Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This morning I had a somewhat strange occurance and wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues. On my way to work I got really dizzy like the road was totally moving. It was bad enough that I got off the road and tried to calm down in a close parking lot. My 5 year old not in the car left a 1/2 part of her Cookies n cream poptart, that I decided to eat incase my blood sugar was low. I'm 10 days post op. I'm on pureed foods, taking in about 600-700 calories on average. Very low carb; high Protein. And drinking my Water between 5-8 cups a day. That's not including any shakes or broth I might have.

Also my contacts are driving me nuts! They are brand new and I feel like they are clouding up, almost drying out. Could this be because of all the water weight I lost?

Just having some weird issues and wondering if anyone can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Lisa

I've had very dry eyes too since the surgery. I got banded on apr 13. I'mdrinking a lot of Water though but i'm concerned about the dry eyes too

I bought some eye drops going to see if that helps.

The dizzyness sounds alot to me like low blood sugar. I've had a few of those spells...definitely scary for me. I would sip on some orange juice if it happened again. Since you are 10 days op, I'd recommend finding something to bring it up in the form of a liquid instead of a solid. I've been banded for 16 months and have constant dry eyes. I never have thought much about it being related to surgery though, but now after ya'lls comments, it has to be related to it. I upped my Water intake to 100 ounces a day and that has helped a little. Now if the dang pollen would just go away!!

This happened to me yesterday... In the mall and I got sweaty, flushed, blurred vision and I realized I has only had a 1/2 cup of smoothie that am and a Protein Shake. I feel like my blood sugar dropped. I ate 1/2 container of yogurt and felt better but was so sluggish and tired after. My dr says it's important to drink g2 Gatorade and stay hydrated.

It could be low blood sugar or it could be low blood pressure or you might be anaemic.I would go and speak to my Dr and see what he recommends

I was anemic a couple of years ago but not so much lately. I had started to get the shooting pain headaches that I got when I first was anemic a few days ago. So I started taking an Iron pill with my other daily Vitamin. When they did my pre surgery blood work they didn't mention anemia to me. The nurse wrote back and said to increase my Protein to 4 oz 3x a day. Which I think I'm pretty close to already. So not sure...