Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why didn't we know ... before surgery?

I follow the 24 hour rule. Instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to an email, a post, whatever I wait 24 hours.

Otherwise, defensiveness, and inner anger (read: my own "stuff" being taken out on others ) can give vent to something you wish you had not.

Sometimes that angry part of our nature is just looking for an excuse to lash out.

1. Tricia's title did it's job. This is the most active thread I've seen in a while.

2. I visit a lot of online communities and I choose to believe that everyone has good intentions. And on those few occasions when I find myself feeling angry or defensive, all I have to do is remind myself that these are all total strangers and when it comes right down to it, I don't really care what someone who doesn't know me thinks or says about me. There's too much crap going on in regular life to let some faceless, voiceless person on the internet ruin my day.

:):clap::):clap::):clap::)

Superbly put :)

Hiya Gloria.. I've been here at LBT for about three months now and the main thing I've learned about posting on the boards is that two wrongs don't make a right. A nice PM to Tricia would have given her the chance to think about how her title might have offended people and she might have quickly offered to change it. When we perceive that someone is directing insults at us, our first response is typically to defend ourselves.. often with equal or greater insults. I myself have walked right into this before I realized what I was being drug into. Nothing will ever be truly resolved by slinging hateful, hurtful words at one another. Even if Tricia said it to be rude.. how are we any better if we respond in kind?

If we see a post by someone that bothers us enough to address that person about the post, then we should have the maturity to do so in a PM instead of turning the entire thread into a mudslinging war. Because when we do turn it into a war, we end up with both sides looking less than intelligent.

You are right, I'm sorry for my posts! :)

if it wasan,t for people asking questions on this forum there woulden,t be one its nice to get an idea from some one that has had the when i went to see mt consultent i couldent think of half of the things that ive learnt of off here

I think that is the purpose of this site is to get information from others who have walked the path before you...YES I asked questions of my doc...researched..etc.. but things come up that you cant think to ask at the time so you asked those who have tread the path before us...just my 2 cents

xo