Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Todays Surgery May 4Th

Lose_it
Sign in to follow this  

Good Afternoon I had my surgery this morning around 9a. It was a little scary at first because I thought am I doing the right thing? But I think those feelings just came from nerves of the surgery because as soon as it was over I was fine and happy I did it! I woke up with very little pain from the surgery ( pain meds they had me on I figure). They had me taking sips of Water out of a little medicine cups about every fifteen minutes and which made my throat feel so good. The doctor came in and told my husband to make me take it easy but to get up and walk around from time to time to avoid blood clots. Adam (my husband) said its going to be hard to make her take it easy) but I am. I did take a good nap and I feel even better! I'm still sipping water for the rest of the day then tomorrow I am on Clear Liquids. Right now I have to say the nerves of the surgery were the worst part! My total day at the hospital was about 5 hours. Not bad at all for a tool to help me change my life for the better!

Congrats

Congradulations lose it

Thank you!! Feeling pretty good day two! But I need to realize I need to take it easy. Like the doctor said. I had to change a bandage today because I have over done it and one of my incisions bleed through. So I'm getting up from time to time but resting most of the time. I ate my first bowl of broth today also and took it slow I seemed to hold it down just fine. But has anyone else noticed they have been burping a lot! I can feel when I have to burp then i have just a little pain in my chest and I feel it come up and I feel so much better after but not very attractive lol.

@lose it! You are to take it easy and not over do it, so no more over doing it. How much broth were you able to eat and Were you nervous thinking you might take to much at one time?

@eyewinder I promise no more over doing it I learned my lesson. I was able to eat a 10oz can of just broth just small amounts and I didn't rush it since it was my first Soup it went pretty well.

Girl, relax and let yourself heal. There will be plenty of time to be Superwoman after that. LOL! I am so happy that you are doing well. Have you had much gas pain? And this is probably a dumb question but... when they say walk once you get home, do they mean go for a walk outside, or just get up and do a few laps around the house? Do you find that you have an appetite like you did on the pre surgery liquids? I dread being starving for the 7+ days I have to be on liquids AFTER surgery as I was before surgery.

It's reassuring to hear that you had nerves too. I am a worrier and I don't know if the reality of being on an operating table has hit me yet.

The hardest part is the relaxing for me! But quickly learne my lesson. I have been burping a lot but not a whole lot of gas pain in my shoulde. But I have also been Laying on a heating pad

Thank you! The hardest part is relaxing but I have quickly learned my lesson! Lol. I really have not had any gas pain a lot of burping though. I can kind of feel a gurgle and then an air bubble come up and burp. I'm use to at home just belting them out (not very lady like I know) but even when we are out in public it just comes. I think it has helped the gas pain to get up and move and to have my back on a heating pad. This morning a had a little pain in my shoulder I got up and moved around a bit then sat on heating pad and it went away. nothing too bad.

The walking is suppose to be just to the bathroom and back to couch I pushed it too much. The next day a little more So please don't over do it it was not smart on my part.

My eating I pay attention to because in afraid of getting sick. My diet is full liquids for 2 weeks yesterday I had a can of broth for lunch and it went fine. Then I tried broth for dinner and I could only eat half a can so I didn't push it. I always Carry a drink with me with a straw so I don't gulp it down and that seems to be working to get all my liquids in.

I still wouldn't change my mind about doing it and glad I didn't back out. I am a little sore from surgery but nothing not manageable. When is your surgery coming?

@ loseit! I'm surprise you didn't complain of the broth in a can. I can't handle can broth. I've tried the chicken bouillon cubes and they are much better, was just trying a cup out ahead of time. I'm so glad I did because I would have stocked up on can broth. Then again it's about personal preferences. By the way I was told not to drink out of a straw, so check on that. But of course you like doing things your way . LOL

@daisychains7 Count down time, how are you doing with your liquid diet?

About being worried on the surgery table, it's normal but just do what you already know to do Pray. For me I Pray and always say in Jesus name. Most of all we all including myself, have to remind ourselves and believe and have Faith to give it to God. Like the saying goes

Let Go and Let God

@Lose_it LOL, burping! I'm glad the gas pains haven't been an issue. I'll have to add a heating pad to my shopping list. Definitely going to take it slow with walking. Do you feel full at all, or just like the liquid goes through you? Also - how do you know when to stop "eating"? People say fullness feels different when you have the band. I have never paid attention to if I was hungry or full.. I would just eat eat eat. So this is new to me. My surgery is on Tuesday.. ahh!

@eyewonder I am still hungry all the time. It's weird -- even before I started this process, I never obsessed over food the way I have on this liquid diet. It is all I think about. Seeing commercials and restaurants makes me sad. I think once I get past the surgery and can eat again, I'll be in a better place mentally. You are right... prayer is keyl. I know that is ALL I will be doing at the hospital, and am bringing my bible.

Thank you! The hardest part is relaxing but I have quickly learned my lesson! Lol. I really have not had any gas pain a lot of burping though. I can kind of feel a gurgle and then an air bubble come up and burp. I'm use to at home just belting them out (not very lady like I know) but even when we are out in public it just comes. I think it has helped the gas pain to get up and move and to have my back on a heating pad. This morning a had a little pain in my shoulder I got up and moved around a bit then sat on heating pad and it went away. nothing too bad.

The walking is suppose to be just to the bathroom and back to couch I pushed it too much. The next day a little more So please don't over do it it was not smart on my part.

My eating I pay attention to because in afraid of getting sick. My diet is full liquids for 2 weeks yesterday I had a can of broth for lunch and it went fine. Then I tried broth for dinner and I could only eat half a can so I didn't push it. I always Carry a drink with me with a straw so I don't gulp it down and that seems to be working to get all my liquids in.

I still wouldn't change my mind about doing it and glad I didn't back out. I am a little sore from surgery but nothing not manageable. When is your surgery coming?

Lose-it I was also told no straws are to be used. I think you need to check with your doctor on this. Before surgery I always had a glass with a straw in my hand and was told no more. Could be why you are burping so much. I have terrible heart burn and I was told that drinking from a straw puts to much air in the stomach,

I will double check with him tomorrow and see about straw