Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

I'm here, in a funk. On the discouraged train right now. I think my thyroid medicine needs to be adjusted because I just literally run out of steam after 5 pm. I was feeling terriblly old becuase all the weight I've lost has been from my face apparently and wrinkles were showing up. Started using an anti wrinkle cream and either it looks better or I'm fooling myself...either way its good. I also was noticing alot more grey hair so had my hair done Thursday, it looks good...or at least everyone keeps saying it does. (see what I mean...a funk...lol) I'm having issues with food. At night I can eat pretty much anything...but have had a lot of pb's the last couple of days, I've stuck to mushies today and almost felt like I was going to get stuck on that. I'm retaining Water like crazy so going to take some Water pills starting in the morning ...hope that helps. Haven't lost anymore weight....I'm stuck again.

Oh and our church is having a childrens consignment sale on the morning of our meeting (are we meeting in the university area?) so if anyone wants to check that out let me know. I'll have Karah's toddler bed there...though not sure how much to price it.

I've been reading, just hadn't felt positive enough to respond.

Kim, hope your flip goes great, and curtis's visit is positive news.

Angie, I know what you mean about having more energy, until very recently I felt like I did too.

Kathy sorry to hear about the hives, hope they are better soon.

Karen it will be here before you know it....you are on the home stretch now.

Diane ...woot able to get rid of last summers clothes!!!!! Congrats. I think most of mine still fit...how sad is that. LOL

Hey!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. We've had a crazy couple of weeks. We found renters for our house and had to move in 2 weeks to get them in when they wanted! It was crazy. Now we are staying in Salisbury with my FIL -- until we figure out what to do next. I think we are going to build, but not sure where...so we are just taking some time to figure it out. I love staying with my FIL, he's great. My MIL passed away in October, so I think it is good for us all to be together. I can cook and make sure that everything is okay up here.

PLUS we've all had the FLU! Talk about miserable! Moving and the flu at the same time is RIDICULOUS!!! We still aren't finished with it-- my oldest appears to have it now. We thought maybe it passed her by. We are heading to the doc today to get her some tamaflu and hopefully it won't be a bad case.

While I am on the subject of tamaflu-- or meds... I have to vent a little. I am SICK of doctors and pharmacists giving me the "you don't know what you are talking about" look and patronizing acceptances of my requests for small pills. I CAN'T take the big pills-- it isn't a cop out, I will not be able to get the pills down! Grrrrr. Same thing with ibuprofin. Everyone acts like I am just making it up to irritate them.

Okay, enough of my craziness. I'll be around more now that we have settled in. Hope everybody is groovy.

Court

OK FUNK IT OUT EVERYONE....lol...looks whose talking the queen bee mother of FUNK!

I think the seasons changing can really put me in a funk.

Melissa- reading the bible and talking to God helps me get out of the funks. Some times faster than others, but it helps. (((Hugs))) I'm sure you don't look any older or wrinklier, it's the funk. And just cause the scale isn't moving doesn't mean your not losing. I know you know this stuff...so hang in there and ((hugs))

Court-I have a pill cutter. Works great. The only thing is that some meds you can't cut.

Everyone else hi...have a good day gang..and smile...

Oh this is kind of funny I have my tank top tie shit jammies on and a pair of sweats, NO BRA...can you vision floppy hooters..ok have that visual...So I let Lucy out, she desides that she is a big girl and can run where ever she wants! So at 8:30 this morning me and my floppy hooters:omg: are RUNNING..talk about flap jacks...all over the yard and into the FRONT YARD!!! Yikes it;s leash time for Lucy!!!..lol

I have nothing else to say but hehehehehe that just cracks me up Dianne. I was the same way yesterday and proud of it. It's good to let them free once in a while. :) OK I am off of here. Got a sick child myself. She needs me ttyl

Angie

Dear God in Heaven, as you look down on us now, I know you must be laughing. We are flooping hooters all over the front yard, moving our homes, fighting the flu, taking care of sick kids, we have the Hives so we walk around scratching our butts and other unmentionable places, we are in a FUNK, we are quitting jobs and starting new ones, we are praying way too hard for patience so you are showing us just how much we really have (and we really only needed a short lesson on that one, right, Karen?), and we are flipping ports, PBing, and Hot Flashing. Lord, the list goes on and on.

Oh Lord, help us here in our little group of friends. Thank you for bringing us together so at least we can share our misery with one another. Thank you the laughter in the face of it all. I know it will all be okay!!! But I think we need a little extra dose of blessing these days. Amen. :amen:

:funnypost: Oh my gosh Kathy, ROTFLMFAO!!! That is the best and yet funniest perspective of our collective situation! :violin: I admire your wit, and desperately needed the laugh! Thank you! :amen:

Kathy...I don't think I have read anything as funny as that. You are killing me. Karen sent it to me yesterday and I needed it so bad when she sent it to me. Ok so how are you hives? Hopefully they are getting better.

Alright god answered the flipped port one...it's back to normal. haha

Melissa - girl do you want to meet up for lunch or something soon? I don't want you being in a funk...it's no fun.

Ok so as of yesterday I am offical unemployeed for 3 days. Of course today was no fun in the hospital a good part of the day. Tomorrow my sister is coming to get me and take me Curtis' doctors appt. So Friday no plans!!!! Then come Monday I am employeed again....and I can't believe I am excited about working. (it's got to be the drugs I am on. haha)

Alright I am hurting so I am going to get off here and lay down on the couch and let the hubby take care of me. :hat:

Have a great night!!!!

I am happy to hear your port is flipped back. That is awesome. Hopefully that doesnt happen to you again.

Well Girls, things arent going so well on my end here. Hubby and I are having troubles and are seeking counseling. It is and has been hard now since I started losing the weight. He feels like we are growing apart and that I am losing this weight and wanting to be on my own or with someone else. That is far from the truth girls. I feel so bad. I love him so so much. We have been together as a couple for 19 years. I started dating him when I was 15 years old. We have a wonderful foundation and love for one another. Hopefully this helps us and helps us get back to where we were.

Also in the struggles in the Bond household, his Mom has found out she has Breast Cancer. Then on Tuesday she fell and broke her hip. She had emergency surgery and is doing fine but... they think the cancer has spread to her bones because you dont break a hip that easily. This is hard to deal with right now especially with what we are going through. I am constantly in tears and afraid of what will happen with her and with our relationship. We need to make this work for our childrens sake as well. They are the ones I need to protect the most and I will. Please pray for us and pray that things will get better with us and with his Mom. I am so scared. :think

Angie

Angie,

Our prayers go with you, your husband, children, and mother-in-law. It's good that you are in counseling. It can work; if it weren't for counseling, John and I would have never made it past our first two years of marriage.

Please let me know if there is anything whatsoever I can do. If nothing else, call and vent. I have big shoulders :)

Angie sorry to hear about all of your troubles...if you ever need to yap at someone give me a call (cell phone). Hubby and I went through something similiar...except he was fine when I was losing the weight it's when all our fun and games produced Karah. It was the longest 9 months of my life, and I honestly didn't know if our marriage was going to make it. Now I look back on it as a hiccup...things are good and we are communicating again. Just hang in there..and its good that you guys are going to counsiling..that shows that you guys haven't given up...use it to let him know he is stuck with ya. :)

Angie girl I ditto Melissa - you have my number use it if you need it. I think this is a bad year for marriages....I have already had 3 friends tell me they are going through counseling (Two of them their marriages are better then before and one her husband isn't going w/ her so it's kind of pointless). At any rate it works I have seen it. I am sure it will all work out and things will be better then ever in the months to come. You MIL and your family are in my prayers.

Ok March has got to end....everyone seems to be in funk...or something and it's just not fun....I love you all so much lets all stick together and hang in there and we all can make it through anything.

Let's go NC Bandsters!!!!

Oh yeah....ya'll know I start work on Monday which I am so excited about. Well monday is his first semniar and I am going to be there....if anyone wants to come and lend their support I know I wouldn't mind it. :) No really it's at CMC and I am so excited....Wish me luck!!!!

Ugh. I'm sick. First the hives, now getting better, now a headache, low-grade fever and diarrhea. I cant' eat. I'm exhausted. I cant' sleep but for 30 min at a time and I'm just restless. sigh.

Angie, hang on, girl. It's worth the work. I'll be praying. (((hugs)))

I thought I'd never make it through Feb, now March is funky. Will April be better? We need more prayers!! LOL

Back to the sofa gang. Uuuuuggggghhhhhhh.

Thank you girls, I knew I get trust in you all to up lift my spirit and make me feel better. Things have been rocky for a while and hard to deal with. That time I was late to the Restaurant well We had a pretty bad argument before I came. I needed to get out of the house so I went ahead and came up. Thanks to Kim for calling so I could scoot. I love him with all my heart and soul and I know we will make this happen and will be happy again. We just need to have a third party in here to help. Thanks again for all your support. You guys are awesome.

Kathy I agree this funkyness needs to stop and leave us alone. I hope you get to feeling better sweetie. My middle child is starting to feel better finally. She has pink eye and a virus. It wasnt a fun week for her. She was out of school all week.

Ok, well I best get off of here and make sure the girls are behaving. They are off until Tuesday. TTYL!!!! Love and Hugs to you all.

Angie

Checking in....turns out the bad pb ( i thought) i had on Tuesday night was like the first part of the upset stomach that was to last through yesterday. I never ran a fever, but after I threw up on Tuesday night I didn't eat again until Thursday except some broth and a few crackers here and there to settle my stomach. My poor face...everyone kept telling me how great I looked today and last night..and I wanted to laugh. When I got sick on Tuesday I broke a ton of caplilaries in my face, especially around my eyes. So now I'm wearing makeup to try and cover it up.....guess that's why I look good LOL. One thing for sure, with amount of spots on my face I could never hide being bulimic.

I had fun today, we had a grand ole Irish time at day care, with crafts glitter and green food. I also finally got to add another charm to my bracelet...another 5lb mark reached. (course it was when I was sick that I lost...go figure.)

Hope everyone has a grand st. patty's day.

May the luck of the Irish go with ya'