Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first appointment Thursday the 26th. I do know I have to have 6 months of diets from my dr. So I am going to start working on that. I am so tired of being overweight and want to have some of this weight off of me. I am a very picky eater so I am scared of all this, but I have been looking at wls for a long time but didnt want to do the gastric bypass. This seems a little less invasive. I have been over weight all of my adult life and would love to start over. Now it is just the dr visits I have to endure for the next 6 months. I had all the done last yr and now I will have to do it all over again. I think my insurance company wants it done within a yr of surgery.....mine has been longer than that. So I hope before the yr is up i will be on the other side.....

June

I did my 6 months weightloss in 2009 and 2010, but was not able to get approved for the lapband until recently. Having my surgery this Thursday.

I didn't have to redo my supervised weightloss or anything else that my insurance required. The surgons office just submitted all my info and that was that.

5 years of recorded weights from last 5 years doctors visits - 2006 to 2011

record of 6 months physician assisted weightloss - 2009 - 2010

psyc eval - May of 2011

sleep Study - June of 2011

Seminar - 2010

dietitian - May of 2011

Letter from PCP was my hold up, because she moved suddenly. My surgeons office tracted her down to get the letter.

Then in March 2012 I got the call saying I had been approved. I had all but given up hope of getting banded and was once again taking diet pills and tryin to lose the weight on my own. Now I am scheduled for April 26, 2012. I will be doing my pre-admit tomorrow morning..................

I got online and looked up all the requirements and it says the 6 month diet has to be a yr within in the date of surgery. So i have to start all over. We will see what the Dr says tomorrow morning!

I understand how frustrating it is, I've done all kinds of diets, doctors, etc. But I none documentable in the last year. So I've have to do 3 months for my insurance. I'm only on month one, and at times, it seems like it will take forever. But I tell myself I can do it and think about being healthier. I know it seems like forever, but remember it is just another day closer to your goal.

I was lucky, i did not have to do a "diet" for my insurance company. My surgeon required I lose weight but no set amout. If I gained weight he would not do the surgery. Every dr. is so different.

I am not real sure in what the Dr will have me do. I know its a lot just for the insurance. I hope i can handle it all. My mom is going to start 6 months of chemo soon and Im taking on this. But i feel if i dont do this for me i will lose my mind. I had lost down to 215(now probably around 240 or so). Here i am ready to take the plunge....tho i am excited!!

Oh, I tell you, it is the best thing I have ever done. It has really helped me look at food differently. It took me a while to really catch on to the eating thing but once I did I rarely get stuck or have issues. Every fill brings a new learning curve. I would think I had the chew chew chew, slow, small bite thing mastered and then get a fill and wham! Start all over. But I can really eat just about anything with out trouble including bread and Pasta etc. Altho they do raise my chance of getting stuck so I pretty much stay away from it but when I really need 1 slice of pizza I can do it. I have nice restriction at 5.6. some people seem to like it really tight but learning to eat healthy and exercise has been as much of a useful tool as my band. I am thrilled with my results so far. I still have 80 pounds to go and I don't doubt one bit that I will get there.

Good luck to you!