Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Completaly Confused And Lost

Hi everyone,

I was banded 05/04/12... So I'm fairly new to this. I have been heeling great! Went on a 3days clear liquid diet than couldn't take it anymore so switch to full liquid diet but was hungry way too after so I called in and they said I could switch to purrees eventhough I was 5days post-op! EVERYTHInG was doing great I could keep it down AND even started trying pieces and chucks here and there to experience and even that I can manage to keep down and digest just as if I had no band...:-/ I don't feel that annoying sick full feeling like most ... Though I don't try to fill myself to the top either but sometimes I do eat more than 1cup and nothing....:-/ IS IT NORMAL??!!:-(

I'm scheduled for my 1st apoubtemrng Monday and honnestly I don't know what to expect!

I am very sad because I lost 10lbs before and 3days after surgery but as soon as I reintroduced food to my body with purees, I STOPPED loosing and already gained 1lbs back!!:-( I DOBT understand why because I try eating healthy!! All my purees are home made with fish, very little ptt and more veggies and hummus and sugar free pudding and Greek yogurt!!! My food intake has DRASTICALY lower from before I could eat 1 to 2 FULL plates per meals and now I try to maintain 1 to 1 1/2 cup down per meal which start to cone up now every 2-3hours of interval!!!:-( I just dont understand how coming from 4000cal and more before to like 1290 or so does Not make me drop much more!!!?:-(

Also I just bought today a Protein shake! Never took any before bring scarred they were too rich and would make me blow up but the nurse said I HAVE TO for my muscles!!:-(

I want to keep loosing and was so happy to watch those 10lbs drop so fast but now it's very discouraging!!!:-(

Plus I wanna start working out to maybe jump up the lose again but I'm only 1week post-op today!! When can I start the gym again?

Is it possible to get my 1st fill 1week post-op??!!!

I can't possibly imagine waiting 3 full weeks post-op for a fill when 1week post-op I'm already gaining back!!!:-(

What should I do??!!

Any advise would be appreciated!! Thank u :-)

Congrats on being banded but right now for you its all about healing. Take it slow.

If its any help i got to restriction after my 5th fill at 6 months po

Whoa, you just had surgery! Let your body heal for a few weeks. Did they fill your band when you had surgery? I bet not. That's why you are not feeling fullness. At this point the only thing to do is heal, drink the Protein shakes. They are so full of good things - not fat.

Remember you didn't get fat overnight, you are not going to get thin overnight either. Slow down, don't worry, enjoy the pounds ( one/two at a time)and inches that will start coming off. This is not a race, this is your new life!

Keep eating as your doc suggests, chew like crazy, eat so slowly that you can't believe you're eating! Drink at least 8 glasses of Water. Have you started logging food on an online site yet. I use Myfitnesspal.com it is easy to use.

I agree with readytogoforit this didn't happen over night. You need patience. I count the ounces I lose not the pounds. Then I still feel good about losing. You need to keep eating protien, protien makes you feel full longer. Also liquids are a big factor keep drinking low calorie drinks. I was banded 4/17/12 and am on mushy. I walk everyday and that helps alot. Just because you cannot workout you can walk and walk some more. Hope this helps.

P.S. I don't get my first fill till June 6

Not only does Protein make you feel full for longer, if you don't have enough Protein, it will actually slow your weight loss! The Protein shakes are formulated for low carb and high protein. I also was hesitant to use them, but I found several that I like, and that part of my diet has gone well. Make certain that the Protein powder had 100% whey isolate for the best nutrition.

Try not to become obsessed with the scale, and I know that is easier said than done. Along the way, you may hit plateau's where you are doing everything right, but the weight loss stalls. Discouraging, but stay compliant, get some exercise, and the scale will begin to move in the right direction. And from what I have read, it is normal to regain a pound or so when you return to eating solid foods.

Sounds like you are doing a good job...so keep your focus!

And, I have yet to get my first fill...

Thank u ladies... Well those 10lbs coming off DEFINITLY made me happy but they didn't come off easily as I worked hard on following my liquid diet to a T...! I just hate to see AGAIN all my hard work going into flames...:-(

I'm going to start walking and see with my doctor Monday what physical activities I can do ... Maybe dance classes or swim...??!!:-/

I'm going to monitor myself and keep a feeding journal over the weekend to see really how often I get hungry and write all I eat!!! Maybe that'll help the doctor direct me the right way...

I just bought this Protein shake: "pure protein: 100% whey protein 25g"... Not sure if it is good or the right one... It is 140cal per scoop and it says "ultrafiltered Whey Protein Comcentrate blend --> microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate"... I'm hoping that's good....?? Howmuch should I take? What should be my daily intake with this?

I'm thinking of making a shake of this every morning and use this as my breakfast... Is that a good idea?

As per my filling, the nurse said I had 0.2cc at the surgery but im sure that is nothing...though I eat much less than before I just hope I could stop being hungry...!!!:-(

I think I'm going to also try to stay in tune with myself... I have been very stressed out this week being my 1st week back to work so I am unsure weather my hunger is from my stonack or my brain...:-/ it's hard to tell!!!:-/

I just hope I made the right decision as I am paying all this out of pocket since I wasn't fat enough for the jnssurance and this was really my last resort option!!!:-(

Any food restrictions as for weigh loss besides the usual junk?

I heard no Peanut Butter or shrimp and celery...etc...;-/ I really wonder why...

Thanks again for all ur help and support ladies!!!:-)