Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amazing Journey

Sign in to follow this  

Hi all my friends

This time tomorrow i will be on the other side joining many of you on the banded side. So started last night reflecting on this journey. I have thought of doing this for a few years and tried at my old job but it was no way they was covering anything. Then something happened to make me change jobs (a change i prayed about) and with in a month and half of my switching jobs i was on my way to being banded and had my seminar. At seminar i was disappointed to learn i had a 6 mos wait and had to use carewise during that 6 mos. This in fact ended up being another good thing. It let me soul search as well as learn alot to the point that i feel prepared. I had been super worried for weeks bout the week preop diet. Again alot of prayers and it has been a breeze. I have not felt hungry and it did not even bother me when my family scoffed down pizza in front of me while i chewed on my carrots. I cant say i never desired anything they had to eat but that desire passed with in mins. Same thing at work. Smelling the food was like mmm then it would pass. I am so ready for this change.

People keep asking me "arent you scared" and i tell them no, cause for some reason i am not. Yesterday even had a coworker point out a patient with a colostomy and say "doesnt that frighten you" I told her no cause i am going for lapband not a colostomy.

Yes this has been an amazing journey that i relize that i have just really started. I want to thank each of you cause you along the way give me guidence, knowledge, encouragment and most of all support. We are ALL going to make it and we are all going to be better people both health and our emotional beings!!!!

Best of Luck tomorrow- you have been a great inspiration. Sounds like mentally you are good to go so I have no doubt this will be the first step to a successful weightloss journey.

Deb I'm so excited for you! Wish I was there to give you a big hug in person but this will have to do.

((((((((((((((((((((((Deb)))))))))))))))))

Your going to do great. Keep us posted.

BTW, LOVE your new profile pic.

j~

Ty Anissa,

Ty Julz that pic is special as I took it in my car with my cell phone while waiting to go into the seminar that started this whole journey... Funny i was much more scared that day then i am today... Thats what support and information will do for you :)

Deb, I am so happy for you! Wish I was having surgery tomorrow, too.

Like Julie, I love your new photo!

Please send us an update as soon as you feel like it.

Best wishes! You'll be in my prayers.

Deb, good luck and we will talk to you on the banded side. Hugs

Best of luck to you Deb. I enjoy reading your posts!

Deb, hoping you are just as calm as you were yesterday at this time. Your attitude is inspiring. You'll do great!

Sue

I actually did stay pretty calm. I did say prayers before i went but would done that for any sugery. I am now home. Sore, a little neausated feeling, some pain left shoulder but other then that i am doing good.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Remember, the first month is for healing so don't over do it.

Welcome to the band-side :D

Congrats Deb! So glad you posted today. I've been thinking about you all day.

Make sure to be kind to yourself and not expect too much. Rest, relax, and heal.

:D

I am back to feeling neausated and cant seem to get enough fluids down due to feeling sick. I have worked on the same bottle of gatoraid light all day and only got like half of it done. Took some phengren but feel yucky and got a headache. I hope this part of it passes soon