Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

Hello everyone! I'm alive, I'm alive! Woot! Yeah I have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I have my oldest in softball and my younger two in soccer. So we are definately a busy household right now. Sorry I havent been hanging around and posting. I have checked in a couple of times but didnt have time to respond.

Things are going ok with eating but exercising has stopped again since I hvae been busy. But I am moving so much it is crazy. But... the scale isnt moving. I really need to start concentrating on this and getting it to move. I am having a hard time not drinking with my meals as well. Its just hard to not do that. I really need to break that as well.

The 1st of April is going to be here before we know it. And Kathy is coming up on her one year bandiversary. How is everyone else doing? How's the weight loss going? I need to measure again here soon. I am at 8 in a half months along with my band journey and 52 pounds gone. I think that is a great accomplishment. OK, running out of things to say. I am going to hit the hay and get up and run around like a chicken again tomorrow, but hopefully keep my head on tight. :) TTYS!!!

Angie

After I left the message with Julie at Dr. V's on Wed. noon, I got a call from my PCP's secretary confirming that what they were faxing had it all covered; it did.:biggrin1: Julie called me back later that evening stating she'd review my file for completeness and would be faxing my info to the insurance. (Interestingly, she told me to call last week, but acted like she didn't know why I had called her? :) ) I asked her to let me know when it goes to the insurance, and she said she would:clap2: . I have yet to hear back that it has gone, and will drop Steffney an e-mail shortly.

I don't mean to be impatient, but if everything is/was there on Wed., and it should have been, it could have gone out yesterday. If UHC moves quickly, I could in theory have surgery by the end of March :) . OK, I know I'm probably pushing it, but I'm ready.

Kim- What is HSA?

Angie- WOW you sound busy. At least the weather is beautiful and you can enjoy your time outside. You are doing great with your weight loss! It is hard to stop drinking with meals. I just decided in the very beginning that I was going to do that. However I would drink up till I ate. So now I've stopped that too. There are some meals I have to have a sip of milk with and I do, but other than that I'm real good with that. GL you can do it.

We need to Celebrate Kathy's bandaversary (lol)

Karen-Your to good. It's Friday afternoon I know I couldn't wait through the weekend without knowing something. You'll be in bandland soon I'm sure.

Well, I'm feeling more like me everyday, yay!!! Slept crummy last night but that happens once in a while.

I hope everyone else id doing good. Have a good weekend.

I have Hives and I don't know why. They are travelling all over my body. It started in the middle around my waist, or just below it, and under my arms, then got lower across my fat butt and outer thighs, then went to the inner thighs, and up to my head and under my left eye, and now behind my knees and on the tops of my feet. What's up with this? Benadryl Cream and liquid Benadryl clears it up but they come back in a new spot. Nothing new, no changes in laundry detergent or meds or foods...just a pretty stressful week, I have no clue.

Oh, and I joined Curves, it's official.

Hi everybody! How's the weekend?!

Kathy are you sure they are hives? From the sounds of them it could be that thing you get that is from the chicken pox virus....Oh I can't think of the name right now. Wait shingles (sp)....I had a 13 yr old cousin get them and that is exactly what it sounded like. You might want to get it checked.

Will "chat" later....just wanted to let you know that.

Kim, my Dad mentioned that, and I don't think that's it. I have no pain or discomfort along with it. It's more than just a rash, it's welts that pop up, then go away, and pop up again in another place. I'll look into Shingles more, though. Two kids and a Mom have the chicken Pox at my daughter's school, so it's worth some research. Okay, I'm Googling, because a new crop showed up this morning on my right eye...just below at the outer edge and on my right temple. My head is itching alot, too, so I'm sure they are all over my scalp. What's up with this?!!!!! Oh, and my inner right arm and my hips again. Geez.

Okay, a google search has shown it's not Shingles...the breakouts just arent' doing that. What IS happening is THIS:

"Urticaria is the medical name for hives. These are welts; pink swellings that come up on any part of the skin. They itch and each individual hive lasts a few hours before fading away, leaving no trace. New hives appear as old areas fade. They can be pea sized or join to cover broad areas of the body. While the itch can be intense, the skin is usually not scabbed or broken. In some people the hives burn or sting."

That's exactly what I have. I may call the doc tomorrow, jsut to see, but I think I need a few more days to see if it slowly gets better. I may never know what has caused it, but I have not taken my Wellbutrin since my Thursday morning dose. I haven't taken ANYthing. Any ideas?

Oy Vey! Holy Batman AND Robin!

It's getting old and aggravating now. I didn't take my oral benadryl this morning because I didn't want to nod off in church! The topical benadryl works much better when I take the oral also. The Patches keep popping up. By the end of it all, every part of me will have had a hive on it! Today it hit me "down there". Not "in" but "on". Quite a place to walk around the house scratching...I look like hubby in the mornings :biggrin1: and it came out on my scalp, too. Shoulders, my right boob, upper back, my back next to my arms, hips, waist, upper thighs on top, behind the knees, inner arms, everywhere!!!!! They pop up in Patches, itch like mad, fade out, and hours later pop up somewhere else.

I'm clueless :)

Kathy girl you need to be careful...I would go and get checked. I am sure there is something they can give you.

Angie - You are one busy woman...all you need is another baby in the family. haha Just kidding. I feel the pain on the scale not moving...it moves up and down but Monday's are my offical weigh in days fro me and it's usually about the same. Sometimes a little less....

Karen - It will happen before you know it...I know it's tough waiting but you have been so good for so long. Hang in there no much longer.

Dianne - How are you? Getting back to your old self? When do you go out of town?

Kim - that would be me. :faint: Well this week - Yesterday I was bite by a bug on my foot. It's swallen, red and painful. It feels weird so I guess I need to go to the doctor for it. Tuesday is my last day here...it feels weird I will offically be unemployed for 3 days. Wed - go in for surgery to get my port put back. Thursday - Curtis goes to the Dr. to see if the dialiations are working. Friday - Sunday it's my time!!! Time to heal and time to relax before starting my new career w/ Dr. V. How weird is that my boss is going to cut me open Wed morning :) . haha....he better be nice to me. :)

Ok so that is going to be my week sumed up...so if I don't check in you know where I will be.

Where is Melissa? Court? Sherrie? Do you not like us anymore? :think It makes me sad...please check in w/ us. PLEASE!!!!!! The others I am missing please say hello let us know you are ok!!!

Kathy, I think I'd see a doctor?

Angie, enjoy being busy with your kids; they grow up too fast, and one day you'll actually miss the extracurricular activities.

Dianne, I glad to hear you're starting to feel like yourself again. I can empathize with the blues; I've had my share of them lately too.

Kim, I am so excited for you starting your new job soon :)

On Friday, Steffney at Dr. V's e-mailed me back and later called. They are ahead of schedule right now, but she did want me to know that ordinarily it can take up to 30 days for the office to get everything together and out to the insurance. They have to make sure everything is there, and Dr. V reviews the completed file to ensure there is nothing else he wants to have done before going to the insurance. I'm back to trying to be patient again.

Jennifer, Melissa, Court, anyone and everyone else ... where are you, and how are you doing? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Believe me I love being busy with my kids. I wasn't complaining one bit. They are my pride and joy and we had a wonderful time this weekend. They are so fun. It was so beautiful outside I couldnt stay in. Before, when I was heavy, I didnt want to go out because I would be so out of breath I couldnt stand it. Yesterday, I almost cried because I was having the time of my life playing with my children outside, running, skipping, jumping on the trampoline, and shooting some hoops. I got a bit emotional but know one else saw it. I just wanted to let you all know.

Also, I had my very first PB! OMG! That thing about killed me. lol This is the first time I have thrown up since I got the band. I was eating some pork and guess I didnt chew good enough and it got stuck. It wouldnt go down, it wouldnt come up. I finally had to make a gag reflex to make it come up. That slime stuff is nasty. You couldnt swallow and it was coming out like mad. EWWW!!! It wasnt fun at all. I guess I know now what my restriction is and I better chew properly or it will happen again.

Kathy girl you need to get them things checked out. That has got to be a pain in the a$$.

Kim, good luck on your surgery this week. Sorry your port has flipped.

Karen, I hope you hear something soon on a date. Maybe Kim can push it closer for you! :) lol just kidding.

Everyone else I hope you all are doing great and the weight is coming off. Mine is at a stand still and I need to get it moving again. I need to focus!!! OK I am off of here. Have a great day everyone. IT is going to be so nice out!

Angie

Angie, I PB'd pork Saturday night! It was the country style pork ribs. We grilled them with BBQ Sauce but it was till too chewy. Egads. And Yuck! I quit eating and had CIB for Breakfast, then Soup for lunch. It's all fine now. I do better with Pork Tenderloin.

I'm calling the pharmacist and the doc. This is getting old. I woke up at 3am with huge welts on my inner thighs from scratching in my sleep. They are gone now, but it's still tender. I'll let you know what I find out.

OMGoodness! Kathy and Angie, what is this a porkin PB party weekend!!! lol

Kathy- I would go to the Dr if I were you. I don't know how you can STAND it!! I was in misory with mine! I didn't care that I had to take predisone. I just wanted HELP! You poor thing. I feel so bad for you.

Kim-Wow tomorrow you'll be flippin! How can you take Curtis to the Dr on Wednesday? Will you really be up for that? Do you need a ride? Let me know if I can do anything.

Karen-Your so good. I'll have to call you when I go Uptown so we can do lunch.

Well everybady else hi.

Tomorrow I go see Dr.V, I'll remind him to take good care of you Kim. I've been thinking of question over the past 3 weeks and now I have forgotten them all! Urgh getting old.

I drove to the Arboredum on Friday for the first time really driving. For some strange reason driving really hurts! It is so wierd. Being a passanger is fine. I even had to take my pain meds! But today I have to go out and do some stuff. DH, you know Kelly, and I are going to NJ on Thursday for the weekend. Big party and hopefully I can meet up with a few of the NJ girls, that would be so cool, they are so neat, like us friendly and fun loving NC girls. Anyway it is a Bat Mitzvah that we are going to. So I have to go see if I can get something to wear.

I have TONS and when I say TONS I mean TONS of Summer stuff. 2X and 3X and size 24. Let me know if anyone wants me to bring them on the 1st.

I don't know about you guys but I had NOTHING that fit me this weekend. Went to Stienmart cause I have a gift card and found nothing, so today I'm off to Walmart to get some tie shirts.

So I'm talking enough here. Have a good day. Kathy....DON"T SCARtCH!!!

Dianne, with this warmer weather and hot flashes on top of that, I could use some of the 2x's. I love your signature; I feel that way too!