Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fish Suggestions??

So i am officially a Pescatarian. Totally out of neccessity. I have been banded for 7 months with 1 month at restriction an i can not eat any meat what so ever. Its weird fish an seafood are fine though so i could use some easy fish recipes or seasonings please. Thank you

So i am officially a Pescatarian. Totally out of neccessity. I have been banded for 7 months with 1 month at restriction an i can not eat any meat what so ever. Its weird fish an seafood are fine though so i could use some easy fish recipes or seasonings please. Thank you

whats happened??...

You poor soul!! The only way me and fish come together is if it is breaded and deep fried....guess those days are gone.--haha

IDK its the weirdest thing regardless of how moist, small,and chewed up something is it gets stuck!!! Only fish and seafood i can eat an not get stuck.

I remember i think B52 on here mentioned something similar too this too. But IDK if he had a reason for it though.

IDK its the weirdest thing regardless of how moist, small,and chewed up something is it gets stuck!!! Only fish and seafood i can eat an not get stuck.

I remember i think B52 on here mentioned something similar too this too. But IDK if he had a reason for it though.

My husband made me some grilled catfish the other night and it turned out really good. He put limon juice and limon pepper on it and put it into tin foil and put it on the grill till the catfish turned white and flaky.

Pinterest has tons of good recipes- go poke around there. I also love epicurious. Our hands- down favorite fish recipe around here is baked cod with a cracker topping. It is, however, not light. During my pre-op diet, I made it for my family for lent, and made some for me with light butter and only a few crackers, and it was still great! Melt a little butter in a pan, sauté some minced onion until it's soft. Mix into a few (I did five for a four ounce piece) crushed ritz cracker, a little parsley and thyme, and a little more melted butter and top the fix with the crumbs. Bake until the fish is opaque- I often cook it at 425 for 10-15 min, but 350 might be safer.

weight at start of pre surgery diet - 304/current weight 280/surgery 4/10, Follow up 5/1

I cant eat meat either i have pretty much become a vegetarian. I eat tofu and fish. I like swai fish because its meaty. I buy the zatarans fish fry and coat it and bake it in the oven. It has a good taste to it and a bit of spicy. I dont miss meat. It was just too hard to eat so I gave it up. Of course thus becoming totally B-12 deficient since you get most of it from animal Proteins but i get shots weekly.

I also cook what is called escavitch fish its Island fish. bread your fish with bread crumbs I use italian style Bake until crisp. On the stove top saute in cooking spray onions, green peppers, carrot sticks add a little butter and some vinegar and top the fish. It is really good that way. Or since olive oil is good fat once in a while I will fry it but not too often.

This lemon sole recipe is super easy -- http://ooh.vg/Ji2uO4

My easiest regular dish is salmon... I get filets about 1-2 inches wide, drizzle with a little olive oil, salt & pepper, some sliced raw onions and garlic on top (tastes fine without the onion and garlic, too) and then bake it uncovered for about 15 minutes... Sometimes I do it in the toaster oven on tin foil if it's only 1 or 2 filets...

I also do a stove-top tilapia on a regular basis and my 4yo daughter really likes it... I call it "sauce fish"... Use a big sautee pan... Saute 3 minced cloves of garlic in some olive oil until golden, add a chopped onion until soft, then add 1/2c dry vermouth and cook until half the liquid has cooked off. Then add 1 big can (28oz?) of diced tomatoes and let that simmer for 5 mins... Then put in the tilapia filets so they're not overlapping each other and spoon the sauce over them so they're covered... Cover the pan and let that cook about 5-10 mins until the fish is done (when it's flakey and breaks apart easily)... You can either serve the filets as filets with the sauce, or break up all the filets and mix them with the tomatoes and call it fish stew... Oh, and add some salt and pepper... I don't like salt very much, but you probably need some...

Oh, and when I was a kid my mom used to just lightly coat some filets of sole with flour and cook them stovetop in a little olive oil. Totally simple, but yummy.

Thanks everyone. Im going shopping now so i can get my supplies.