Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C-Section Vs. Lap Band Recovery

I had a c-section tha went horribly wrong .I had to have deep wound packing for 3 months afterward .So yea lap band much easier for me :-)

Oh wow! My c-section went wrong too. I kept thinking could this be worse than that? I'm hoping it isn't cause I was off work being packed with gauze too every other day. Horrible experience- I know everyone is not the same but I can't imagine on my day may 18 And my recovery will be the same as those times. I had to tolerate lots of pain! Thanks for sharing.

I have had 2 c-sections and recovered pretty quickly overall. Are they similar? My friend who has lap band but no c-sections seemed to think it was different b/c of the locations of the incisions, etc. Did you need help getting out of the chair for a few days?

no way is this surgery as bad as a c-section. i never needed any help to get out of a chair, a lounge or off the bed.

Much easier than my c-section!! I can get out of my chair all by myself!!!! I'm a big girl!!! LOL :D

Well I love my friend to death, but when she said she had to have her husband help her out of her chair for almost 2 days I was a little dumbfounded!

I thought the same. I had two c-sections and a liposcopic gallbladder removal. The band was the worse of all three. Day one and two was horrible. I am at day three and much better. I went into it thinking it was going to be super easy but I was so wrong. The day of surgery was really bad. Unlike with a c-section, this pain is ongoing. But like I said, day three is MUCH better. Best wishes!

Well I love my friend to death, but when she said she had to have her husband help her out of her chair for almost 2 days I was a little dumbfounded!

i reckon. Perhaps she had a bad experience with it all. i certainly didnt have any issues.

I had 2 c-sections and they were much easier than the lapband for me. Quite honestly I thought the lapband was going to be a cakewalk because of going through the sections but was I wrong! I was up and running within 2 weeks of the sections and the lapband took me at least 6-7 weeks to feel good again.

Lap band was worse

Than my two c-sections and my galbladdder removal. I needed more help and the pain was intense for two days. Today is day is day four and I don't need medicine. So it is fast recovery.

I've had 3 c-sections, gallbladder removal and then the lap band 4 weeks ago. My c-sections were a much more painful recovery than the others. With my lap band I felt worse from the anesthesia than the actual pain from the surgery. Now that I'm older I just don't bounce back as quickly too. By day 3 I was feeling much better, but was still a little wiped out from the surgery until about day 5.

Good luck, you'll breeze right through it!