Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

See?! Viruses run amuck these days!!!! it's terrible! I actually think I'm taking a turn for the better. A few hours ago I sipped a bit of liquid Tylenol, slept on the sofa, then drank the rest when I woke up. Headache's a bit better, but still there.

Hey, I weighed a bit ago and hit a new low, 185.6. Wow! Wonder how long it will take to gain it back? LOL! Two Townhouse crackers and Tylenol since dinner last night does not a balanced diet make. Oh well.

Hang on everyone. This curse will end soon and we will be our happy healthy selves again.

I was just playing with numbers..I've lost 40lbs(according to my scale) now...and if my goal is like 150lbs then I've lost 34% of my weight so far. That means I only have to do what I've done twice more. LOL...Okay it looked better on paper. LMAO. What's really sad? I had to call the 14 year old in here to show me how to figure it out. Her algebra put into practice! LOL

I had steak tonight since the fill...was really scared...but went slow and ate about 1/3 of a 6 oz steak. I had the salad before hand, but I drink tea with that (bad Melissa). I also had a couple of bites of the potato. I defiently will get at least another meal out of it, if not two. I ate steak and didn't PB....yeah. I've been so chicken. The other night when I got sick it was one of the only times I had eaten something tougher like pork....I originally thought it was like a pb without the slime...but turns out I was just sick.

Okay playing with numbers again...lol

-26.8 ....10%of body weight lost! done

-40 ......lost the weight of my 6 year old (lucky she is so light weight) done

-56.5....half way there

-69...onderland ...isn't that a cool number to take ya into oneder land!

-84.6 .....3/4 the way there

-100 ....woot 100lbs..can look into tummy tuck!!!

-113 ....normal bmi!

Wow Melissa, good numbers juggling! I need to do that...Hey, I weighed 184.0 this morning, a new low! The ONLY good part about being sick. I'm on the mend though, so I'll be gaining it back. sigh.

Happy Saturday everyone! Let's try and smile today, kay? Come on ya'll, try it, despite it all...smile!!!!!!! There now, that wasn't so bad. :)

:peace: Absolutely... You made me smile thanks Kathy. The hubby and I went out last night and watched a movie. V for Vendetta. It was actually pretty good. And get this I got on the back of the motorcycle with him. I was so scared!!!! We needed a night out like that and it helped I am sure. I have been scared to get on the back of that bike and finally did it to make him happy. So hopefully he saw that and it helped him a little as well.

I hope everyone gets feeling better. This has got to stop and we all need a Happy April! Get with Kathy and lets smile!!!! TTYL! Happy Saturday!

Angie

Melissa - girl look at you go. I haven't started to think about things like that. Ok maybe now that I will be working there I will start thinking about it. No why change now. haha

Kathy - I am sorry you are having such a hard time...I really hope you start getting better soon. Look at you hitting a new low...For some reason I have gained a few pounds since being the hospital on Wed...I don't know if it's the IV Fluid still or what. Oh well I am not going to let it bother me.

Angie it sounds like ya'll had a great time....My DH would love to get me on the back of his...I am thinking about it so that is alot closer then I was just 8 months ago. Hang in there girl...you and your hubby are going to be great. Things are going to be just fine.

Curtis was in the St. Patricks day parade...he was so cute. The horn from the fire truck scared him a little at first but he got use to it and did great flirting w/ everyone. We then went and bought him a new bed room set for big boy....it's sad. He is growing up.

Well hope you all had a great Saturday....I am so excited about starting my job on Monday. WOW I have never been this excited about a job.

Have a great night....Love ya NC girls.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday...it was pretty quite for us. We are working alot at church for our Easter program which we want even be here for...how sad. But it feels good helping. Went to Avenue and bought some clothes for the job...needed something new. I have to tell this....my big ole butt fit in a size 20...WHAT me...get out of here. My mom was with me and were both a little suprised..well she was happy for me not surprised but I was so happy...here is what is bad..I didn't get them. They didn't have them in tall. Maybe next time.

Well hope everyone has a great night...and hope your sunday was nice and relaxing.

Hey Kim - My big ole' belly is keeping me from new clothes. I want new jeans. I cannot fit in them without muffin top because i'm so darn swollen. I hate to wear anything tight at all. That's why my plus clothes are already too big for me. I have a few 20's that i could give you, some kahki's, and I have bunch of Pj pants I love but are too big now. Let me know, I know others are uncomfortable getting stuff given to them. I don't have any suits or anything though.

I proudly own three pairs of xl sleep pants and a new purse. I tried on so many things at kohls yesterday, I was in the misses department and took well advantage. WHy is the plus area two tight rows and the misses is about 1/4 of the women's department. GO Figure... I'm enjoying this but chunkie belly is keeping me from jeans. I have two incisions on the belly button area so I cannot comfortably stamp the jeans in the belly area.

I know TMI.

I'm doing well. I will be one month post op wednesday. I'm struggling to figure out the gym thingie. I gotta try hard or else i'm gonna be so giggly.

Plus I love King of Queens, but the Gym has tv's and headset plug in's so I have no excuse for waiting to watch that instead of going to the gym.

One more thing, I am starting to hate food. Looking at it, thinking how delicious it is and how I cannot ever eat it again. Once April 7th comes I"ll be on a more vast diet so these feelings should wane some what. Being on soft foods right now is tiring me out.

Hey everyone! I'm doing OK, but John (DH) has a seriously bad case of the flu. He's going back to the doctor today, and we're afraid it's turned into pneumonia. He's had a fever for over a week now, and is coughing really badly. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the doctor puts him in the hospital. Please say a prayer for him.

Good Luck Karen - this is nothing to play around with. My friends daughter had the flu for three solid weeks during xmas. She wounds up with a nasty resp infection afterwards. I'm glad i got the flu shot. This isthe first winter in my whole life, NY & NC that I was not sick. I got sick on halloween 10/31 and haven't been sick since. I did get the flu shot when I was preparting for wls.

Good news, it's not pneumonia; his ears are infected. Doc gave him antibiotics, more cough medicine, and told him to go back to bed.

Otherwise, not much to report on this end. I patiently await submission to my insurance.

:(

:tired

Hi gang,

NJ was great. Cold but I swear it was colder her yesterday!

I'm happy to say I'm ME AGAIN!!! YAY feeling good. Still real sore around the insision but at least I am feeling good over all.

I went down in my hooper size!!! well not the cup:( but at least the #) 2 sizes!!! I also started borrowing my GF's clothes she is a 14/16!!! I'm very happy.

The hair is a major issue though, now that looks like crap! I want it longer before I get it styled so you can just imagine how bad it looks.

I gotta run I have an appointment at the raceway this afternoon..what a cool hobby I have.

TTYL

Ok, so I don't have anything exciting or even interesting to talk about today. I just wanted to check in and say "Hi!" to everyone!

Congrats on the size 14/16 Dianne!

OK, how is everyone else doing?

Hey ladies...WOW what a whirlwind 2 days it has been. Monday morning my first day of work Curtis gets sicks...yes all over me and my clothes. Not once but TWICE...and then again on the way to my grandparents house. I couldn't call in sick my first day. So thank goodness my grandparents were able to keep him. But I wasn't late. So we had our first seminar monday night also @ CMC went well. I am learning so much. I think I am going to love it. We had patient in the office today and it just made me feel good...knowing they were there to get help. It is just great no matter what surgery they have at least they are doing something to help.

Ok more good news....We are starting our Lap Band support group meeting in April...yes LAP BAND focused support group. It's open to anyone and everyone...SO PLEASE join us for our first one. It will be a monday and I think the time will be 6:30...not sure of the date yet but I will make sure we let you all know. It's going to be great.....it will be near Myers Park Church near Queens and Providence.

Ok sorry for being so long it's just so much is going on and I am just excited to share about it.

I am going to start a new post for our meeting on the 1rst...ok this is like the 3rd time we skipped a month...we can't do that anymore. It's just too long. I miss you guys.

Karen - I hope John is feeling better....I know that is tough. As for you I don't know anything yet. I am working on submitting a couple tomorrow maybe yours will be one of them.

Dianne - I am so glad you had a good weekend. Why did you bring the cold weather back with you. Send it back. Congrats on the 14/16...that is great.

Jennifer - Girl look at you go to an XL - That is great. I can't wait to see you again. You are going to look amazing. I am so glad you feel good about your choice. That is what it all comes down to what is right for you. Keep loosing girl....

Kathy - How are you doing? Are you feeling any better? You have been through so much these past couple of weeks.

Melissa - A congsignment sale after Breakfast you know how I love them but I have to get ready for Curtis' birthday...Look I haven't even told DH that I was going to meet ya'll that saturday morning...he is going to think I have A LOT of running around to do. haha

Ok I am going to get off here and spend some time w/ my family. I didn't get home until 8:30 last night but it was so worth it. Talking to people and answering questions.

Talk to ya'll later.