Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ive only been banded 9 days am sad to say its not been the best 9 days of my life but i started to feel better was doing real good with purees and all of a sudden today feels like im back at day 1,anyone have that happen? is it always gna b this wishy-washy? 1 day good next feel terrible? the nausea today is kickin my butt bigtime? ideas?

Sounds to me like you doctor progresses to soon food wise. On day 9 I was on full liquids (days 8-15 actually). I did not get to smooth mushies until day 16. Perhaps you need to wait for mushies for a few days.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but boring food is better than feeling stuck.

idt its feelin stuck because all ive had today is Water and a lil bit of yogurt

hang in there it gets better, did not feel right until about 6 weeks post-op now im great. I had nausea meds that I took when needed. I felt the same way but it did get better. Good luck and welcome to the other side. Remember everyone is different, you are not alone.

Did the Dr put Fluid in your band? I also would get feeling nauseous a couple times in the first couple weeks. I think it had something to do with the gas and eating. It does get better, just hang in there!

ive only been banded 9 days am sad to say its not been the best 9 days of my life but i started to feel better was doing real good with purees and all of a sudden today feels like im back at day 1,anyone have that happen? is it always gna b this wishy-washy? 1 day good next feel terrible? the nausea today is kickin my butt bigtime? ideas?

What I have discovered (don't ask me how I know this...) is that this far post op, nausea may be a symptom of dehydration. You really need to start drinking your fluids, even if you don't feel like it. If you don't have a prescription for nausea, call your surgeon's office to ask for one.

The first few weeks are a time of healing and adjustment, so I would say that if you are following your diet as advised to by your surgeon, every day should be a little better. But, each of us is an individual, to no two of us will have identical experiences.

Another consideration is that with being banded, we go through a series of hormonal adjustments as well as psychological adjustments. These adjustments can cause mood swings, which can also impact the way you are feeling in general.

I'm a bit longer than 2 months post op now, and I am feeling great! I hope you will feel much better fast...

You will get better! I don't think you're progressing too fast on eating as long as you're following YOUR doctor's orders. Every doctor is different. Mine only had me on two days liquids, two days mushies, and then eat as tolerated. Each doctor has their own ways of securing the band, and apparently mine does it extra secure!

I had no trouble with nausea right after the surgery. I'm three months post op, with three fills, and I feel like I'm in the green zone. However, if I overeat or eat too fast, then I'll get hit by a wave of nausea, but it's completely my fault for not following the band rules!!

For me it was 14 days.it will level out ur body is recovering from surgery and SHOCK u will be fine !! Good luck !

ty ladies, i love the support i get here. tmr i go see my lapband dr so ill make sure and let em know.... :)