Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Simply Thee Best Tip For Lapband Success (From A Guy Who Lost 265Lbs)

Great thread! I darted the journey to get my band after a major heart yo heart with my brother. He had been successfully banded 7 years prior. He said what he loved about the band saving his life was also that he no longer felt he was a slave to food. Even though he admits that he has to think more about and plan better for food! It is now that it is proactive thinking and planning instead of reacting yo emotions,hunger, etc.

Best of luck yo you

Awesome...kind of like my brother and I too !!!

Yes, I am another who has had to learn the hard way! Not only is the band the boss, but I need the help and support of my doctors and their team! I had surgery in December 2009 and was doing fairly well, until I went on vacation and didn't listen to my band nor follow bandster rules. I gained a few pounds and out of shame wouldn't go back to my doctor until I lost it. Well I never did! Actually gained 20lbs over the past 15 months! And I ended up with bad acid reflux which finally made me decide I really need to go back to the doctor. Turns out I stretched my pouch which has tilted my band! So I had to have all my Fluid removed and will have to suffer trying not to eat everything in sight on my own now for at least 5 weeksn when I go back to have my pouch and band checked! Lesson learned! I will bow down to the mighty band!!!

Yes, I am another who has had to learn the hard way! Not only is the band the boss, but I need the help and support of my doctors and their team! I had surgery in December 2009 and was doing fairly well, until I went on vacation and didn't listen to my band nor follow bandster rules. I gained a few pounds and out of shame wouldn't go back to my doctor until I lost it. Well I never did! Actually gained 20lbs over the past 15 months! And I ended up with bad acid reflux which finally made me decide I really need to go back to the doctor. Turns out I stretched my pouch which has tilted my band! So I had to have all my Fluid removed and will have to suffer trying not to eat everything in sight on my own now for at least 5 weeksn when I go back to have my pouch and band checked! Lesson learned! I will bow down to the mighty band!!!

Interesting story...Wow...this just confirms about the power of the ultmighty band. Seems like we are seeing a trend about how we should truely LET THE BAND BE THE BOSS.... if you want to eat more (because of head hunger or want more taste...and you know you have eaten your fair share already).....force yourself to eat some Soup which could satisfy that "taste need"....instead of forcing more food down our throats.

getting stuck/throwing up etc. doesn't happen to everyone. i have never had restriction/fill because my tubing was disconnected, so my band hasn't done a lot of talking. although it did slow me down during meals. interesting topic. i now look forward to hearing from my new band! =)

i have never had restriction/fill because my tubing was disconnected, so my band hasn't done a lot of talking.

Why was your tubing disconnected in the first place ? Just curious....

great question! fluke i guess.