting too hungry is the worst thing I can do.

-- Very good advice. A little is all we need, and it's important to enjoy it.

7. Avoid fibrous foods

-- YES. Don't find this out the hard way.

-- YES. Very important for all sorts of reasons.

-- YES, if you're not actually replacing meals with Protein shakes or something.

-- UMMM.... :nervous :)

1. Eat only three small meals a day-YES

2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly-YES

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full-90% OF THE TIME

4. Do not drink while you are eating-YES (HURTS TOO MUCH)

5. Do not eat between meals-USUALLY NOT

6. Eat only good quality foods-NO, NOT ALL THE TIME

7. Avoid fibrous foods-NO

8. Drink enough fluids during the day-YES

9. Drink only low-calorie liquids-YES

10.Exercise at least 30 mintues a day-NO

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

So would only doing 6/10 give me a D- ??????:omg:

I just got my band a week ago in France. And as you can tell the Europeans have a different point of view...

Their point of view is: Now you eat MUCH less than before (very limited quantaties) thus, you would lose a lot of weight..

So as a result, there is no harm in enjoying yourself occasionally, that doesn't mean to eat all junk food. but since your food intake is reduced greatly, then there is no harm to pamper yourself here and there.

Persoanally, I'm enjoying myself in little quantities (which happen to be all I can eat after the band) with some shakes, lattes, fatty foods sometimes...

This a life-long change, and you have to make it easier to live, you can't spend the rest of your life worrying about if you drank a latte or not, enjoy yourself ocassianlly and you would still lose weight, maybe not as fast, but you WILL STILL LOSE THE WEIGHT..

Enjoy yourself, still with your limited food intake, even the bad choices aren't as harmful as before the band..

Just my 2 cents:scared:

Nope, not possible. If I don't have a 4 PM snack, I get all shaky and cranky. I usually have Breakfast, lunch, 4 PM snack, dinner, and very small night-time snack (my piece of dark chocolate, for instance).

This is the ONLY place where I am a model bandster. See my post on my first and (so far) only PB. Soooo not worth it.

3. Stop eathing as soon as you feel full

Good idea, but it's so hard to get used to the new "full" feeling you get with a band. I've been better lately, but in the beginning the only time I knew to stop eating was when I got shoulder pain.

I don't buy it. Especially at a restaurant. Obviously gulping Water doesn't work, but small sips are fine by me. But for the record, if I don't drink at all during a meal or after, I'm full for at least 5-6 hours. But that's with absolutely no Fluid intake. Uhm, hello? That's nuts.

Grazing all day is a thing of the past. But scheduled Snacks are a must.

Absolutely! I never used to eat meat, but now I crave it. And since I know crap like chips goes right through the band, I never eat it because it feels like such a waste.

7. Avoid fibrous foods

As long as I chew chew chew, I have no problems with fibrous foods. Celery, nori, asparagus, etc. My jaw starts to hurt after a while, so I'd rather not eat these foods in large quantities, but if I had the patience, they would be no problem.

Rarely. Like I said above, if I don't drink between meals, I stay full longer. I try to guzzle a bottle of Water in five minutes at least once a day to keep my bladder healthy, but all in all, I probably only get 32 oz. of water a day.

I can't drink sugary drinks because I feel like I'm getting a UTI almost immediately. And until I lose my teeth, I refuse to drink my meals, so no Protein shakes for me. A few times a week I'll have a diet soda.

Ha. And ha again.