Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member and Fill Too Tight Question (might be on wrong board)

Guest Alasse

Guest Alasse

I'm still trying to figure your boards out so please forgive me if I've placed this on the wrong board.

First I just signed up and look forward to each email. I am a SAHM to a 4 yr old both me and my husband of 8+ yrs have had the lapband....mine was on 11/10/05 and his 12/1/05.

Here is my too Tight question....background.....Ok got my 2nd fill on 2/6 (2.5 cc) after talking to Doc over the weekend went in on the 13th and had some removed (2.4 cc).

I am still unable to eat solid food of any kind without getting that feeling and discomfort....after just 2 bites (no matter how small). Since getting this 2nd fill I've had nothing but PB's where before I never had one. I can do chicken but I have to walk the floor just to eat it and pray it stays down. Bean and Bacon Soup with one very soaked oyster cracker did me in I PB'd that...hope that gives ya and idea...I can't do Protein Shakes cuz half way thru I get that feeling and discomfort again.

I'm limited to Soups and such which I can't survive on that. I am doing good with something warm first thing but again I'm dreading eatting and thus not eatting till my stomach tells me to feed it...but I do watch the bits and such....but I've even done a while week out of state like this and just not sure I can go on like this.

So, do I get some more taken out, idea's, suggestions, opinions, anything? :help:

Joy

Dr. Cribbins

11/10/05

245/220/169.5 (175)

I'm only on my first fill and I haven't had any problems so far. I've read a lot of posts similar to yours though, and every time the seasoned bandsters agree that it shouldn't be that hard to eat when you are eating the right foods. It certainly sounds to me as if you're filled too tight.

Give your doc a call tomorrow and let him know that you're PBing on things that should be easy to eat. See what he has to say. But don't put it off, you don't want to risk damaging your body or your band.

That is so cool that you and your hubby were both banded! We have several couples here that are bandster duos. Best of luck to you both! Keep us posted on how things are going for the two of you.

Joy, are you doing liquids only for at least 24 hours after you pb? You could just be irritated or swollen up a little bit. If you have tried to do the liquids only and are still having problems, then you are too tight. Sometimes it is a good idea to do the liquids only for 2-3 days if you have been doing this for a while. Please don't let this go on for too long, you really need to get some solid foods in you, and you don't want to damage your band. If you have tried the liquids, then I would definately call your doctor.

You are too tight, and you need to get another slight unfill. For some people the difference of even .1cc can make all the difference!

I sure feel bad for you, because I spent a month too tight and was MISERABLE and for me, 2cc = too tight.

Congrats on your band, welcome to LBT and watch out, people are going to want pictures of that baby...

Guest Alasse

Ok about a couple of comments....I can eat stuff it's just it can take an whole hour just to eat a few bits cuz I am having to pause between to let the discomfort settle or walk the floor. I do better with liquids and can keep them down alot easier.

I'd babied the band for 2-3 days post fill and for the whole week after I had some taken out. And even if I do something warm first thing I still can't really eat anything without having the first two bites just about kill me.....then after that I can eat more but have to take it slow etc.

Someone else on another board said that I might be taking in air when eating but I question this cuz I found when visiting family in Boise, ID that while I talked and ate I could eat a whole egg omlete which was something I NEVER could do before and that I can do mixed nuts really well for the sweet tooth I have. But again once I get any feeling I stop right away.

But, I am gonna call the doctor today and see about getting some more taken out I hope going down to 2.2 cc's in the band will be the right amount for me.:cry