Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

congrats on staying strong I am proud of you well done!!

Thank you! Looks like you are doing great as well. Where are the other girls?!

I am finally back home. Fun trip but anxious to get back on track again. Went to grocery store tonight to pick up fruits, veggies, ground turkey, light dressing, yogurt and whole wheat pitas. Will post tomorrow.

Welcome home natalie. You are right, things have been very quiet here. I figured now that everyone has pretty much healed, they have gone on with their lives and left us. This makes me sad as I still come to check on how everyone is doing and to ask questions of course.

I'm doing good though. Still not hungry or full, but eating healthy and making good choices. I haven't gotten stuck or over ate, so I call that a big victory. Back to work yesterday and boy was it hard. I was so tired when I got home. I figure the first day is the worst and each one will get better. Boy I sure miss the boredom I was feeling during my time off though!

Glad you are back and that you did well on your cruise! I can't imagine how hard that was, but it sounds like you made good choices just the same. Your once a day treats didn't seem too bad. I get a test Wednesday at a food day at work. I'm sure I'll do fine though. I'm going to make that white chili so I have something I can eat and avoid the rest of the things I can't, focusing on how freeing it is to not eat those foods, feel so full afterwards and knowing I ate healthy, instead of feeling deprived. Its my new secret weapon! I'm changing my thinking pattern and it does help a lot.

Since most of you were banded early in the month, when is your first fill? Are you anxious for it? Afraid of it? what's your thoughts ladies?

June 11, 2012

Breakfast

Egg white bake on arnold round

lunch

Tunafish Sandwich on whole wheat toast

dinner

1 slice pizza (I was bad)

snack

Pita chips (5) with Hummus (1/2 tbs)

Exercise

30 minutes walking

Water

6 glasses

Sleepyone - thanks. Yes, I think now that so many are on regular foods and are healed, they're not on as much. I guess im starting to wean myself off posting as much too, but i still need the support. I have my fill on Thursday and I'm VERY afraid it will be painful. I have fear of needles. Also, I feel like I am learning what and how to eat with no restriction... Once I have it I hope I'm not getting stuck all the time. But I am excited not to be starving every 2 hours.

My day..

Breakfast - 3/4cup strawberry Greek yogurt

snack - 8oz skim milk

lunch - 1 mini pita pizza (had reduced fat mozzarella, minced garlic, mushrooms and ground turkey as toppings.. YUM), 2 strawberries

Snack - 5oz peach yogurt

dinner - 1/2cup tortilla Soup, 1/2cup tilapia with mango salsa

It's 10pm and I am starving!!! Water isn't helping. :(

Didn't do exercise. Need to get back in a routine so bad.

Natalie, I have no intention to wean myself. I like being here. I like the support and I want the support. As for your fear of needles, just don't look. I heard its painless anyway, so the IV you got for the surgery will be worse than the fill. Hang in there, you'll see.

Mom, you are doing great! I'm too scared to try bread or pizza!

Keep up the good work you two!

My day:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg w/cheese and sausage

Lunch: 5 oz greek yogurt

Dinner: tuna salad w 10 crackers

Snack: SF pudding

Walked for 10 min, twice-still having some soreness with my return to work Monday

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Fortunately my appointment is 8am so it'll be over with first thing in the morning!

That pudding sounds yummy. And 10 min walking is good. The important thing is that you just keep moving.

Breakfast - 3/4c greek yogurt

lunch - 1/2 pita pizza, 1/4 banana (I had lunch with friends and had trouble relaxing while eating. I find it easier to eat when I am with family or alone.. is that weird? eating in public is more uncomfortable)

dinner - 1/2 pita pizza, 1/3 cup baby spinach, a few Tomato slices with 2 tbsp fat free balsamic vinaigrette

Exercise - 15 mins recumbent bike and 15 mins elliptical

I ate two hours ago and am STARVING again. last night i was so hungry laying in bed I couldn't fall asleep. Frustrating.

salad is a good filler food. I had some yesterday at the food day! I was a tad worried about eating it, but it went down just fine! I was so glad I did so well at the food day too. I took your advice earlier, when you had that family function, and took something I knew I could eat-chicken salad. I had some healthy sides to go with it, and did not feel tempted nor deprived. I am so proud of myself for surviving the food day! My next test will be eating out, and to think that the one meal and leftovers will feed me for two days is exciting.

Breakfast-4 oz chicken salad and 10 crackers

Lunch-2 oz chicken salad, 1 tsp hummus, garlic flavored (another first) 5 crackers and 2 strawberries, 1/4 cup salad

Dinner-1 cup salad and 3 oz tuna (made with plain yogurt and light Miracle Whip

Walked 10 min

In a way the food day was a bit easier, I think because I knew people would be watching to see what and how much I ate. Positive peer pressure! Eating out is a bit more worrisome for me. Eating such a small portion that the waitress may wonder what is going on... I figure who cares, I am paying for it whether I eat it or take it home.

Let me know how the fill goes!

Eating out was weird the waitress thought something was wrong with my food but it was nice taking it home and having 2 more meals :D

Lol, same thing happened to me. I feel a lot more comfortable eating at home than I do in a restaurant... not sure why.

Got my fill this morning. Only 1cc but it went well. Have to be on liquids today and tomorrow, then back to my regular foods.

glad your fill went well. hopefully it will take your hunger away! have you had a fill yet mom?

Thanks! I am HATING having to be on liquids for these 2 days, but I got through today so only 1 day left.

Even though I only have 1 cc in my band, I'm scared of food getting stuck when I do begin to eat again. I found some WLS cookbooks on Amazon.. thinking of ordering them! Or printing some from on here. Before the band I ate a TON of fast food and take out, so I am still learning how to cook healthy for myself. But i do find preparing a healthy meal for myself makes me feel really good. Open to any suggestions you guys may have.

Today I had skim milk, Water, and some cranberry juice. Need to get soy Protein Powder.< /p>

Exercise - 1 hour belly dance class. Loved it.

Meeting with my trainer tomorrow for a 1 hour session.

How did you guys do today? And has anyone heard from Debbie? I am worried about her.

there are a lot of recipes on lapband.com I also think there's a thread on the main forum on this site with some links to recipes.

Good Morning! Sorry it's been awhile I had to put myself back in check and priorities! I am 21 pounds away from my first goal! And plan on working hard toward that goal. Staying on a strict workout plan and meal plan!

Congrats! glad you are seeing results! I am going to start my work out this weekend. I think I'm finally healed enough. Welcome back!

Thats great Lose_It!

My next goal is 7 lbs away.

Thanks sleepyone. I will check the recipes out. I am back to regular foods tomorrow and want to have a meal plan ready.