Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help...i Dont Know How To Adapt...!!!:-/

Hi everyone... I was banded Friday... I went through VERY PAINFUL 2 days of recovery... This is my 3rd day of recovery and for some reason the pain seems to have lowered considerably but I'm being bugged by very uncomfortable sensation in my abdomen (I think my stomach)

Ui think I getting through the gas issue which was my main problem for 2days I had horrible back and shoulder pains... Than last night I felt a very bubbly sensation like if it was traveling down...!!! Very strange sensation that really sounded like my stuck grumbling...

Anyhow I woke up this morning happy this might be my last struggling day with gas and I had not taken any pain killers because the little pain left was bearable... Around noon I got hungry... I'm still following the CLEAR liquid diet so had a Popsicle for Breakfast and went for gelo at lunch. Half way through I had a sharp pain in my stomach and got nauseous so my husband gave me 2 painkillers and sone broth...

Since than I don't feel no pain but I still have that constant bubbly feeling around my stomach and abdomen I do not know what it is or mean... I feel at times it's just the gas and sometimes I feel I'm getting heartburns for eating so light and little...?!

Has anybody gotten those sensations?! What is it?! Should or could I eat SMTHG more consistent?! I'm dying to eat hard food or puree SMTHG in my mind tells me maybe it'll stop that rumbling and fill me...??!!:-/

Anyhow, for now I skipped to the full liquid diet and served myself a 4oz glass of skim milk... The heartburn seem to have disappeared but that rumbling bubbling feeling is still here!!!!

Is it gas?

Is it my lower bigger stomach upset and hungry!??

Is it my higher small stomach hungry??!!

I don't know what to do it's driving me insane and right now I can't imagine getting NY heartburn so my brain just wants go eat and eat but I try to stay calm and ignore the temptations... I know I'm too early at this stage to go crazy on food..!!:-/

Thank u again for any help or piece of advise u could give me!!!:-)

I'm assuming you have your gasX strips to help with the gas. My stomach rumbles and makes lots of noises too. Be sure you're getting enough Protein 60-100+ grams per day. Walking will help the gas too. Good luck!

Thank you ladybug...!!:-) I didn't have gasX until 10min ago my husband went to get some...

I haven't gotten Any Protein yet for a week now I think... I wasn't sure how to do my pre-op liquid diet so I just drank smoothies with natural fruits and ice blanded... The day before surgery my nurse told me to est gelo and broth and that's all... I'm going to try to start the full liquid diet tomorrow... I don't want to go too fast and burn stages...

For some reason a lot of ppl said the lapband makes u constipated and not easy to go to the bathroom but yet...although I didn't go since Friday... It just caught me by surprised and it surely was the opposite of hard...;-/ is it normal??!!!!!

My stomach just stopped rumbling after this bathroom episode and I took a gasX tablet right after... I'm stable now but I'm still having a very hard time trying to listen to my body, it's new noices and truing to understand then...!!!!:-/

Also I'm scarred getting on protein tomorrow will mJd me stop loosing lbs or even MAKE me gain...!!!:-/ which one would u advise I take??!!

Thanks ;-)

I'm surprised your doctor didn't tell you about the Protein. You want to be sure to get that, for one thing you don't want your hair falling out, but it really helps with the hunger. I drink a lot of Atkins ready to drink, and I also have Body Fortress powder from Walmart to mix my own. The broth I drank was from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com, mixes well and tastes yummy and 20gram of Protein per cup! Right now you're in the healing stage so don't worry or focus too much on the weight loss. My doctor also allowed greek yogurt, runny cream of wheat, and surgar free pudding. Remember work to get a minmum of 60 gram and aim for 100 gr of protein a day.

Everyone is so different but I found that where I use to go daily I now only go every other day. There's just not enough food going through our system like before. Your system will adjust before long, Enjoy not being constipated! lol. If I haven't gone by the end of the second day I take a teaspon of MOM. Hang in there....enjoy the journey and good luck to you! Deb

All sounds normal. Just stick to the dietary guidelines given to you and these tough days will soon be history.

PS You need your protein!

My first 7 days were Clear liquids plus Protein shakes (yes those are'nt clear). Do not eat solid food! That is head hunger talking. If you think you are uncomfortable now eating solids would make you 100 times worse! Try stock instead of broth (I added Mrs. Dash non salt flavoring before heating), strained canned Soup, strained chinese Soup is good as well.

Have the "soup" wait a while and have a Protein shake. This will help with the head hunger. You won't feel like its so long between meals. Many people report that walking helps with the gas.

I only took liquid tylenol (store brands are fine). If you are on a perscription medication that could be affecting your intestines etc. (it takes a couple days for the anastesia (sp) to leave your system as well which messes you up).

You sound just like me post-op! i had a "tool" I had no idea how to use....I was banded on 4/27 and still think I am going a little insane trying to cope. Sometimes I just want to eat and other times I can't even think of it. Back hurt all day...ugh. My stomach grumbles too...strange feeling. Hang in there and thats good ur hubby is helping out...

Try drinking peppermint tea as well, this will help with the gas. When I was still in the first few days post-op, I found that some foods (JELLO) made me nauesous... I'm not sure why but would not chance trying them again until I felt better. I drank premier nutrition Protein Shakes and Soups per Dr's orders.