Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Want To Freak Anyone Out But.....

http://www.springerl...h5605015566218/

The study in the article from the original poster is from the 90's- the bands and surgery have changed since then. The article I posted above is more relevant with statistics and the current bands used.

The port (mine anyway) is no where near the actual band. Why would the port hurt? Strange.

Wish you luck!

If the band is infected the bacteria travels from the stomach/band to the port site.

Exactly TKW i was wondering the same thing.

The port (mine anyway) is no where near the actual band. Why would the port hurt? Strange.

Wish you luck!

My port don't hurt neither is swollen, red or anything. My port is on top of my belly button n is uncomfortable with the pants rubbing n sometimes when I sit or the way I sit. I had breast redux 6 weeks ago n it's being challenging, everything is off. Sometimes I'm fine n in a second get a little pain in my stomach. I still bruise n swollen from the surgery since the nurse told me that older people takes longer to heal. If I touch my boobs or something my stomachs n sides will feel the discomfort. I don't want to get physc when I read all the postings. This has not being a picnic this is a journey. It's a long time since I vomit, I place myself on shakes broth etc after the surgery bc that is when all the little things started. I loved to get info on other cases get prep just in case. My blessing to all of you.

If you have bad enough erosion bacteria will travel down the tubing and cause an infection at your port site.

The study in the article from the original poster is from the 90's- the bands and surgery have changed since then. The article I posted above is more relevant with statistics and the current bands used.

Did you purchase this study? $35.00 is pretty steep.

Click on the bold title when it asks you to pay and it'll open.

If the band is infected the bacteria travels from the stomach/band to the port site.

Oh..... thanks, I was drawing a blank! :)

Click on the bold title when it asks you to pay and it'll open.

I could only read one page...ah well.

I think this related to the get thin clinics that had deaths in the Los Angelas area and not exactly problems with the band itself.

I don't KNOW 4 sure but I have the symptoms & my doc said he wanted 2 see me ASAP.

Please keep us posted, I just had my band removed due to erosion. It was scary but everything turned out okay. Good luck and think possitive.

there was this thread on this "here" board a few months ago where someone complained that they got the band back in 2000 or whatever and they failed and it was a waste and they had to have it removed because of xyz...and how no one should get the band...but the band has changed since 2000...