Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ativan??????????????

Sorry Beth, I did not take anything. Actually I've never heard of Ativan. What does your doctor say about it ?

I was given some type of sleeping pill at bedtime in the hospital after my surgery in MX and always wondered what the heck it was, because I slept sooooo great that night! Them someone who bothered to ask told me it was Ativan. Wow. Good stuff!

It's an anti-anxiety medicine that will either calm you down or make you go sleepy for a nice long nap. I've been given either Ativan or Valium before some procedures to keep me from freaking out.

I took Ativan years ago, at night, when I was on Zoloft. It was a nice peaceful sleepy kinda med.

I'll admit there are days I could use it now :)

Did anyone take Ativan a couple days before to help with the nervousness and if so did it do the trick?

Ativan, Xanax and Valium are just about the same. They are not anti-depressants but rather calm the nerves, so if that is your problem...nervous about the surgery, it certainly won't hurt you to be on some Ativan. It's addictive, so you don't want to take it for too long. At the hospital they will administer some Versed I'm sure to take the edge off the nervousness. I wish you luck.

I was given Ativan to take if needed for the days before surgery. I know from reading posts here that it is normal to be emotional and scared before surgery, but I really felt that I needed some extra support and am glad I had the option of Ativan. I went into surgery well rested and very calm. For me it was a lifesaver. Good luck!!!

Loooove me some Ativan. Was prescribed for the panic attacks I was having last year while my dad was sick (and ultimately passed).

I like it because it acts quick but leaves your system quick so no druggie hangover. It gives me a nice gentle state of calm. Mellow. Happy. It's good stuff!!!!

My hospital refers to the calming drug they use in your IV before they put you under as "a margarita." That is MY kind of drink. I will order a double this time!!!!!!!!

I'll be hitting the Xanax in the days ahead of de-banding surgery, I'm sure. Perfectly understandable to be nervous and anxious. Good luck to you -- and your nerves. :)

Ativan and Xanax rule! I was prescribed some Xanax before I was released, because I had developed an uncontrollable shaking from anxiety right after surgery. Since I've been home I've only had to take it once (when I was freaking out on day two because of horrible nausea) and it works wonders.

Ativan is in the same family of drugs as Valium. It is used alot with Chemo treatments to help alleviate nausea. IT is used for anti-anxiety as well. It can be addictive.

Some people it can have the opposite effect. Instead of a calming, quieting effect it can over excite them. My sister was in one of her Manic stages and was given 4 mg of Ativan (for me that would have put me in a coma). It didn't even phase her. She was UP all night long. So was I.