Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandster Here... Now.. I've Got Some Questions...

Hey there everyone!! I can't believe its been 35 days since the surgery and well I'm slowly introducing 'new' foods back into my diet. Is it me or am I that only carnivore here? :) its crazy really - I mean the other day I had my choice between frozen yogurt and meat - well you guessed it I wanted - NO CRAVED the Protein... is this a normal thing? I've finally been able to get away from ground beef - nothing like a good steak... although - its chew, chew and chew some more... I definitely am finding that now that I'm on a 'real' food menu now I feel fuller longer... but I guess I worry about the weight loss... will it come? I don't know...

Believe me I've been trying - with the workouts and making sure I'm eating when I need to be.. but I'm seeing you all lose some MAJOR weight this past month... and me? Since I last weighed myself I've only lost about 13lbs since surgery... and I'm trippin... not to mention I have read that some of you have already had your first fills? Seriously? Blah! My next appointment is scheduled for May 17th - and I just don't know what the Doc is going to say - I mean am I really making any progress?

But then again - I look at other things - last week I finally fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since 2009!! Brand new jeans.. and I'm in... comfortably! No lying down, sucking in trying to put them on!! YAY! and well even more importantly - as of last week - my A1C dropped - to a 5.8! Which takes me out of the being Diabetic range!! I mean this is a HUGE deal!! I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2004 with an A1C of a 14!! and now? I'm a 5.8.. I don't even know what to think! That by itself means so much to me...

But lets face it... I want to see the pounds come off... perhaps I'm just not being patient enough? I mean friends and family tell me that I am looking great.. but I don't see it... what's wrong with me? :) (Thanks for listening!!)

Hey there everyone!! I can't believe its been 35 days since the surgery and well I'm slowly introducing 'new' foods back into my diet. Is it me or am I that only carnivore here? :) its crazy really - I mean the other day I had my choice between frozen yogurt and meat - well you guessed it I wanted - NO CRAVED the Protein... is this a normal thing? I've finally been able to get away from ground beef - nothing like a good steak... although - its chew, chew and chew some more... I definitely am finding that now that I'm on a 'real' food menu now I feel fuller longer... but I guess I worry about the weight loss... will it come? I don't know...

Believe me I've been trying - with the workouts and making sure I'm eating when I need to be.. but I'm seeing you all lose some MAJOR weight this past month... and me? Since I last weighed myself I've only lost about 13lbs since surgery... and I'm trippin... not to mention I have read that some of you have already had your first fills? Seriously? Blah! My next appointment is scheduled for May 17th - and I just don't know what the Doc is going to say - I mean am I really making any progress?

But then again - I look at other things - last week I finally fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since 2009!! Brand new jeans.. and I'm in... comfortably! No lying down, sucking in trying to put them on!! YAY! and well even more importantly - as of last week - my A1C dropped - to a 5.8! Which takes me out of the being Diabetic range!! I mean this is a HUGE deal!! I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2004 with an A1C of a 14!! and now? I'm a 5.8.. I don't even know what to think! That by itself means so much to me...

But lets face it... I want to see the pounds come off... perhaps I'm just not being patient enough? I mean friends and family tell me that I am looking great.. but I don't see it... what's wrong with me? :) (Thanks for listening!!)

hi there Bea. Youve taken words right out of my mouth.. lol... i didnt realize how much i needed read meat either until the last few days. im just starting to eat more foods now... im 7 weeks out post op. i literally ravished my hamburger.. lol.

i havent had steak yet. im just on hamburger. im cooking chicken breasts for my hubbie but for me its the read meat right now. Gotta have it.

What wonderful news about your Blood sugar level... way to go.

Ive slowed down... no... ive stopped losing weight now. its been about a week since i had any weight loss. im assuming its because im having more in my diet.

Im not worried though and neither should you be, the weight loss will pick up again.

im having my fill on the 7th may. Im getting hungry now, eating more than before. i would say a cup of food now . im chewing really well but i need that amount of food.

I would definately say that im due for a fill. its just in time.

How wonderful that your trousers are fitting you like that, my size 18s are loose but im not into a smaller size yet. That will come. Im not worried, i have all the time in the world. i want to lose weight so that im not looking like a scarecrow. lol. judy

hi there Bea. Youve taken words right out of my mouth.. lol... i didnt realize how much i needed read meat either until the last few days. im just starting to eat more foods now... im 7 weeks out post op. i literally ravished my hamburger.. lol.

i havent had steak yet. im just on hamburger. im cooking chicken breasts for my hubbie but for me its the read meat right now. Gotta have it.

What wonderful news about your Blood sugar level... way to go.

Ive slowed down... no... ive stopped losing weight now. its been about a week since i had any weight loss. im assuming its because im having more in my diet.

Im not worried though and neither should you be, the weight loss will pick up again.

im having my fill on the 7th may. Im getting hungry now, eating more than before. i would say a cup of food now . im chewing really well but i need that amount of food.< /p>

I would definately say that im due for a fill. its just in time.

How wonderful that your trousers are fitting you like that, my size 18s are loose but im not into a smaller size yet. That will come. Im not worried, i have all the time in the world. i want to lose weight so that im not looking like a scarecrow. lol. judy

mistake... that should read.. '' im not wanting to look like a scarecrow.."" sorry.

Gratz on the weight loss so far Bea and please be patient, you havent even had your first fill yet and u have lost 13lbs u are doing great. You can eat red meat just make sure it isnt fatty and that u chew it really well, it is only after u start getting fills u may have difficulties, make sure u buy yourself an expensive sharp knife and cut wafer thin slices of meat and chicken that way u still maybe able to keep eating them. I always have my roast dinner sundays, no potatoes but ( of course i do being english lol ) and manage the meat fine but i cut it with the precision of a surgeon :)

The average weight loss is 1 to 2 lbs per week u are right on target so dont fret and keep moving we all lose at different rates so stop comparing yourself to others and be happy that nasty old diabetes is gone :)