Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I got my band on May 16. Everything seems to be going well. The port locatation is a little sore but not to bad. The worst pain I have is in my upper chest which I assume is from the air blown in for surgery. Trying to burp and get that out. I got weighed before I left the hosp and was up 7lbs but the nurse said it was from all the liquids they had been pumping in me by introvenous. That was a little depressing but hopefully this week I will get rid of that. I would love to hear from anyone to share their journey.

I too was banded on the 16th, the gas pain has been RELENTLESS! I really don't have any other pain! No worries on the weight loss the lbs will melt off!

What are you "eating" aka drinking this week?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi Everyone,

I got weighed before I left the hosp and was up 7lbs but the nurse said it was from all the liquids they had been pumping in me by introvenous. That was a little depressing but hopefully this week I will get rid of that.

Oh my gosh...I totally relate...when I got home after my surgery I stepped on the scale (really have no idea what I was thinking but oh well) and nearly cried when I discovered that it was up 10 pounds. Oh my...fortunately after a few days and lots of Water to flush that stuff out those 10 pounds came off and then some. :)

Congrats on this big step!!!!

I was banded on the 16th as well and the gas is a killer. I have 3 Protein Shakes a day. 3 cups of chicken broth. A spoonful of Jello here and there and 1 liter or more of Water a day. If I measured right each drink I eat/drink lol is a about 2 oz. Does this seem ok to Yall?

I was banded on the 16th as well and the gas is a killer. I have 3 Protein Shakes a day. 3 cups of chicken broth. A spoonful of Jello here and there and 1 liter or more of Water a day. If I measured right each drink I eat/drink lol is a about 2 oz. Does this seem ok to Yall?

The gas is killing me to. I have been using those Gas-x that go under your tongue. I feel a little better today. I have been eating 1/2 to 3/4 pkg of cream of wheat for breakfast, Soup or yogurt for lonch and 1/2 can of strained creamed soup for dinner. I have had a few protien shakes. Some sugar free jello. And trying to keep drinking water.

The gas is killing me to. I have been using those Gas-x that go under your tongue. I feel a little better today. I have been eating 1/2 to 3/4 pkg of cream of wheat for breakfast, Soup or yogurt for lonch and 1/2 can of strained creamed soup for dinner. I have had a few protien shakes. Some sugar free Jello. And trying to keep drinking Water.< /p>

I can't seem to get more than 16 oz of Water and/or apple juice, a cup of broth, and a cup of Jello down! I'm still struggling with the gas pains!

I would love some cream of wheat right now, I thought only Clear Liquids 1st week?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I can't seem to get more than 16 oz of Water and/or apple juice' date=' a cup of broth, and a cup of Jello down! I'm still struggling with the gas pains!

I would love some cream of wheat right now, I thought only Clear Liquids 1st week?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Try some mint tea. I was banded with plication yesterday and I have not had the gas pains Ive been burping and walking and drinking mint tea.

I got a paper from the hosp when I left with things to eat on certain weeks. So I have been going by my first week which changes on May31. Do you want me to send you the list?

The hospital gave me papers as well but so did True Results and theirs conflict with the hospital. For my first week I'm only suppose to have clear liquids.

The hospital gave me papers as well but so did True Results and theirs conflict with the hospital. For my first week I'm only suppose to have clear liquids. I did take a couple sips of cream of chicken today and it seems I had more room for that than I did for the broth so I stopped because I found that to be strange.

Same happened to me. I called true results and they said to follow true results post opt diet, not the hospital. Fyi

I was banded on the 16thnas well. My dr has me on clear liquids and I am starving !!! I want to move on to the next phase but I am scared. I have had sugar free Popsicles, chicken broth, Jello, Gatorade, and Water ( not all at the same time!!), but when I tell u I'm starving it's an understatement. What scares me is that I haven't had a bm yet!! So first thing tomorrow I am going to call mr dr.

How is everyone else doing ?

I was banded on the 16thnas well. My dr has me on clear liquids and I am starving !!! I want to move on to the next phase but I am scared. I have had sugar free Popsicles, chicken broth, Jello, Gatorade, and Water ( not all at the same time!!), but when I tell u I'm starving it's an understatement. What scares me is that I haven't had a bm yet!! So first thing tomorrow I am going to call mr dr.

How is everyone else doing ?

I was banded on the 16thnas well. My dr has me on clear liquids and I am starving !!! I want to move on to the next phase but I am scared. I have had sugar free Popsicles' date=' chicken broth, Jello, Gatorade, and Water ( not all at the same time!!), but when I tell u I'm starving it's an understatement. What scares me is that I haven't had a bm yet!! So first thing tomorrow I am going to call mr dr.

How is everyone else doing ?[/quote']

I was banded on the 18th and a hitial hernia repair and the gas pain in my shoulder and chest is the worse. I'm on clear liquid not really hungry but it bothers me to watch my family eat. Trying to drink Gatorade so I won't dehydrate. I can't wait to be able to actually chew something. Or to have something with texture.