Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Noticed Any Changes In Their Taste Buds?

hi all. the first mouthful i had of ice after surgery seemed extra salty to me. To the point where it was offputting and i didnt want to have it. That went on for nearly two weeks. when i got home every liquid tasted extra salty. I did mention it to one of the nurses in hospital and she said that frequently peoples taste buds do go AWOL... lol.. or get very confused.

My taste buds are fine now and working over time again. lol. i was wondering if anyone else had this when they came out of theatre?? or was i the only one?? it was very confusing for me to start with. i thought that they had frozen salty Water, and that for some reason i needed it. actually it made me feel nauseated a bit. judy

Yes!!!! I hated margaritas... Until about six months after my band I craved limes!!!! I occasionally have one a month and not the light low cal ones either. Delicious but I wonder if I'm lacking a Vitamin in limes lol!!!

I didn't have any issues like this but I remember my Mum telling me that when she was pregnant everything tasted like she had sprinkled sugar on it.

Yes!!!! I hated margaritas... Until about six months after my band I craved limes!!!! I occasionally have one a month and not the light low cal ones either. Delicious but I wonder if I'm lacking a Vitamin in limes lol!!!

thats really interesting.. do you have a craving for lemons as well??

I didn't have any issues like this but I remember my Mum telling me that when she was pregnant everything tasted like she had sprinkled sugar on it.

well... there you go. im wondering if its all tied in with hormonal changes?/ i know that hormones are affected by this surgery as well. im just thinking though... you wouldnt think that it was be so quick... as it was with me. Do you think it may be hormone related??

I dont crave lemons, maybe the limes tenderize things... Joke don't base that as fact, I just like the cold feeling!