Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members Being Banded In March 06

I am leaving tonight for Mexico, my surgery date is Friday the 31st. I hope all goes well, I am more than a little nervous and I'd appreciate positive thoughts. My sister is coming with me but she has to leave Saturday. Hoping I could get through the clear liquid stage. What kind of liquids has helped everyone else get through that first week I wonder? I love this site, I've learned so much, lurking, but now I am officially posting. I hope everyone's March surgery is a rousing success!

Hey GOOD LUCK!!

I was banded last Tuesday and have lost 14 pounds already!! :)

You will be very surprised as to how full you get on a little bit of Fluid right after surgery. It will not be a difficult as it sounds. I mainly did strained Soups and broth. Protein drinks mixed with Water (water consistency is best in my opition for the 1st week) I added unflavored portien to my crystal light to ensure I got in as much Protein as I could. For me it was not until day 4 or 5 that I could drink up to 64 oz a day.

So excited for you.:clap2: :clap2: You will do great!!!:gluck:

:)

Thanks for your response you made me feel a lot better about that stage. Congrats on your 14 lbs! Wooohooo! Way to go!

I was banded on March 3 and doing very well so far. In 3 weeks, I've lost 14 pounds. I have my first fill next week. I've progressed to soft solids and have found that I get full easily. At times when I get full, I have a feeling of tightness in my chest area. I have found that if I eat slower, this doesn't happen. The hardest thing has been to eat very slowly. I will update you after my first fill.

Got mine today!!! Yay! Congrats and good luck to the rest of you getting yours at the end of this month still!

Grr. My doc makes me wait 6 weeks MINIMUM! I'm scheduled for my first fill April 20th. I'm already eating soft foods and about a cup. I've gained 2 lbs. :)

Kristin

I am very excited at this point. I had my surgery on March 3. I made it through the pre-op, liquid diet, etc. Once the surgery was done, I was back to work within the week, and now I'm feeling great. The liquid and mushies was hard for me. I hate to "drink" a meal. I need that feeling of something to chew on. Now Im finally moving to solids and loving it. I go for my first fill next week, so I'll update you then. I'm a little nervous about it, but hoping all goes well. So far, I've lost about 16 pounds.

:kiss2:

TX Country Girl

Banded 3/3/06

Dr. Hahn

Long time browser, first time poster. I was officially banded Monday by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana. I'm still a little sore but that didn't stop me from shopping like crazy on Tuesday, traveling home for most of the day Wednesday and going to costco for liquid Vitamins and a scale today.

I'm a little hungry though. Certainly wish I could have had some of that wonderful smelling Mexican food. I'm reserving that privledge for my first fill appointment.

One week out today! 19lbs, only 100 more to go! Doing well, feeling good, feeling kinda hungry, not sipping enough!

I was banded on Tuesday by Dr. Barba at St. Francis Hospital. Biggest issue is the shoulder pain from the gas introduced during surgery. I know the best way to get it to absorb is to keep moving around, so I'm fighting the urge to curl up under the comforter and take another nap. Another little walk would be better. I haven't had any gastrointestinal gas...yet.

Ellen

Hi Everybody!

Went to first doctor appt. (1 week post-op), and he says I'm doing Great!!! Lost 9 1/2 pounds without even trying. Have had my stepdaughter and family in all week, and have had to cook and even go out to eat with them twice, but only drank liquids. It was very easy though due to not being "starving" when I went. A little tough today, because I had to prepare two large briskets for the BBQ pit, for a BBQ with the family this evening, and I accidentally threw a tiny piece of brisket in my mouth!!!( only chewed it for the flavor though, and tossed in the trash!! ) I am looking forward to trying mushy food next week!!! Thanks for all of your support!!!!

I was banded yesterday morning by Dr. Ortiz. Overall, it has been okay, except the gassy pains here and there in my body as well as dealing with the fact that you need to burp but it doesn't go anywere, that is the most frustrating feeling. My scars seem tiny already and the wounds don't hurt that much. Just really tired and like the last poster I am trying to resist the urge to crawl up in a ball and sleep it all off.

I am so excited, but I don't know what to expect, I feel like Alice and Wonderland. Of course I know what's possible, because I overload on information, but I just don't know what to expect out of my body. My sis being with me was a big help, but she left tonight so here's a shout out to all my fellow bandsters, its like no other experience in the world.

A note to those considering Dr. Otriz, his new facility is gorgeous. Very clean new and comfortable, that helped with my experience.:eek: :eek:

I was banded March 1st. I'm now 4.5 wks post-op and have lost 30lbs. I live in Arizona but was banded in Germany.

I was banded March 14th...doing great, have lost 10 lbs and I haven't even started exercising. I'm eating regular food, but in much smaller quantities. I even had pizza last night...one slice of a supreme...I usually ate half a large. Actually I only ate half of the piece with the crust and just the toppings off the other half.

I haven't lost any weight this week, but I haven't gained either. My first fill is April 10th.

Hi All, I was banded on MArch 27th and am looking to network with a few people at the stages I am going through! Good luck to all...I go for my 10 day post op today!