Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband installed in 2009. In the first couple of months I felt it was a success. I lost 30 lbs. I suffered from acid reflux most of my adult life and the lapband "CURED" that, so that part of it is good. Since that first 30 lbs I have been unable to lose any more weight. I'm 6' 2" tall, and my weight fluctuates between 300 and 310. I eat small portions and get full quickly, I can't get adjusted down any more than I am because I'm already eating small amounts and I sometimes have to throw up because I get plugged up easily. I don't drink soda, I drink coffee and Water mostly. I did join a gym in December and I go once in awhile.

Before the band I was slowly gaining weight. I guess since I lost a little bit and I no longer gain weight I am better off then before the band. Still, I really wish I could drop 100 lbs.

what fears did you have before surgery ? can you walk me through them?

Why don't you start your own thread for this question? You will get responses geared towards your question.

I had my lapband installed in 2009. In the first couple of months I felt it was a success. I lost 30 lbs. I suffered from acid reflux most of my adult life and the lapband "CURED" that, so that part of it is good. Since that first 30 lbs I have been unable to lose any more weight. I'm 6' 2" tall, and my weight fluctuates between 300 and 310. I eat small portions and get full quickly, I can't get adjusted down any more than I am because I'm already eating small amounts and I sometimes have to throw up because I get plugged up easily. I don't drink soda, I drink coffee and Water mostly. I did join a gym in December and I go once in awhile.

Before the band I was slowly gaining weight. I guess since I lost a little bit and I no longer gain weight I am better off then before the band. Still, I really wish I could drop 100 lbs.

Do you track calories? How often do you eat? I'm guessing you are eating more than you should be. I would start tracking food for a few days and see what the calories come out as.

''I don't drink soda, I drink coffee and Water mostly. I did join a gym in December and I go once in awhile.''

Wilkie i think there might be your problem :) you may be one of those people that needs to exercise every day to shift those lbs, i know if i miss a day and eat my normal amount of calories that i do every day 1000 - 1200 i can actually put on weight if i dont burn them off. Some people can lose weight from just restricting food only and some cant ... i would step up your exercise and see if those lbs start shifitng ..good luck !

I agree with Cazzy, I am one of the poeple who HAS to exercise. I also agree with stephyanders and Mis73, it would be worth it to analyze calories, fat grams and Protein grams in your diet. My doc receommends low card high protein. i have been eating about 900- 1200 calories daily. i always eat protein then veggies then allow a few carbs.

Hi. Does your gym have a pool? I highly recommend Water exercise for heavy people. I always HATED the pool growing up. Water based exercise may help you loose enough weight that you feel more comfortable doing land based exercise. I started out swimming (using a snorkle to make it easier) at 365 pounds in my fat lady swim dress. I also recommend a water proof MP3 player (look on Amazon). I go to water aerobics and we have guys that attend. You can ask the instructor for ways to make the moves easier at the start and for more advanced moves later on. I started swimming before being banded. All together I've lost about 140 pounds.

I am a slow loser but exercise really is a success breeds success endevor. The more you exercise the more you loose. The more you loose the easier it is for you to exercise.

what fears did you have before surgery ? can you walk me through them?

Falling Leaves, no fears what-so-ever, I was excited the whole way. The surgery went smooth.

Why don't you start your own thread for this question? You will get responses geared towards your question.

hmmmmmm......this was my own thread and all the responses "were" geared towards my post. Thanks anyway.

Thank you to everyone for your responses. I agree totally that I need to excercise "more". The pool is not for me, I'm very self concious about my weight and wont be caught dead in a pool. I do enjoy the excersise machines though and don't feel bad about myself when I use them. I'm pretty sure I'm not being judged when I'm in the gym, that's where I "should" be right? As for calorie intake, I'm usually pretty good about it, I have an app called "calorie count" that is free and really good, I recommend it to anyone looking for something like that. I think my problem is my metabolism, and I probably "do" need to excersise every single day. What a curse!!!!

I also have to workout all the time. Maybe you are taking a med that might be hindering your weight loss?

Cheri

hmmmmmm......this was my own thread and all the responses "were" geared towards my post. Thanks anyway.

The response to this poster was not meant for you, but as a suggestion the the poster start their own thread because they had asked the same question on multiple threads started by others that had no relation to the posed question, meaning they would probably not get responses to their question.

Thanks for getting snippy though.

I lost 60 pounds with the lap band with minimal exercise. Once I dropped below 200 pounds, my weight loss stalled and I was very frustrated. I knew I needed to start an exercise program, and it has helped immensely...now I'm only 19 pounds away from my goal. It was tough to get started at first, since I was so out of shape, but now I love it and hit the gym at least 5 days a week. Give it a shot, and I'm sure the scale will get moving again!

Stephyanders, I've only noticed one person getting "snippy" and it isn't Wilkie94585. Wilkie94585, it is my opinion that if you still have room for a fill and you're not losing weight, you should get one. Just because some foods get stuck doesn't mean that the pouch is holding back as much as it should of "easier" foods. Of course, all of the typical advice about no liquid calories, sweets and all that still applies too. I know this, unfortunately, from experience. I think I needed a shrink more than I needed a lapband. I am 11 years out and my band is max filled. I only wish I could get another fill.