Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC March Chat

Kim -

I think I'm doing great, except I cannot stop thinking of food. I will be free of the liquid diet on wednesday. My recovery is going well. I got a few nasty sores from where the bandages were. Nothing major though.

I haven't noticed a real difference even though the scale is moving.

I did go to the gym thursday and friday. I'm taking today off, just don't tell dr b. Hee....

I'm glad things are moving right along for you. i don't want to get 'busy' again.

I did it. It was an accident but I actually managed to make a picture avatar all by myself and it worked!!! How's it look? I'm not sure I like seeing my mug every time I post something...I might miss my Blossom-y wreath and go fetch it! I did it!!

Your picture looks great. I cannot find a picture of me I like. I have some belly shots with the staples that I took, I will be taking some scar shots too, just for the record. I am too lazy to post a picture. What were you doing up at 1am? I should have called you, I was up too.

Being off work has killed my sleeping schedule. Next week I go back to work so I gotta get my act together.

*knock*knock*knock*

:wave: Hi Yall - just came by for a second...

KATHY, YOU HAVE AN AVATOR!:omg: :high5:

i love it.

Kathy your picture looks GREAT...and jennifer your ticker still ain't working right, make sure you don't have two "http:// statements in the line.

I'm so tired this week has been crazy, next week ain't looking any better. URGH.

Hey Paula. - So glad you stopped by.....Join in. It's a quite month so far.

Ok this is just crazy...where is everyone? I am out here alone? I am feeling like I am here all by myself.

It was a great weekend - a little chilly but overall nice. We did alot of playing outside yesterday and Saturday was consignment sales...Ya'll know I am all about some consignment sales. Got more this weekend also.

Still no word on when the port will be flipped back but it has to be before the 31rst....that is when I am with out insurance and join the ranks of Kathy of have BCBS of NC. How scary is that. Not to worry though. :eek: It's meant to be!!!!

Ok now look don't make me go and meet other people to talk to...I miss ya'll. Please come out and play. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hi Y'all! I had a crazy busy weekend. It was good, but went by entirely too fast! Saturday I did laundry, grocery shopping, & errands. In addition to our regular Sunday services & bowling, I also helped with & attended a baby shower yesterday.

John (DH) stayed in bed yesterday with body aches and a sore throat. I don't know if he was bad sick or just stayed out in the cool air on his motorcycle too long on Saturday? He's feeling better and working today, and even talking about going on a guys' golf trip to the beach this weekend.

I expect an easier week at work ... I hope. Last week kicked my tushy!

That's about all that's new on this end. I hope everyone is doing well?

Wow it is quiet around here!

All is good here. Still exhausted, but feeling a little better everyday.

Saw Dr.V, ya know the cute one!!! and he wants me on liquids and mushies for 2 more weeks! Yuk

scale says I lost like 9 pounds since the 21st!! 216 now! I am very happy!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I decided on the band! RNY is way to scary for me. My GF had it last Wednesday and has some unknown fever going on. I'm sure she'll be ok. jjtuarsus, I'm so glad that you are doing well and so brave. I'm just to big of a chicken.

Kim-I feel so bad for Curtis and you! That must break your heart. You have such a great attitude! I cried when Dr.V told me about your port, I know he can't wait for me to get off the predisone!

Speaking of predisone, today is my first day off. Last night I was itchcing again, but so far so good for today.

Have a good night.

Thanks Dianne - it's tought but I have come to accept what ever I am giving. I put my faith in the man above and know that what ever I am told to do if to a reason. But let me tell you I have my moments of sadness - I too break down but I don't let it out much. I know that's bad but I don't ever want Curtis to see me upset becuase of something that is going on for him.

Ok now my port - and my new job...WOW what a month!!! I was suppose to start w/ Dr. V on the 15th well I can't. He is going to fix my port that day. So I will be starting there on there on the 20th. So please come and see me....This gives me a couple of days to recover before starting. I also know why this happened so when it happens to someelse I can say I have been through it and tell them how easy it is. :) I hope. :-) Ok so wish me luck. (Althougth as quite as it has been around here I feel like I am talking to myself. :) )

OK EVERYONE WHERE ARE YOU? YOU CAN AT LEAST SAY HELLO AND LET ME KNOW YOU ARE OK. HELLO....HELLLO....HELLO..that is my echo. haha.

So does anyone one want to have an unoffical get together some time this month? A Saturday??? Or this coming friday the 17th?? (I might feel like it)

Ok I want to hear from someone!!!!!!!!

Kim - I'm sorry your having problems with your port. Do they have to reoperate on you to fix it? I'm totally unaware of things that can go wrong with the band. When Chloe was little I always took her sickness' so personally, she was sick with her ears for 4 years. The last set of tubes was in 2003 and my mom was dying that year. I took my mom's death personally too then. I did come to realize though, I cannot have all good in my life, I also have to learn how to deal with the bad.

Now, something stupid, Chloe is 5, she's graduating from preschool in June and her feet are a tiny toddlers 9. It's so hard to find cute 5 year old girl shoes when her feet are tiny enough for crib shoes. Hopefully the foot fairy will sprinkle some growth on her feet. Oh yeah, her dad is a 13 and I'm a 10 so she should have huge feet by now.

I'm spending way too much time watching our new direct tv. I am going to the nutrionist tomorrow and cannot wait to be set free from this liquid diet. I am also thinking of carowinds. We are getting passes later this month when Dh get's paid. He's in grad school and let me tell you, I haven't had one day without him during my recovery. NExt week it's back to the grind. I've been sleeping like a teenager and staying up late at night. I gotta act like a grown up again, or do i?

I'm here! I'm here! Really I am! I guess I just check in on you guys and find out what's going on with you and don't bother to tell anything about me? I dunno, I hop on the ole 'puter and read and read and post some.

Okay, here's some news...I'm going back to Curves. I think. I talked with hubby about it tonight and I want to sit on it for a night. I have until Saturday. They are running a special, no enrollment fee ($149!!!) when you bring in a bag of groceries to donate to the local food bank. Sa-weeeeet!!! So it's $39 bucks a month for 12 months if I do it. Which is great if I actually go 3 times a week. I miss exercising. I have been taking 40 minute walks up the road when I can and stretching at home. I want strength now. And measuring once a month, too! So, I'll elt ya'll know when I get started.

Now, Kim, what's up with Dr Vs office giving you BCBS of NC which doesn't cover banding?! (How do you type the "Uh" sound you make when you are having a polite temper tamtrum? Insert that here) I can't believe you have to lose your band coverage...or do you? It's a pre-existing condition?...they would certainly cover problems, although I can see them getting out from under the cost of fills. I'm sure Dr Vs office knows all about that better than I do!

I will be looking into, very soon, Health Savings Accounts for our insurance benefits. Maybe I can get my fills covered that way? Anyone know about it? Here's the deal, hubby is self-employed, his company (him) provides benefits for the employees (him) and their families (us) at 100%. He's the only employee, so we can pick. BCBS offers coverage for small businesses (UHC wasn't a choice at the time, maybe it is now?) so we went with them, the premiums were competitive (over $600 a month for the family!!!!!!) but that's what we have. I'm hoping to have more options with an HSA plan. Any and all info is appreciated!!!

So, hubby and crazy Rachel went to see Grandma, and crazy Tyler is sitting in his seat eating a hot dog and watching "Danger Rangers" his new favorite show. He also likes Wonder Pets. And Rachel told us she learned to tie her shoes watching Blue's Clues. Aint' it grand...letting TV raise your kids?! Geez. So I'm feeling plenty guilty and need to get outta here and off the 'puter.

Later Taters! (((HUGS)))

Hey, when are we getting together?

I have a voice message in with Dr. V's nurse, per her directions last week. I hope to hear back quickly and find that they've received all of my reports. I'm getting increasingly anxious!

In the mean time, I'm making an effort to stay away from sugar. I've been feeling kind of lousy and believe a big part of it is eating too much junk! If I don't get at least a partial grip on it now, I'm going to have a heck of a time when I go on pre-op liquids.< /p>

Kathy-Curves is great. I haven't gone back since the surgery, but I'm hoping the week after next I'll be back there 3-4 times a week. I made the 2 foot club in January and got a free T shirt. I can't wait to see what the 3 foot club does.

Kim- I think we should get together this Saturday!!! WHY NOT GUYS!!! It's been to LONG!!! Next weekend I'm out of town. I'm going stir crazy even though I don't have much energy. You are so right about the positive attitude! Even though I'm tired and down in the dumps, don't get me wrong, I am still happy with my NEW BAND and glad I did it. I just want FOOD!!!!

Karen-You are to good. When did you call? I would think if it was last week you could call again by now.

jttaurus-Be a teenager, why not! Reality life will be starting up soon, so enjoy.

Well I'm off for a walk. Not with Lucy is just doesn't get that leash thing yet. Maybe that will wake me up. Have a good night! Where is Angie, Melissa, Loretta, and everybody else...

Ok this is a little better...

Jennifer yes, Dr. V will have to make a small opening and put the port back in place. I knew this was something that "could" happen w/ the band and I am A Ok with it. Ok so how did your appt go w/ the nutrionist? Do you get real foods yet? I know you can't do alot but something has to be better then nothing for you.

Kathy - it's kinda the same w/ you. Dr. V's office is small so he has to insure us. I am sure that is the best coverage they could get at the time. I am not too worried about my band...if something happens it happens, I guess working for him makes me feel a little better. (just a little):D I should check into them cover if other problems do arise...like if the port flips again I would think they might cover it...maybe. Hey you and I need to start a fight w/ them and get them to cover it. We will show them that we are successful and then they will have to start covering it. haha Good thing is Dr. V's office does have HSA so that will help out...to have incase I need it.

Karen girl it is getting closer. I think this is the cloest you have been so far hasn't it? Oh I can't wait to get the email or see it on here that you have a date. YEAH!!!!

Dianne I am so glad you are doing good. It's amazing how much harder this time around was so much tougher on you. Girl you are a fighter so keep at them. I can't wait to see you again.

Our next gatering is offically April 1rst. Breakfast @ 9am somewhere? Anyone? I have a few things to do this saturday you know my consignment sales but I could do late afternoon or sunday afternoon or we can do it another weekend....Just a thought....

Court? Melissa? Angie? Loretta? who else am I missing? WHERE ARE YOU...are you ok? Oh I hope so!!!!