Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Wow, I am sorry today was a bad day. :( food and emotions are so tied together. I still get really bad anxiety and frustration over not being able to eat how I used to sometimes, and it comes out as me being snippy. The food is like a drug truly!! If you can get through the withdrawals it is all uphill from there. Keep sipping Water and filling yourself with clean foods til it's out of your system. I am proud of you, you're doing great and made it through the roughest day :) hubby is right - you are strong! It is like a life line for me to come here and talk with you ladies.. Nobody understands how hard this journey is.

I went in for an adjustment today. I'm still in the green zone so no fill needed. But I got the results of my blood draw and I was so disappointed. Glucose is great (yay.. I am afraid of diabetes as it runs in my family. Part of why I got banded). But my bad cholesterol is higher than it should be, and my good cholesterol is low. My thiamine (B1) is VERY low and they are concerned. They gave me lots of pamphlets on how to adjust my diet to get more of it and more supplements. I just hoped after my weight loss id have perfect test results but its not the case..

They want me to eat more meat, more milk (2 glasses a day). They said I need to up my calories by 100-200. I am just so scared doing that will make me gain weight. It was hard to hear. But now I need to buck up and do better.

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 6 almonds

lunch - pita, 2tbsp Peanut Butter

dinner - 1/2c braised beef, 1/2c yams

snack - 1/2 Protein Bar, 5oz yogurt, 1/4c mixed berries

liquids - Water, tea

How many calorie are you taking in? Do you think that not taking in enough calories is something that is throwing your numbers off? Or If you take in more meat or milk and less of something else that would help? I'm not really sure how the numbers all work. I have a grandpa that is a diabetic. i know he really watches his food in take, well my granny does for him! It really stinks they are not where they need to be. I hope that changing your diet around helps you numbers level to where they need to be.

Today was a much better day. Not as many cravings and I went to the grocery store and didn't have to "fight" myself so hard where I put something in the cart just to take it out put it in to just rush out of the store. I can't wait for it to b controllable again.

Breakfast kashi Cereal with almond milk

lunch the healthy choice meal didn't really go down all that well not sure if I need to chew it longer or smaller bites

dinner planing on either turkey meatloaf with mashed cauliflower or turkey chili

Morning snack 2 baby bell cheese

Afternoon snack kashi soft bar

What kind of kashi bar and Cereal do you eat? Sounds yummy. I am glad today was smoother! It will get easier every day. Think how far you have come from before surgery, when you would've given in to the sugar cravings. Keep up the great work :)

I am not sure but I think if I focus on getting my Protein first, the b1 will get better. Just gonna take it one day at a time and they're going to test me again in 3 months. I have been consuming about 950 calories a day, tops. I was having 70g of Protein a day, And doing 5 days a week of cardio/weighs. So they want me at 1100 cals per day and at least 75g protein.

Today was day one of trying that. I had 1/2 a Protein Bar with my snack, and then a glass of skim milk for another snack. I can't help feeling anxious and like this is going to make me gain weight, but I will trust them and see how my numbers shake out at my next appointment.

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 6 almonds, 1/8c blueberries

lunch - 1/4c green Beans, 1/2c shredded beef

dinner - 3 turkey mini meatballs with BBQ Sauce, 1/4c bell peppers salad, 1tbsp lite ranch

Snack - 8oz skim milk, 1/2 protein bar, 5oz yogurt, 1/3 banana

Exercise - 30 min elliptical

My days are going So much better than the initial going off of junk. It's still not easy by any means going into a store. I feel like I'm pregnant all over again I went into wal- grens and I could smell the chocolate!! What is that?!? :o ( I am 100% sure I am not!) but it is starting to get easier, thank you Daisy for letting me talk to you! I am still struggling day to day. it's a constant self fight but I will make it.

We like the strawberry Kashi cereal bars the soft ones, I eat them in small pieces and they go down just fine. Adam likes the brownie Kashi bars not a fan. I like Kashi products because they are not many calories and a good snack. we also eat their cereal.

Today wasn't horrible as soon as I get my eating and emotions under control again my family is joining the YMCA with a friend of mine I like having a work out buddy.

breakfast:Silk chocolate milk

lunch: sausage and chic gumbo

dinner: started to lose control and ate pizza toppings off two squares of pizza. I stopped and got out a veggie burger. and went on my way

Morning snack 2 baby bell cheese

afternoon snack: Kashi bar

P.S I hope that upping your Protein will fix your b1! I don't know if it will make you gain but maybe adding a little more to working out if you start gaining?

Ok I am going to try that. I rarely have cereal cuz I don't find much Protein in it, but will give it a try. I saw Kashi granola bars at target (honey flax, dark chocolate, and a Peanut Butter one).. About 140cal and 6g Protein. May have that with a kids size yogurt for a snack.

It's been day 2 of upping the cals and protein. I bought b1 Vitamins at whole foods today. Overall, I have been feeling full for longer and none of the light headedness I hd before, yay. But mentally I feel like I am "cheating" and getting bigger.. I kno it's all in my head especially when my doctor tells me I need to do this.

I agree - gotta up the exercise. I am thinking 10 extra mins to start. I am going to treat myself to a new workout DVD.

I am just happy to have you back in here posting. The extra support is wonderful!! It is a mental battle when it comes to food but you will win! You are stronger than you know and every healthy food choice you make it will get easier and easier. It will be so worth it. Sometimes I get sad and angry thinking of the power food has over me.. I know I will struggle with this for the rest of my life. But knowing there are others out there going throug the same thing helps. I'm always here if you need to vent! Why not make a small goal (3lbs, getting 5 workouts in, whatever you choose) and treat yourself to a non food reward once you hit it? You deserve it'!

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 1/4c almonds

lunch - 3oz tilapia, 1/2c black Beans

snack - 1 protein bar, 1 cracker with cheese

dinner - 1/2 chicken enchilada, 1/4c refried Beans, 1tbsp salsa with 3 tortilla chips

liquids - Water, 8oz milk

Exercise - 1 hr rock climbing... Went with friends. Hard but a blast.

Tonight is DATE NIGHT!! I have Been really good on my eating so I am going to dinner tonight. I'm really excited to have date night with the hubster. I have decided I will not over do it but not be super strict either with my eating. I hope you have. Good Friday!!

Breakfast: silk dark chocolate milk

Morning snack kashi cereal bar

lunch 1c. Gumbo Soup campbells

dinner we are not sure where we are going but I will post tomorrow and Also what I ate!

Fun!!! How was date night with hubby? You deserved to get out and treat yourself!! Hope you had a wonderful time.

Tonight was my girls night out. :) went to Indian restaurant then dessert after. I def think I overate.. My stomach looks visibly bloated and I did start to feel uncomfortable. Learned my lesson and I am getting right back on track tomorrow w/eating my healthy foods and exercising in the afternoon. I did have a fun night tho.

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt, 1/3 banana, 6 almonds

lunch - 3/4c beef stew, 1/4c diced peaches

dinner - 1/2 samosa, 3/4c chicken curry, rice, naan

Dessert - 1/2 scoop ice cream, chocolate chip cookie

Liquids - 8oz milk, 16oz tea, Water

No exercise today :(

Tried a new workout today. I downloaded the Nike Training Club app and did one of the 30 min "Get Toned" workout... oh my gosh it was TOUGH!! But I made it to the end somehow. lol.

Hope you had a good day!

Breakfast - 1 Protein bar, 1/2 banana

lunch - 1 flax pita with crunchy Peanut Butter

dinner - 3/4c chicken, quinoa, broccolli

snack - 6oz yogurt, 1/8c blueberries, 8 almonds (going to eat it soon)

Liquids - tea, 8oz glass of milk

Need to get better about getting my 2 glasses of milk

Exercise - 30 min

Good Monday! Date night was great we went to Cheddars! I had a chicken ceasar past salad I could only eat the salad part! Not the chicken or Pasta. But that's okay then we went for ice cream I don't think I did too bad!

Today I woke up late and didn't get breakfast

lunch southwest Soup

dinner chili

Today was busy busy busy

Glad you enjoyed yourselves!! It's important to treat yourself occasionally and enjoy that ice cream :) And sounds like you made good choices today even if you didn't get a chance to have breakfast today.

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 6 almonds, 1tbsp blueberries

lunch - 3oz tuna salad (made with 1tbsp light mayo, 1/4 apple sliced), 1/2 fruit cup

dinner - 3/4 chicken breast, 1tbsp spicy hummus, 10 wheat thins, 3 carrot sticks

snack - 5oz yogurt, 1/3 banana, 1/2 Protein bar

Liquids - Water, 8oz milk, tea

Exercise - 30 min elliptical, 15 min weights

Busy day at work today 2 confrence calls and a stylist demo! The feeling of wanting sweets is still there from time to time but nothing like the withdraws! So much better like I said before I hope that feeling I remember for a long time!!!

Breakfast silk chocolate milk

Morning snack kashi cereal bar strawberry

lunch healthy choice meal

Afternoon snack babybell cheese

dinner progresso Soup

I'm sure this recent experience will make it a heck of a lot easier to resist the temptation. LOL. love soy milk too.

So I am freaking out a little. As I said after my last appt, my doctor asked me to up my calories to about 1100 (I was getting 950max before). I have been around 1050 for the past week. I am getting my extra cals from fat free milk, Protein Bars, and meat Protein. Weighed myself this morning and I've gained 1lb. I am exercising the same as before. Whenever I change my eating, I have noticed I usually gain a few lbs.. then a week later I will lose a few. I just dont know how i have not lost in a week. Am I being crazy?? Should I call the doctor or just wait it out?

I am going to do well tomorrow. chicken, salad, lots of Water and Protein. Maybe I need more variety in my exercise too.

Breakfast - 5 almonds, 6oz yogurt, 1 strawberry

lunch - did not plan it well.. ended up having 3/4c raisin bran, 1/2c skim milk, 1 strip turkey bacon

dinner - 3/4 chicken breast, 1/4c corn, 1/4c potatoes

snack - 1/2 protein bar, 1skinny cow ice cream

Liquids - 8oz milk, tea

no exercise today

Your being a crazy lady! Just freaking out, we all do it though when the scale goes the opposite way of what we want it to! I would give it a week at least to see how your body is going to adjust to the more food more excise. you said that when you switch up your diet you gain a pound and then lose the following week,that might be what is happening.

day 3 no weight loss! GRRRR! It will come but time to get back into working out!

breakfast: Silk

morning snack 22 baby bell cheese

lunch harvest Tomato Soup

afternoon snack Kashi mocha bar

dinner:1/4c corn, 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/2c mashed cauliflower

Ok ok... lol! that actually makes me feel better to know I am being a little irrational. I feel calmer now and going to take your advice and see how my body responds.

3 days of no weight loss can be frustrating! Hang in there, it will come. Have you gotten to the YMCA with your family?

Got myself 3 new workout dvds today (Barnes and Noble had a sale).. excited to try them.

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 6 almonds, 1tbsp blueberries

lunch - 1/2c salad with 1/4c pulled chicken, 2 celery sticks with 1tbsp Peanut Butter and raisins on them.. "ants on a log". Yum!

snack - 1 Protein bar

dinner - 1c beef chili, 4 saltines

Liquids - 12oz skim milk, Water

Exercise - 30 min pilates dvd

Did pretty well today. I did have pizza for dinner (was babysitting my 2 year old step sister, that's her fave food). But Stuck to only 1 slice and got my exercise today so I'm not stressing. Thanks for pep talk yesterday :)

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt, 6 almonds

lunch - 3/4 chicken breast, 3 carrot sticks, 1tbsp hummus

dinner - 1 slice pepperoni pizza

snack - 1/2 banana, 1 Protein bar

Liquids - Water, tea, 10oz skim milk

Exercise - 30 min elliptical, 15 min weights