Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on the 18th and a hitial hernia repair and the gas pain in my shoulder and chest is the worse. I'm on clear liquid not really hungry but it bothers me to watch my family eat. Trying to drink Gatorade so I won't dehydrate. I can't wait to be able to actually chew something. Or to have something with texture.

I am the same way ! I'm like geez it sucks to think about food all the time. But that's all I can think about. I'm like I can't wait to I move to purée foods or something else other than Clear Liquids. My dad was in town for my surgery and because he is leaving today, yesterday my family had a big BBQ, and I could have any! BBQ is my favorite.

I think I'm fixing to go to the grocery store and buy some sugar free Jello maybe that will help. I'm a sweet tooth person and I'm still craving that. I can't wait for pudding or yogurt. Hang in there we can do this lol.

I have a sweet tooth as well. What helped me is the sugar free Popsicles , lol those are the best. My dr said to stay away from red things.

yesterday had a scary thing happen. I was fine in the morning and on my stage 1 paper it says you can eat cream of wheat so I had it a few times. Well yesterday afternoon I got very sick to my stomach and was vomiting except nothing was coming up because there was nothing in there. I also had severe gas pains in my chest. The hosp ended up keeping me over nite and put me on naseua medicine and a medicine that coats my stomach before meals.They let me come home a little while ago and I just eat a few spoons of chix broth and started to feel crappy again.

Oh wow ! I'm sorry to hear that. When is your follow up appointment?

I was banded on the 16thnas well. My dr has me on Clear liquids and I am starving !!! I want to move on to the next phase but I am scared. I have had sugar free Popsicles' date=' chicken broth, Jello, Gatorade, and Water ( not all at the same time!!), but when I tell u I'm starving it's an understatement. What scares me is that I haven't had a bm yet!! So first thing tomorrow I am going to call mr dr.

How is everyone else doing ?[/quote']

Yesterday I was at a family member house and didn't expect to be there all day and all she had was cream of mushroom and chicken Soup. With it being only 3 days I was scared but hungry so I had some. ( cream of chicken) and it was great! I had about an ounce. A few sips and nothing happened to me. I'm not suggesting you do it but I just wanted to say that I had something thicker than what I usually had and nothing went wrong......atleast not right now.

I have an app with the nutrut on 5/24 so I think I will stick with Jello and popscicles and protien drinks till then. I tried to eat a little broth and jello and started to feel sick again. I just woke up so I am trying a popsicle. I will keep you posted.

I was banded on the 16thnas well. My dr has me on clear liquids and I am starving !!! I want to move on to the next phase but I am scared. I have had sugar free Popsicles' date=' chicken broth, Jello, Gatorade, and Water ( not all at the same time!!), but when I tell u I'm starving it's an understatement. What scares me is that I haven't had a bm yet!! So first thing tomorrow I am going to call mr dr.

How is everyone else doing ?[/quote']

I'M WITH YOU 110% ON EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL HAVE GAS PAINS, THIS MORNING I WOKE UP WITH SEVERE NAUSEA (had to take script).... I WANT CREAM OF WHEAT!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I have an app with the nutrut on 5/24 so I think I will stick with Jello and popscicles and protien drinks till then. I tried to eat a little broth and Jello and started to feel sick again. I just woke up so I am trying a popsicle. I will keep you posted.

YES, STICK WITH THE BASICS FOR NOW.... I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!

@skinny2bEMG I want cream of wheat too !! I seen other people have moved on past the clear liquids but I'm not sure how long they have been banded but I guess I can wait. Lol

I have an app with the nutrut on 5/24 so I think I will stick with Jello and popscicles and protien drinks till then. I tried to eat a little broth and Jello and started to feel sick again. I just woke up so I am trying a popsicle. I will keep you posted.

I hope u feel better

@skinny2bEMG I want cream of wheat too !! I seen other people have moved on past the clear liquids but I'm not sure how long they have been banded but I guess I can wait. Lol

YES! WE HAVE TO HOLD ON JUST A LITTLE LONGER! MY FOLLOW UP APPT ISN'T UNTIL FRIDAY, BUT LIKE YOU, IM CALLING TOMORROW (NO BM), AND THIS GAS IS RELENTLESS!!!!!!

I CANT SEPARATE GAS PAIN FROM HUNGER PAIN FROM INCISION PAIN... #CONFUSED

Hi Everyone,

I got my band on May 16. Everything seems to be going well. The port locatation is a little sore but not to bad. The worst pain I have is in my upper chest which I assume is from the air blown in for surgery. Trying to burp and get that out. I got weighed before I left the hosp and was up 7lbs but the nurse said it was from all the liquids they had been pumping in me by introvenous. That was a little depressing but hopefully this week I will get rid of that. I would love to hear from anyone to share their journey.

I waws also banded on the 16th late in the evening. I am also sore at the port site but it looks better each day although it is very bruised The other incisions look like they are healing. The drain site still is kind of open looking;. I just added Protein Drinks today..so far just one and of the 8 oz I had 6oz and it took me about 35 minutes to get that down. I don't have a problem getting in the both but I crave something other than that. I have sugar free popsicles and sugar free fudgesicles..when are you allowed to add yougurts and puddings that are SF of course at least the pudding? I have lost 7 pounds since being banded and have the opposite of constipation..don't know how that is for you. Each day gets better it seems but I am so protective and worried about that port site..yikes...

I think gas pain is bad but the bad pain I was getting was a lot worse. I just talked to a friend who also had this done last year and she said if I am getting pain try to eat something like Jello but eat it in 1 tsp per hour. I am going to try a protien drink later. But drinkinging it very very slowly. My gas is feeling a lot better today DONT HOLD ANY IN. These blogs have been great for me to share stories and know I am not alone. Thanks to all.