Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cottage Cheese & Pudding

Not together! :omg:

Here's what the doc told me - Clear liquids (you know the deal) for 7 days. Day 8 I can add non-fat yogurt no fruit bits. Day 10 add Protein drinks/shakes at least 30g of protein. Then day 22 Solid meals.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how cottage cheese and pudding fit into this. My theory is - yogurt is about the same time I can have pudding (dairy & all) and of course only if I found non-fat, etc. Then I'm thinking when I add the protein I could have cottage cheese (again non-fat, small-curd). Because I believe cottage cheese is a protein...:cry

Anyways...this post band diet is really freakin' hard once the swelling has started to go down (and I think it will only get worse) so I'm looking for ways to 'trick' myself into feeling like there's a little more variety in my life! (For example...did you know that if you cook Top Raman with the noodles -and throw them out it tastes different then if you just cook the broth? ) I've already been through just about every combo of every broth available at the store! :speechles

Thanks...

Okay, read my User name about the Egg Drop Soup. Oops, I changed my user name thingy...it used to say Eat Egg Drop Soup Post-Op.

I think you are right about the pudding being like yogurt and the cottage cheese in with solid foods.

I still have to be very careful with cottage cheese, probably because my bites are too big, but I generally get the golf ball in my chest when I do cottage cheese unless I take the tiniest bite and chew. So I just don't eat it most of the time. Anyhow, be careful with it.

Look in the food Forum...theres a Sticky about the food Stages. It's really helpful and gives some great ideas about what to eat in each stage. Follow YOUR docs orders, but you can get some good food ideas there.

Egg Drop soup is the bomb.

Not together! :omg:

Here's what the doc told me - Clear Liquids (you know the deal) for 7 days. Day 8 I can add non-fat yogurt no fruit bits. Day 10 add Protein drinks/shakes at least 30g of Protein. Then day 22 Solid meals.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how cottage cheese and pudding fit into this. My theory is - yogurt is about the same time I can have pudding (dairy & all) and of course only if I found non-fat, etc. Then I'm thinking when I add the protein I could have cottage cheese (again non-fat, small-curd). Because I believe cottage cheese is a protein...:cry

Anyways...this post band diet is really freakin' hard once the swelling has started to go down (and I think it will only get worse) so I'm looking for ways to 'trick' myself into feeling like there's a little more variety in my life! (For example...did you know that if you cook Top Raman with the noodles -and throw them out it tastes different then if you just cook the broth?) I've already been through just about every combo of every broth available at the store! :speechles

Thanks...

COttage cheese would be cosidered a protein(it is cheese) but its also cosidered by most to be a mushy stage at best. So try & hold off till your 1/2 past the mushy stage & than intro it. Some have a hard time w/it - i don't but its best to error on the side of caution during healing time.

Please READ your contents on those noodel packages- way to much sodium for anyone especially someone on a weight loss regiment. Good luck:clap2:

(For example...did you know that if you cook Top Raman with the noodles -and throw them out it tastes different then if you just cook the broth?)

Don't eat those things.:confused: Have you checked out the nutrition label on them. You will have high blood pressure if you don't already. And when you cook put the noodles and take them out you are eating all the starch they left behind. Oh let's find some better choices. Believe it or not, Safeway's brand of chicken broth is absolutly wonderful. SF popsicles and Jello breaks up all the broth you have to eat. Can you tell I like sugar. LOL Are you taking your Vitamins, they can meal all by themsleves.

Congratulations on your banding.....YEAHHHHHH

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I wanted to let you know that I'm a very low BMI'er so they're actually afraid of me losing too much weight (can someone actually do that? LOL) so I've been told a couple things that they don't normally recommend. I'll tell you I think I'm also decieving to them (not my doctor because we had this conversation before the banding, but more to his staff) because I'm quite short (so my actual poundage isn't as high as someone taller, but the BMI doesn't lie!) and am blessed enough to carry my weight well and I also spent many years in pageants so I am trained on how to hide flaws with clothes and other "tools".

Although I have been afraid to admit being of lower BMI for fear of discrimination on the forums...isn't that funny? But I guess it's just something else to be insecure about...I've been ashamed of my weight for so long and I've already starting feeling the success of losing that I guess I feel like I should still feel bad. Does that even make sense? :)

Oh...and as far as the blood pressure thing...I have to tell you it made me smile because I have low blood pressure (on the borderline of needing meds to up it)...I know this is odd for my weight (and especially since high bp runs in the fam)...but I never thought of the sodium, which is just plain bad on so many levels! Thanks for pointing that out...

I really just love the way this forum makes me feel...like a whole secret support network ready to catch me if I fall and help me when I need it!

Thank you. :clap2:

Oh yeah...and I wanted to add...that it's true about the vitamens...I have them for Breakfast and they do fill me up...almost more than anything else. I love the popsicles too...sugar is my vice by far!

:biggrin1: