Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Story.

I had a successful lap-band implant in 2002. I lost my weight to my personal goal of 155 pounds which was comfortable for me. In 2011 I was given medication by a physician for a problem with my foot. It caused damage to my stomach which resulted in my band being opened. I gained 47 pounds. Last week I had my band adjusted, since it was totally open and I had a history of problems they only put a small amount of Fluid back. I can schedule another adjustment in five weeks. However, I weighted this morning and have lost 5.3 pounds in one week without experiencing any problems. I will weigh myself again next week and keep a running total here.

Hey so excited to find someone like me...... I was baned in 2005 I did good the first yr I ost 55lbs. Then I got in a car wreck and they had to unfill my band. It took me a while to get better and then I was too scared to go back. I only went back one time to get a fill. I'm not to full... LOL was doing ok but last year I broke my ankle and I gained almost all my lbs back. I have beeen working on myself and I'm ready to get filled back up. I go to the Dr on May 29th. It would be so nice to be your friend. I read all these newbies post and remeber when.LOL. I am glad to be back though because so many of us get to goal and forget where we came from. It has been nice to advise some of the young ones.

your banded friend

Amy :)

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, is it a train? LOL I wish I were filled back up. I have to wait another few weeks to go back for additional fluids. I gained weight yesterday,so this morning I thought what the heck and ate what I wanted for Breakfast, bread, eggs, coffee. Then I lost it! LOL This time is harder than the original but there's nothing else that works like Lap-Band. Linda

I wonder why sometimes our bands are tight and other times they are not. The other day it was tight I could only eat three bite. today I could eat a elephant not that I'm that hungery just there isn't any restiction. I don't get it. I'm hoping that my fill will give me some consistancy.

It depends upon the density of the food you are trying to eat and how well you chew. bread seems to be one of the hardest things to eat. Also, you should not drink while eating...that is drink Water, coffee or tea. I gained weight Saturday....a whole lot of weight. Don't know why, So I decided that I would eat everything I wanted yesterday. Of course, I tried bread again and ended up losing it. This morning I had lost again!!! I lost all that I had gained. Don't know why. I think, and this is just me, I think the more I concentrate on what I'm eating try to limit myself, the more I will gain. And that if I just show some judgement and not try bread or drinking with my meal I will lose. If I stop when I feel full and not push it.

Yeah I can't really eat bread either. And of course It is my most favorite thing in the world. I have been pretty good about the bread thing latlely. Last week I was at a F.F.A. activity that I ended up being there all day SO I had a hamburger out of despration. lol it took me all day to eat it. I was just thinking how crazy radical I have had to change my thinking about food. Like eating three meals a day, cleaning your plate, 2nds anyone? Now it is not ok for 2nds, I 'm not suppose to clean my plate, and I make one meal and snack on it all day. Then I just read the new book that is out called lose the wheat lose the weight. now I'm not suppose to eat wheat or whole grains. which kinda makes cents cuz that what we feed our cows when we want them to gain weight.

I am band over bypass. I have had the band since 2009 and I had the bypass in 2004. In response to the question about why our bands are more open at some times that others: i have found that mine is very sensitive to stress. When i am very upset or stressed out I can barely swallow my own saliva. other times,I can eat fairly normally ( in small amounts, keeping in mind, i am also a bypass patient). I recently spoke with my surgeon about this and she validated that it is a well known phenomenon. It kind of makes me laugh because i could never understand people who said they couldn't eat when they were upse,. when I was upset- all I wanted to do was EAT!!!!!. Now I think I get it. The challenge I am now facing is - how to continue losing weight when life gets better ( I lost a lot of weight while my father was dying of cancer and i was only marginally employed).

Deb