Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions For Liquid Diet??

While I only have to do full liquid diet the day before my surgery (which is May 16th), I want to get used to if for preparation AFTER surgery (4 weeks liquid diet). I currently drink Special K Protein Shakes, any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I recommend:

Isopure - alpine punch

Oh Yeah - chocolate

Pure Protein - chocolate

Muscle Milk Light - Caffe Latte

You should be able to find all those at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. They taste pretty good.

I recommend:

Isopure - alpine punch

Oh Yeah - chocolate

Pure Protein - chocolate

Muscle Milk Light - Caffe Latte

You should be able to find all those at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. They taste pretty good.

THANK YOU! The Isopure is a "protein juice"?

THANK YOU! The Isopure is a "protein juice"?

Yes.. It's like a thicker gatorade as opposed to a creamy consistency. Nice way to mix it up if you get sick of shakes!

While I only have to do full liquid diet the day before my surgery (which is May 16th), I want to get used to if for preparation AFTER surgery (4 weeks liquid diet). I currently drink Special K Protein shakes, any other suggestions?

I don't have to do a liquid diet, but I am practicing as well and have been trying different ones for months now. I like to make my own using unflavored protien, milk and fruit, which you can do on the liquid phase. I also use GNC total lean shakes. They are low in carbs and sugar but high in protien...25 grams per bottle. Also GNC has a Muscle Meal, chocolate that I love. Good Luck! By the way, Special K are good,but I think high in sugar?? So be careful

Yes.. It's like a thicker gatorade as opposed to a creamy consistency. Nice way to mix it up if you get sick of shakes!

Ok, sounds good!

I don't have to do a liquid diet' date=' but I am practicing as well and have been trying different ones for months now. I like to make my own using unflavored protien, milk and fruit, which you can do on the liquid phase. I also use GNC total lean shakes. They are low in carbs and sugar but high in protien...25 grams per bottle. Also GNC has a Muscle Meal, chocolate that I love. Good Luck! By the way, Special K are good,but I think high in sugar?? So be careful[/quote']

THAT'S WHY THEY ARE SO GOOD! 18g OF SUGAR.. :-(. THAT'S GREAT YOU ARE STILL EXPERIMENTING EVEN THO YOU DON'T NEED TO! IM SO CONCERNED WITH THE DIFFERENT Protein shake BRANDS, I HAVE HUGE CONSISTENCY ISSUES... SPECIAL K IS THE ONLY ONE THU FAR I CAN TOLERATE.

Im glad you posted this topic because I was wondering myself. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I have to do it for two weeks. Good luck ladies

Im glad you posted this topic because I was wondering myself. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I have to do it for two weeks. Good luck ladies

I KNOW POST SURGERY: Water, CLEAR broth, sugar free Jello, ECT. THEN GRADUALLY ADDING SUBSTANCE: APPLE SAUCE, MASHED POTATOES

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THE PRE-DIET CONSISTED OF... Sheesh! :-D

I also use the GNC total Protein. It has 25 g of protein and only 6 carbs. It taste really good too. I especially like the vanilla bean. I found that the muscle milk light had a bad after taste. My doc says that as long as I can put it in a blender, I can have it. I've been buying campbell Soups and blending them for dinner. It's better than just broth.I like the chicken noodle ones. Good luck!

I also use the GNC total Protein. It has 25 g of Protein and only 6 carbs. It taste really good too. I especially like the vanilla bean. I found that the muscle milk light had a bad after taste. My doc says that as long as I can put it in a blender' date=' I can have it. I've been buying campbell Soups and blending them for dinner. It's better than just broth.I like the chicken noodle ones. Good luck![/quote']

THE BLENDED Soup IDEA IS A GREAT ONE! Thanks !!!

I KNOW POST SURGERY: Water, CLEAR broth, sugar free Jello, ECT. THEN GRADUALLY ADDING SUBSTANCE: APPLE SAUCE, MASHED POTATOES

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THE PRE-DIET CONSISTED OF... Sheesh! :-D

yes. A total of 4 weeks of liquids for me... all that you stated.

I also use the GNC total Protein. It has 25 g of Protein and only 6 carbs. It taste really good too. I especially like the vanilla bean. I found that the muscle milk light had a bad after taste. My doc says that as long as I can put it in a blender, I can have it. I've been buying campbell Soups and blending them for dinner. It's better than just broth.I like the chicken noodle ones. Good luck!

very good idea. I wonder if I can get away with that. Every idea helps. Keep sharing

yes. A total of 4 weeks of liquids for me... all that you stated.

GOTCHA. YOUR SURGERY IS THE DAY BEFORE MINE, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! THE GAS PAINS I KEEP HEARING ABOUT, SCARE ME A BIT....

GOTCHA. YOUR SURGERY IS THE DAY BEFORE MINE, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! THE GAS PAINS I KEEP HEARING ABOUT, SCARE ME A BIT....

I definitely plan to share :) The gas pains scare me also :unsure: Just get some gas x or something that will work for you. looking forward to your updates. the day will be here before you know it