Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping And Gas 7 Days After Band

By far, yesterday was my worst day. Today has been good. But I notice when I stand up, I get the hiccups, or after drinking any amount at any temperature. I also feel the constant need to burp, but I cant. I am also passing crazy gas! I have been using the Gas X strips 4x a day, chewing a few tums, and even took a Zantac. Tomorrow I can have creamed Soups, so I have not had any solid food yet.

I also was drinking without a straw, but for the last 20 years, I have only used a straw. I tried a straw today, and I didn't notice any difference. Could the gas they use during surgery be what I am feeling in my chest, below my throat and above my stomach?

I had my surgery may 1st and I still have lots of gas also. It sucks cuz I hate burping.

Yes, the pressure is the gas. I was super burpy for the first few weeks and had a lot of gas in my stomach for a week or two. I also had delayed gas pains in my shoulder, but did not get any gas chest pains.

It isn't really pain in my chest, just some pressure, I guess, and feeling the need to burp, but can't.

Oh, I remember "gas" well. If you haven't gotten left shoulder pain yet, just wait for that! You are doing fine, it helps to walk, walk and walk some more! Good luck, you are doing fine! Karen

I agree with Karen, I had gas pain for a about two weeks too. When you can start eating it will also help but walking is going to be your best friend. When you do start eating go slow, chewwwwwww a lot. :lol: this might sound strange but if you chew even when you are on the liquide fase it will help you feel more satified. I still do liquide after a fill.

Amy

banded 05

After another hiccup filled sleepless night, I called the doctor. They had me come right in and it turns out my band already had 4 cc's. I was under the impression they didn't fill it at all until my 1st appt which was scheduled for 5/29. I felt relief instantly! Gas pains I can deal with, but the heartburn/reflux crap, not so much! I am almost 36, and have NEVER had heartburn/reflux! So glad I called! They said that I should be fine with future fills, but they will go with small ones!