Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else feel something move when they get out of bed? I'm not sure if this is normal, but when I get out of bed, I can literally feel something shift around the area of my large incision. Not sure of what it might be.

I'm 3 days post op and I'm so glad you posted this question. Cant wait to see the other answers. Especially those that are a few weeks post op. I have the same feeling and I worry that my port is going to bust or I'll pop my muscle or something as weird as it sounds. The pain does get better everyday. I'm only using pain meds midday and before bedtime now. I just want to be "all better" for some reason I didn't think recovery from this surgery would be this rough :/

but on the positive side everyday we'll get stronger as the days go by and were on our way to healthy weights. Whoop whoop The best is yet to come :) good luck hun!!

I agree. Each day I do feel a little bit more normal. But this is just a strange feeling. I also didn't think recovery would be this lengthy.

Are we the only ones experiencing this?

I'm seven days post op and I didn't feel anything like that.

It's your port. It's not unusual and as soon as you get used to feeling it you will not even notice it. :-)

weight.png

Really? That kind of freaks me out,Iike my port is loose or something for it to shift when I get out of bed. Isn't that kind of dangerous?

If your concerned about it actually moving then call your surgeon. They may need to look at it and feel it. Otherwise, it could just be that your not used to a foreign object in there. Good luck!!!

weight.png

Also, something to think about, most ports are stitched to a muscle. You mentioned it only "moves" when you get out of bed. Think about how many muscles you are using to make that movement. You would be surprised. So now that you have a foreign object stitched to it, you can feel the movement under the skin as it slides with the muscle. Next time you get up from a lying position place you hand over the port... If the port doesn't "jiggle" for lack of a better word, but moved with the movement of muscle it is probably fine but make sure to talk to your surgeon about it to make sure it hasn't flipped. Good luc on your recovery!

weight.png