Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Betje -

I see this question a lot on here, so I typed up some instructions for just such occasions. ;-) Hope these help. PM me if it doesn't work and I'll try and help you.

How to set up your ticker:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Click on weight loss link

3. Select a ticker ruler you like by clicking the option button next to the one you choose and then click NEXT

4. Choose a ticker slider you like by clicking the option button next to your choice and then click NEXT

5. Configure your weight tracker by entering you info and the click NEXT

6. You will see a message on the screen that says Done! Your Ticket URL is: (and then there will be a long string of text starting with http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/.....

7. Click your mouse at the beginning of this text (starting with the h in http and drag over the entire line of text. (make sure you highlight the entire line (URL)

8. Press Ctrl+C (hold these keys down at the same time) to copy the text you have highlighted

9. Go back to www.lapbandtalk.com and click the UserCP link

10. Click the link titled Edit Signature

11. Scroll down to the text box titled edit signature and place your cursor where you want your ticker to go

12. Click the icon called insert image - this is the one that is yellow with the two little mountains and sun on it

13. A window will pop up telling you to enter the URL of the image

14. Press Ctrl+V (hold these keys down at the same time) to paste the text you copied in step 8 above into this field.

15. Click ok and you're done! Your ticker should magically appear.

16. Click save signature and you're done - you can update it as often as you want by going to user CP, click on your current ticker and press delete - then repeat these steps to re-add.

That's how I do it anyway :-).

Wait a sec, here. I think I missed some thing in my weight...

(H-highest weight, S-weight at surgery, J-weight when joined club, C-current weight, G-goal weight. Amount in parenthesis is total amount lost overall)

Okay:

H=242

S=223

J=188

C=188

(-54)

There now...that's better!

I got my motivation yesterday.

I want to lose 26.4 pounds by May 13th. My oldest step-daughter is getting married in California :confused:

And I must look awesome to shove it up my ex's nose :)

The best me - Gotcha fixed, although we wont start using C (current) until next week when we have the first weigh in. J (joined club) is this weeks current.

Nykee - No one has to post stats, or weigh in. This isn't a contest. It's more like a smaller support group for people who need real motivation and want to make a group of friends who will be supportive, help motivate each other and to kick each others butts when we start to screw up. In a good way of course! You are more than welcome to be part of the conversations and to participate however much or little you would like. What Heather wanted was a thread that was flexible to fit each person's needs. I hope you stay plugged in. Gaining 7 pounds has to be depressing. Dont let it get ya down for long.. the very next choice you make can turn that around! *hugs*

Jill S - excellent motivation!! Right up the old nose. I love it!

Heather - Where are you girl? Bring your sassy self on here and get some conversation started like only you can do. :)

FunnyDuddies - I love you too, Sis! *hugs*

Everyone - Your stories have touched my heart in so many ways. I think it's wonderful that you are all being open and laying ourselves out like this.

So.. now that we have our group started. How about we share one - just one - tip that helps us overcome those moments when we are tempted to put something in our mouths that will sabotage all of our hard work. I bet we come up with a great list of things to try.

I am just so overwhelmed with all of the Awesome folks here!!! I LOVED reading each and everyone of your stories!!!

Everyone seems to be doing just great with their weight loss.

Sorry I have been absent... Work has been CRAZY! I am hoping to spend all afternoon to go thru my 20 pages of NEW POSTS!!! I try and keep up everyday, but there are a lot!

Monday I am going to the RODEO and Wednesday too!!! I am going to be drained next week, but at least I will look good :)

I have on a Size XL t-shirt today instead of a 3X!!! That is just way too cool for me.

I am about to leave and go get a pedicure and my nails done, so... I will be back this afternoon.

Keep up the great work!

AND P'NUT!!!! THANKS so much for keeping all of this stuff in order!!! This Club would be done the pisser already if I had to keep up this week!

OK, just realized that I have lost 89 pounds since May 4, 05 when I popped out my baby!!! That is CRAZY!!!

I will definitely be at minus 100 for her BDAY!

Jill- Come on!!!!! I know all about the shoving it in your ex's face. You can do it. Don't let yourself or us down, because I want to hear how the whole wedding went. I hope he sits there and stares at you the whole time, thinking he made a mistake.

Heather- You are doing so good. Keep up the good job. You deserve the pedicure and manicure.

Susan- I want to post a picture next to may name. Will you help me? And, I have read your post. I am trying the Protein. I bought the Fiber one ceral the other day. I like it. I got it with HOney. GOOD GOOD GOOD.

Lianne- 25 lbs in 16 weeks,

Great job!!!!

Dianechef- July '05 & to date I have lost 50 lbs. Awesome.

Everybody else, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the totals next Wed. I'm not weighing until then.

So.. now that we have our group started. How about we share one - just one - tip that helps us overcome those moments when we are tempted to put something in our mouths that will sabotage all of our hard work. I bet we come up with a great list of things to try.

Great idea!

When tempted to eat something you know that you shouldn't, put on your walking shoes and take a 10 minute walk. When you return, drink at least 16 oz. of Water. This should (I hope) curb that temptation and fill you with pride for not giving in. :)

Heather's Tip~

If I feel like munching... I get me a iced cold glass of tea, and sip it... Therefore I get to put something in my mouth. By the way, the tea is DEFINITELY sugar free!!! :)

Hello All

My name is Tammy and I am currently living in New Jersey. I was borned and raised in South Carolina. Seven years ago I was out of work due to a back injury, divorced with 3 girls, over weight and depressed, then I met my husband. He had never been married, no kids, and a pro-golfer. I know he was God sent, we have been together for 7 years, he has taken my kids as his own, offering to legally adopt, he has seen me through major back surgery and depression. He still tells me how beautiful he thinks I am and he loves me several times a day.

I was at my highest weight last November......308. Something I have choosen not to share with anyone until I joined lap-band talk. I was banded on Feb 8th in Valley Hosiptal. I lost 39 lbs in 2 weeks due to the fact I couldnt do the Protein shakes or broth. I did Water and Vitamins for 3 weeks. I had a hard recovery after the surgery.

I did this so I could live, I want to see my girls married with kids of their own one day. And my husband tells me all the time he wants to grow old with me.

My struggle isn't easy but nothing worth doing ever is!

When I'm feeling like I want to put food in my mouth which is often since I'm home mostly all week...I'll just stay in my room (which is away from the kitchen) on the computer all day and that usually does it for me.

When tempted to eat something you know that you shouldn't, put on your walking shoes and take a 10 minute walk. When you return, drink at least 16 oz. of Water. This should (I hope) curb that temptation and fill you with pride for not giving in. :)

When it gets warmer out I'll do this, great idea! :biggrin1:

Hi! my name is donna,

don't want to go into all the gory details on heree...read about me in my journals if ya want that!! I am 42, unbanded but hoping for a surgery date in late April or May. I am married to a great husband who is very loving and supportive of me...no I did not meet him on line!! The best thing about him is that he loves ME regardless of how fat or thin. We have been married for a little over 4 years and we are both previously married with children of our own. I am a mom to a 21 year old beautiful but very stubborn daughter and to my ray of sunshine, my 14 year old son. I also have 4 step children 22, 21, 16, and 15 who do not....(thank god) live with us! I love kids but even love has it's limits! It's kinda one of those things where we tried to get the kids off of the POS mother for years and found that it is easier to have an animal removed for neglect than it is for children....anyway...I have enough challenge without taking on more (yeah read the journal). I reached my highest weight last month and I can't wait to get banded! Good Luck to all of you...you have all given me so much encouragement already!

Donna

275/269/140

Dear God in Heaven, if I didn't have coffee I'd be a goner. I brew a few cups and coffee up. Prolly not the best thing, but it works. That, and guzzle a bottle of Water.

Oh, here's something legit. I buy those 6oz packets of chicken breast slices and divide them up into (3) 2oz snack baggies. If it's a long time between lunch and dinner, I'll grab a bag and nibble. Great, high protien, no carb snack that's also easy-cheesy.

Oh, here's something legit. I buy those 6oz packets of chicken breast slices and divide them up into (3) 2oz snack baggies. If it's a long time between lunch and dinner, I'll grab a bag and nibble. Great, high protien, no carb snack that's also easy-cheesy.
Or, as Francis Ouimet's young caddy from the movie Greatest Game Ever Played would say "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy" :biggrin1: