Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

P'nut... I weighed yesterday when I had my fill... it wasn't pretty as you can see from my stats but hopefully the numbers will start going down now that I have some restriction! Good luck to everyone that weighs-in tomorrow!

Awww.. hang in there Darcy. You're doing the right things to get back on track. I hope that fill works wonders for you! *hugs*

Hi All!

I'm newly banded and ready to jump on the Gone for Good Bandwagon!

I'm 24 years old, have been fat since I was about 8. I'm currently in law school in San Antonio, Texas. I'm engaged to my childhood sweatheart and tenatively will be married in December.

I'm an only child of a dysfunctional family that used food and weight as methods of manipulation. But I'm working through my head issues with a great therapist at school, and doing pretty good IMHO.

My fiance and I have 1 pekegnese and 2 cats that keep us very busy! I'd like to lose down to my goal weight and graduate before we consider expanding our family.

I used to scrapbook avidly and teach scrapbooking, but really have little time for it these days. I'm so glad to have found LBT, its been a priceless tool in this weightloss journey!

:) Kristin

Welcome to Bandland, LBT and the Gone for Good Club! It's so cool that you are able to do this at a young age with so much ahead of you to look forward to. Glad you joined us, Kristin.

C = 251 (-45 lbs total) ( -1 for me.)

I go see my Band doc today. Pray for me in my hour of need. LOL!! He will scream at me I am sure. I have gained 6 lbs since I was unbanded in Dec. SIGH!!

But I am working on that with the Nutrisystem plan. I am back on track and the food is so good.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK stayed on track. This is a huge accomplishment for me.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (None today. Been running all day long doing chores. Got my nails done and pedicure. MMM MMM nice pampering. Then had a Band Doctor appt. I weighed 251 on his scales. That shows an 11 lb gain since unbanding. He wasn't all that upset with me. He did say that he expects me to lose that much by my next visit which is in two months. That is certainly doable since I am back on the Nutrisystem.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (No loss today.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got it in.)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

I was looking at my Positive Mantras and all of them had negative statements. LOL!! So I changed them.

CONGRATS!!!! To everyone that is working so hard. It's takes a lot of heart and courage to face the demons we are facing on sometimes an hourly basis and to then persevere. I am in awe of your accomplishments.

Someone tell me to get up off my lazy butt and walk on the dreadmill!! Ugh.. no motivation to move in two days. Scratch that - four days. :)

Nut! You better get to hopping on the treadmill! Here is a swift kick in the bum!!!

I am slowly catching up on everyone's posts... I have been SUPER busy at work though!

I just about died today! I have been wanting to tan, so I found a place near work that I could go during lunch... well, there was SUPPOSED to be a girl working there... and there was a HOT guy. I almost pulled right back out of the parking lot... because me and HOT guys... don't go together :) ANYways... I said to myself to get over it and go tan hooch! SO I DID! He was the nicest guy... and he was even flirting with me (he had a wedding ring on and so did I) BUT man, that felt GOOD!!!

I did, I did! 17 minutes of walking and doing arm exercises! Yay! Omg.. I'm going to start tanning next week and the gym this week, and you know what? I don't care what I look like! w00t! Better to see me sweating my Buns off in a gym and tanning salon than to see me sitting comfortably in pizza Hut.. right brothers and sisters?! *boogies down*

Wow.. walking really gives you energy! Woohoo!

PS -

Hi All! I'm newly banded and ready to jump on the Gone for Good Bandwagon!

*laughs* Off the chuckwagon and on to the bandwagon! Yahoo!

Susan,

Thanks for the tips. Actually, I have learned a lot from you. I was wrong in one post (I don't remember where it is) and was rude to you. I am sorry about that! I was blindsided by my ego (!) instead of your sincerity! I have learned so much from this place.

Welcome to Kristin, Joe, and Maggie! It's nice to have a smaller group to connect with. I am back at work so I better get back to work. LOL I work from home so I have to behave myself. :biggrin1:

Kelli

I was looking at my Positive Mantras and all of them had negative statements. LOL!! So I changed them.

So I had to go back and look...

Old Mantras...

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

New Mantras...

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

Yep, I'd say that's better!!! Good catch.

HELLO CLUBBERS,

I HAVE A HUGE DAY TOMORROW SO I AM WEIGHING IN TONIGHT.

C224 (-46, -3 THIS WEEK) :clap2:

SO I AM VERY HAPPY. I HAVE TO GET MOVING WITH EXERCISE TOO. I HAVE NOT BEEN TO CURVES SINCE THE WEEK BEFORE LAST :help: .

I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT MORE AROUND THE HOUSE, BUT I'M SURE THE GYM WILL BE BETTER. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMORROW.

Speaking of exercise...I'm almost a week out of surgery and I've already been very active in walking around the neighborhood.

I'm wondering when I will be able to get back on my elliptical machine and doing toning exercises. I was up to about 45 minutes on the elliptical before surgery. TIA!

:) Kristin

P.S. I love it PhotoNut! Off the chuckwagon for good hopefully!!

Kristin youre doing great. I didn't get out and walk until week three!

I was told by my surgeon that we can exercise right away.. just avoid stomach straining for the first six weeks. I watched that web cast of the lap band surgery and the surgeons on there said the same thing as my doc did.

If you haven't seen the video, check it out. It takes about an hour and isn't too gross. No surface cutting or anything, but you get to see the band and port placements. (Tricia loved it.) Plus there are a lot of questions asked and answered during the video. It was a live webcast, but what you'll see is the recorded version of it. Here's the link:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/surgerywebcast/default.asp