Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

It's March! Can you believe it; the start of month 3 of 12! This year is nearly 1/4 over. I need to start Christmas shopping ... and No, I'm not kidding. If I do a little all year long, it's much more affordable. Sometimes, I'm even done before Thanksgiving :) That's a plus.

I had my abdominal ultrasound yesterday. The tech took a LOT of pictures, especially around the area of my gallbladder. Dr. V already said he'd take it out during Band surgery if it's going to give me problems.

Tomorrow it's the exercise eval, EKG, & chest x-rays; and then I'm done until surgery. Now I just need approval and a date! I'm getting anxious.

OK, where is everyone? Outside of Jennifer's awesome updates, it's been kind of quiet here for the last few days. I know for me, it's been work. I've been slammed, and expect that to be the case for the next couple of weeks! Speaking of which, I guess I'd best get busy. TTFN

I know, it is going by so fast. You are very disciplined to start shopping now for Christmas. I need to take that advice and run with it.

I have been busy with these children. Especially since it is getting so warm out. My oldest was outside practicing for softball and was swinging her bat around and hit my middle child in the eye with it. She has a big mouse on her eye and it was very purple this morning. My little Kindergartener didnt want to go to school in fear her friends would make fun of her. That broke my heart. I told her to not pay attention to them, that she is still beautiful and it will go away soon.

Well we have a month before we meet up again. Let's decide how much weight we want to lose before we see each other again. I want to be in the 160's something bad. So I need to kick it up a notch. I was a bit upset this morning at the scale because it said I was 175!!!! What is going on!!! GRRR!! I have been working out and can hardly eat a thing? Why would I gain a pound. Maybe it's Fluid who knows but it better leave me and leave me fast, cuz I didnt want to see that! lol So I will say I want to be at least 169 before I see you girls on the 1st. If I bypass that then great, if not then I am not going to be happy. This Month is the Month of the 160's for me!!!! GO ANGIE!!!

Ok I am outta here. I am writing a book. You all have a great day and I will talk to you later.

Angie

I am glad it's march. Karen, your next. I think you might be the only pre op left. I still applaud your decision to switch dr's. Now, you just have to wait a wee bit longer. Like I said call UHC from time to time and check in.

THey will let you know if you get faxes and stuff.

It took exactly 4 business days for my approval, so your's will be quick....

Before you know it you will be preparing. Like I was last tuesday.

Washing with that wonderful antispectic soap, herbiclens. My preop medicine costs $140.00 and post op was $55, this is out of pocket.

I gotta get some birth control. Hello, I'm 32, married, work fulltime, parent

and need birthcontrol.

IT sounds soo teenageish.

And I got gitty when my primary dr said the word groin. She told me a story about why she does pap's for the patients mostly teen's at the general practice.

Angie, you can do it! Maybe you're not eating enough Protein?

Jennifer, I hope I'm banded before we meet again :) Thank God I haven't needed birth control in 18 years. I had my tubes tied back then. I also had an endometrial ablation last April, and between that and being peri-menopausal, I barely see "Aunt Flo" if she comes to visit at all.

Deedlynn, that's awesome! Who is doing your surgery?

It's been really busy around here...girl scout cookie time...thank goodness is is coming to an end. Dance classes and so on and so on. I haven't even had time to update my website :). Right now I'm suppouse to be cleaning....(lol doing a great JOB don't ya know it!) My Dad and brother are coming for dinner and I still don't know what I'm a cooking. Urgh...guess I'd better get started on something.

The Best Me - are you celebrating lent? Are you catholic?

I probably would have tried to eat the ashes at church if I went. Just kidding.

I was in Walmart today first time since post op to get of all things an accurate scale. the one we owned was saying I lost 14lbs, then gained 8, and then my daughter told me it showed she weighed are you ready 13 pounds. She is really 43 pounds, do not call dss it's a broken scale.< /p>

Forgot my point here, i saw all the easter candies. Yummy. chocolate was my favorite. Dr Roc set me semi straight today. Atleast the staples are gone. I also want to see if my ticker shows up.

The Best Me - are you celebrating lent? Are you catholic?

I probably would have tried to eat the ashes at church if I went. Just kidding.

Nope, I'm Protestant. I go to an ARP (Associate Reformed Presbyterian) Church that has it's roots in the Reformation, of all things, the split from the Catholic church of the 1600's (I think that's the right century). You know, Martin Luther...95 Thesis nailed to the church doors...anyhow, not Catholic! But there's a Lent thread and a bunch of folks are giving up stuff for Lent. Mine is less LBT and more prayer. They said, I think, it's okay if I'm not Catholic and many Protestants Celebrate Lent anyway...but this past Sunday not a word was said about it at my church...not sure why? Need to look into that.

Glad you weren't tempted to eat the ashes...that was funny!

Angie...I'm doing the Gone for Good Club challenge and I used to want to see below 180, now I'd just be thrilled to see below 185. :) I guess I need a fill. I think it would help alot. I want to be able to do it without one. I'm scared to death of erosion, and what if I lose my band? I'd be on my own anyway, so this isn't much different, except that I DO have my band and by golly, I need to put the restriction I DO have to use. I'm stuck. Stuck stuck stuck. 188 this morning. Yuck yuck yuck.

So, 184 by our next get-together. What's the final day and time anyway?

Kathy - sorry to be ignorant, I went to catholic church in Ny and Catholic College, so I"m not too versed on other religions, except for the mandated world religions class I took in college. I currently, beleive, but don't practice catholosim, my daughter is in a christian school so she will not be raised catholic. It's just something I haven't spent time on. I did not get ashes yesterday. I won't observe lent either, heck I have 1 ounce of a stomach left, and not much else going on to give up. I could say candy but it's gone from my life.

Continue to strive and you'll get to your goal weight. I've lost some weight already but I cannot really tell. I did buy a new scale and it's pretty accurate.

Hi guys,

I've been in the pits and on the drugs. I have been hungry which really stinks. Last time I couldn't eat hardly anything. It could be the predisone and my head. urgh...Anyway tomorrow at 10 my staples come out yay!!!

I am honestly wondering if I should have had the rny this time. I know I'm nuts I just don't want to go through surgery every agian. This time has really thrown me for a loop.

I have to go back and read my journal and then I see how God has lead this band to me and how I had so much trust in him to get me through this. So rereading the journal does help. I know he hasn't gone anywhere. And I know where the dought comes from. It comes from the loser and through Christ I am not a loser.

On another note, please lift up a girl from our church, she was in our SS class and then got married and moved away. Her parents are in our class also. Dave, her dad, just lost his mother nad then had a major heart attach less than a week after her death. Now Rebecca got toximia and they had to induce her labor yesterday. Today she delivered a 1.3 pound little girl. She did make a little noice and take a breath. We almost lost both of them the other night. They named her Trinity!

Hope you all have a good night. jttaurus you sound great! Congrats!

Wow so much is going on around here.

Jennifer - girl it sounds like you are doing great. I can't wait to see you again. You are going to do awsome.

Angie & Melissa - I am in your boat TOO busy. It seems like there is never a end in sight.

Dianne - Get out of that rut girl. You are doing great!!! Think about how good you have done w/ no fill for so long.

Karen - I can't wait to hear you have a date. That is wonderful news about having everything done. I know that feels great on it's own.

Kathy - Girl I just love you...you make me laugh. I am going to join for the one pound thing. Believe that is what I need just one more pound. haha. I know I feel the same way about the feels but there are others out there that have had fill for several years and they are doing just fine. I know it's scary but I think you need to go for it.

Ok now for me - I turned in my notice wed 3/1/06 and I know it was the best thing I could have ever done. I feel good about it. So I know it's right. I can not wait to start working w/ Dr. V and everyone. The office is just great!!!

Had to take Curtis to the Dr. Bambini Tuesday - have to start dialitions again. This time it's not fun - he can talk. When I was doing them the other night he said "mommy hurt me" do you know what that did to me? UGH...I tried telling him it was going to help him. But he's almost 3 he doesn't understand what I am saying to him.

For today - went to get a fill under fluro because he couldn't get it in the office last week. Well remeber I was tilted up a little not now...it's tilted down so it's pretty much flipped.. So he is going to take me in and do a same day thing and get it put back. Hopefully they want give me any greif about taking a day or two off while working my notice but I don't know. I am ok because I knew going into this that is something that could happen. So no biggie!!!! Lets get it fixed and go on!!!

So now that I have probably put everyone to sleep - I hope you have a great weekend and I will not stay away as long again!!!!