Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm now 4 weeks post and am on normal foods . I was wondering if salad causes any probs for anyone! Really enjoy a salad for lunch at work and thought I don't even know if I'm allowed to eat it!! Lol .

My dr said to wait 3 months. I had one after 2 months and have never had a problem with them. I do now prefer the spring mix types, they seem to go down easier.

Depends what your salad consists of.Celery can cause problems and some people have issues with lettuce leaves. Also if you want raw carrot I suggest you grate it as big chunks are a major cause of stuck episodes.

The main thing is to make sure your salad is a salad in the original definition of the word - a mix of veggies and leaves with maybe a small amount of Protein. Too often I hear people talking about a salad when what they are actually eating is a mix of meat, cheese, croutons,high fat dressing and possibly a few token leaves for luck!

Oh no I mean lettuce , cuecumbers ( skin removed) tomatoes chesse and a lot fat dressing! No way a fatty salad what would be the point ! Just want to make sure I will be ok to eat one! My diatician was ment to call me Friday ..... Didn't get a call so I'm unsure on do's and donts!!! :)

I love my salads but make sure that everything is cut up really small, if i have celery its cut into wafer thin slices, same as lettuce and peppers dont eat carrots so cant say about them .. just invest in an extremely sharp knife and cut cut cut :)

I could eat salads 365 days a year, I just cant have the carrots and also get the spring mix.

I do ok with the carrots that you buy bagged and shredded. I don't add a ton though.

I could eat Salads every day. Or I should say before surgery.. I had my first salad last week and it wasn't as good as I remembered or thought it would be.. Is that strange?

I could eat Salads every day. Or I should say before surgery.. I had my first salad last week and it wasn't as good as I remembered or thought it would be.. Is that strange?

I thought the same thing when I had a flour tortilla a few weeks back! I will stick to taco salads instead of soft tacos at home!

I'm now 4 weeks post and am on normal foods . I was wondering if salad causes any probs for anyone! Really enjoy a salad for lunch at work and thought I don't even know if I'm allowed to eat it!! Lol .

Im six weeks post op and i had a little salad on saturday night. it wasnt easy for me to eat. i only had a little.

HOnestly, im wondering if i need a fill on the 7th may?? or is my problem just about the right amount of chewing and the right sized bites.?? i do feel hungry. im having about a cup of food now each main meal and sometimes a little bite or two inbetween. what you do all reckon?? .. is my issue not chewing enough or dont i need a fill?? its a bit hard for me to choose right now.

i know that i will have to talk with the dr about it all. i dont want to get mixed up between the two issues.. after all i am getting hungry.

I love salads and eat them often. I chew and chew like everything else and have no trouble. love carrots and celery sticks( small ones).

I try to always roast a turkey breast and add it to the salad.

be sure to add Protein, always think protein with each meal.

I eat a salad at least once a week. I chop up a boiled egg in it with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese and bacon bits. I use a little blue cheese sparingly. It is so yummy. I have such probs with Constipation but I have a lettuce intolerance so it clears everything out (sorry tmi). I love my salads!!

Im 7 wks post op and I can eat lettuce as long as its cut up very very very small.

I eat salads occasionally. I seem to get iceberg down easier than romaine. I'll still eat romaine when I dont have iceberg. I do have to chew a lot more though. Sometimes I chew to the point where my jaw gets sore. Am I the only one that happens to?

I eat a salad at least once a week. I chop up a boiled egg in it with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese and bacon bits. I use a little blue cheese sparingly. It is so yummy. I have such probs with Constipation but I have a lettuce intolerance so it clears everything out (sorry tmi). I love my salads!!

i love salads too.. ive just got my first crop of mature dill growing... and as well, ive got italian parsley and rocket... i add these to iceberg and its wonderful. but, im having problems yet with salad. its early days for me. we cant buy fresh lettuce here so im trying to supplement as much as possible with additives as ive just said. its working. ive also planted ''greek lettuce'' which is more hardy. it has a peppery taste and will grow through winter as well. im hoping that will be a tasty additive to our salads this year. we are just going into winter now.