Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In The Morning

****Update**** surgery went well. One minute I was sleep and the next minute I was woke and they were all done. I will say I'm in quite a bit of pain. Just like I pulled a muscle or something. The site of the port mainly. Plus my mouth is so dry I'm not hungry at all but would kill for some ice chips. I'm not allowed any ice chips or Water until after testing/X-rays in the morning. I've been trying to sleep most of the day to make the day go by quicker and actually because I'm really really tired. My breath smells HORRIBLE from not drinking and I feel dirty.

Plus side: I lost 7 pounds on the drs required 5 day liquid diet. Im glad surgery is over now I can begin my journey. I'm feeling so good about my decision. I know that I'll do well because of the amount of support I have from my husband, family, friends, coworkers, and my new LBT FAMILY. Thank You!! I'll post again tommrow. Going to try and get some rest.

****Update**** surgery went well. One minute I was sleep and the next minute I was woke and they were all done. I will say I'm in quite a bit of pain. Just like I pulled a muscle or something. The site of the port mainly. Plus my mouth is so dry I'm not hungry at all but would kill for some ice chips. I'm not allowed any ice chips or Water until after testing/X-rays in the morning. I've been trying to sleep most of the day to make the day go by quicker and actually because I'm really really tired. My breath smells HORRIBLE from not drinking and I feel dirty.

Plus side: I lost 7 pounds on the drs required 5 day liquid diet. Im glad surgery is over now I can begin my journey. I'm feeling so good about my decision. I know that I'll do well because of the amount of support I have from my husband, family, friends, coworkers, and my new LBT FAMILY. Thank You!! I'll post again tommrow. Going to try and get some rest.

Great update, thanks for sharing

Alright now girly!!! I'm happy and excited for your success, your gonna do awesome. We all are, imma have to catch up with you guys! Praying for a speedy recovery.

Alright now girly!!! I'm happy and excited for your success' date=' your gonna do awesome. We all are, imma have to catch up with you guys! Praying for a speedy recovery.[/quote']

Thank you so much!

YW.. How are things? You made it , can't wait fir my turn!

alright now, you are on your way. Good luck on your new adventure and a better you

Best of luck!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

good luck!!! u can do it! were all here for u

How are you doing ?

Praying for success !

It's great to read all of this play-by-play! I'm having mine on May 4, long overdue! Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you. Myshel, hope you are doing ok! I'm not too far south of you in Bloomington/Normal!

Hey all! Thank you for all your posts and support. I'm doing okay but I have to vent. Please don't judge me as I'm feeling guilt as it is. I REALLY need some support right now.

Ok Physically I'm feeling great! I have very little soreness left and have tons of energy. My total weight loss included 5 day liquid diet before surgery and post op has been 11 pounds. I'm very excited but I know I could have lost more. here's why:

I have discovered I can eat food. I can drink and eat at the same time and I can tolerate food. It all started about 5 days post op. my son was eating chicken strips and fries for dinner. I had my typical post op Soup and for some reason I wanted just a bite of something different! I chewed one of the fries and a VERY small piece of one of the chicken strips. I was so scared but you know what I tolerated it! That led to other nibbles here and there and finally on Tuesday a WHOLE slice of cheese pizza. For Breakfast and lunch I do so well with my liquids but by dinner I just want FOOD. I'm do disappointed in my self and I just dont want to fail. Why am I able to eat?? That was the whole point of the surgery. I know I need will power but if that was something I had then I wouldn't have gotten the surgery. After eating more than a few bites of something I actually HOPED I would get sick so that would let me know to stop but I didnt and that edges my little hunger demon on even more. Anyone have similar issues or suggestions?? Please positive comments only. I already feel bad enough :/

everyone makes mistakes,if we had will power we wudnt be here, dont beat urself up,alot of ppl r able to eat almost the same as before the surgery tilthey get a fill,ive stumbled too all u can do it try harder i guess,youll get the hang of it,i hate hate not drinking before during or right after my meal it sucks and i struggle with it everytime i eat,i hear it gets easier, good luck and were here for u

Goodluck !

You haven't had a fill yet, so that's why. I think it might be a bit soon for you to be eating solids though? Just be careful. Don't keep any drinks with you while you're eating (this helps to stop drinking while eating). Right now you're going to have to rely on your willpower only until you get that fill! Many of us have been there!