Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

Welcome Makah! I don't have a band yet, but have had all the preliminary stuff done and am waiting on submission to insurance.

John is still sick! He was too sick early on to be whiny; now he's tired of being sick and getting grouchy. He's starting to have short periods of time when he feels almost normal; then his meds wear off and he starts feeling rotten again. He was up coughing in the middle of the night again last night. My heart breaks for him `cause there's really nothing I can do. Selfishly I pray I don't get it.

thanks for responding ms sabre

i have my first consult on wednesday the 29th

i did call my insurance company today and they said they do not exclude lapband but i need predetermination

i am worried about that---i am thinking i may not have enough issues

but i don't want to give up before ieven try to start

i hope everything works out for you

Makah...You are so right don't give up. For me I didn' have any issues...however my BMI was in the 40's so w/ my insurance then it was no problem. Please let us know how it goes on the 29th. I wish you the best of luck.

I dropped a line to Steffney at Dr. V's office, and she referred me right to our dear Kim! :(

Kim had the unenviable task of letting me know my paperword hadn't gone out to the insurance yet. :)

Kim talked to Julie, the nurse, and they may be able get it out by Monday! :clap2:

John's fever broke yesterday, and he's back at work today. I hope it's not too much, too soon; but one of his co-workers is going on vacation and John is stressing because he's behind at work.

Also, please keep and eye out and offer a warm welcome to Stacy if you see her. She and I met through a mutual friend. Stacy was banded in 2001. She talked like she was interested in checking us out. :biggrin1:

Well the good news Karen is I checked your file and I think I found everything. So once I get w/ Julie I can fax it off....So get ready and lets hope UHC gets it done quick.

Ok I know I have said this before but what a whirlwind I have been through the last 4 days. I am so ready for the weekend to stop and take all of this in. I am pretty sure I am going to love it once I realize what is going on....It's just getting to that point. Boy the older you get the harder it gets to learn new things.

Well hope everyone is having a good week.....It seems to be quite which could be a good sign....or maybe it's not.

So Kim, do you get to wear scrubs...those look so darn comfortable! :)

Been packing and trying to get things in order here...gotta work tomorrow and then we are driving to Columbus GA tomorrow afternoon. I'll drive back sunday with the girls, Paul will continue on to California with his brother. My brother in law is moving across country, hubby is going along for the ride and will fly home in a week and half.

Yes scrubs....if we want and I wore them 3 days this week. It's like wearing PJ's. Gotta love that.

Wow moving to CA that is along way. Hope he likes it. You becareful driving back. How far of a drive is that for you?

Alright seems like it's getting quite around here again. Hope everyone is doing ok. In case you haven't read Karen's post...she was my first offical insurance package sent. I got it faxed this afternoon for her. How cool will that be she could be my first approval. :)

Alright have a good weekend. Curtis' birthday is Sunday....I think we are going grill out.

Hello everybody,

I just wanted you to know that I'm still hanging around here, and I'm going to try to do better at posting once in awhile. I'm trying to catch up with everything that you've all been up to!

Hi Gang,

Looks like every one is crazy busy like me this week!

Kim I'm glad you like your new job. And so very glad you got Karens insurance faxed today..yay..maybe hopefully April will be Karens month!

Gotta go now, Hi eveyone...Melissa be careful.

night night!

It sure is busy on here. We've been home sick. I returned to work last wednesday 3/15. I've been out on family care time for 4 days in the past week and a half but none were for me. My husband hurt his right shoulder and couldn't drive, then daughter was horse wednesday and we got her antibotics at urgent care. Well, she got sicker. Today we went to the dr's again, she's got the stomach bug, lost her voice, and refuses to take the medicine. I hate anything GI, i'd rather wite a runny nose then clean up you know what. Her breathing is pretty bad too especially since she cannot talk. She's was only this sick one other time and she was 18months old and would up in the hospital for 5 days. This freaks us out everytime she vomits, I get worried.

The doc gave us some med's incase it hits us, but I told him i was post op and he said, call the surgeon if something goes wrong. We all see the same dr's group and I love it. They've watched chloe grow and will watch me shrink. Dh only goes for major things. On a positive note, I haven't needed to see the dr since january but i wasn't sick then. Pray I don't get sick. I am already hated by the trolls at work because i'm shrinking.

Three people told me I needed to go buy new bras', these are not my friend either. I was like, umm, should you be staring at something else.

Tomorrow is kohls for me. unless we get out to buy that mini van my husband keeps dreaming about. Grad school, substitute teachers, crazy minivan driver. I expect him to go to school now if he's got a ride. Sub's work by the day so it's a good gig, when you have a suger momma. (that's me incase you were wondering).

Good Night SOrry this is so long. I am gonna post I've lost 30 pounds already and I am seeing it a bit but not much.

Well my baby is 3 today. WOW it's been three years since he blessed our lives and I wouldn't take a day of it back. It's been alot of ups and downs but to be able to look at him and him give you a big hug and say "luv you mommie" makes me feel so good. He has brought such joy into our lives..an come craziness. :) I never thought I could love someone so much and how something so small can over joy your heart.

Ok just needed to reflect on the day...I think back to the hospital and the Wed he was born and the WHOLE day in labor just for him to arrive @ 10:36 that night by c-section none the less. haha.

Well we are having a family cook out today for him...my in-laws aren't coming because my fil sugar is acting up and he is cranky so they aren't even coming to their grandson's birthday lunch. Go figure.

At any rate we went to early service this morning and they had a little party for Curtis in his sunday school...he was so cute came out where his crown. He was so happy....

Well I need to go and make hamburgers 17 of them...UGH.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the Sunday.

I'm here, I'm reading and keeping up with all my funny friends. We are quite a LOT these days. We all have stuff going on!!!! But I'm keeping track of you all and sending (((hugs))) when ya'll need it.

Happy Birthday Curtis!!! 3 is so cooool!

Saturday is coming fast! I can't wait to see you all!

Happy late BD to Curtis! Kim I got all teary when I read your sweet words. OH being a mommy is special.

Things here have been crzy as usual.

Ok I can't give the finger to anyone today! Whats up with this! lol not that I ever do that anymore. My left hand middle finger is hurting real bad today! And it seems to be extending down my hand when I try to use it.

I had carpol tunnel and a ganglian sist yrs ago on my right hand, but I don't remember what it felt like I think it was the whole hand.

We got the invisible fence on Friday for Lucy and Sandy. Turns out Lucy is way to young, so we are just working on Sandy. She is so sad. We have alays let her run and we'd stay out and watch her. I keep promising her that she's going to like this.

Lucy had us and the animal emergency:sick 2:30 AM Sunday morning:notagree . She started coughing and then would stop and then start up agian. I called them to see if I could give her some cough medicine and they said it sounded like it was Kennel cough! and that she needed to be seen before Monday. We gave it an hour and took her. That is what it is, so she is on an antibiotic and cough suppresent when needed. She is doing 100% better now. My poor baby. The only thing that we can think of that she could have gotten it was when I took her to Petsmart last Monday. See Jennifer, if it's not the kids it's the puppy!!

Well I have Bible study tonight I have missed the past 2 weeks, so I'm excited to go.