Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Zone - Hunger

Ok, just to share this for some general info.

Right now it is 5am, working on my 2nd cup of coffee. Will head to the gym in a hr, for a good 3 hr workout.

I asked my self if I am hungry, and the answer is No, not in the least!

Then I realized, the last thing I had to eat was 1-2 shrimp, 14 hours ago.

This happens to me frequently. The Band completely takes care of my hunger and cravings so much, I have to remind myself most times that I NEED to eat. This is not new. This is how it has been for me since finding that "Groove" almost a year ago.

If I'm busy doing something else, food is the last thing on my mind. Which does not bother me in the least.

I should add, I never count calories, and never measure food portions. I'm in a place where the band controls that for me.

Also, people are going to start to chime in about metabolisms, getting your minimal calories, starvation modes, etc, etc.

I am not saying those things are not correct.

I am just saying I have never worried about them.

And to add to that...I'm 60 years old, work out at the gym 5-6 days a week, generally at 5:30am, and for 2-1/2 hours.

THEN I go to work for 8-10 hours a day.

I have NEVER had a problem with lack of energy, or metabolism problems, etc.

I have more energy now than I ever had in the past 20 years! And not so much as a sniffle!

The band is definitely the best decision I could have made....after years of dieting, fighting various illnesses, it is the EASIEST thing I could have done. I do not have to do anything! Except learn to "Listen" to my band, make wise food choices, and be sure I get all my Water and Protein. I would not call that a diet!!! I would not call that struggling. And for me...I do not call that a "Tool" (I take exception to that term)

I have been at my goal for a few months now. I told myself if I never loose another pound, I would be completely happy and satisfied where I am at.

The other day I got on the scale and saw a number that I have not seen on over 37 years! And today that number is there again telling me it was not a fluke.

The only thing that changed in my routines, is that I mixed up my workout routine a little at the gym. That's all it took for 5 more lbs to drop off.

Awesome !! I keep up with ur posts u r an inspiration !!

You're such slacker B-52 :D

JK...You're my hero and it looks like we're starting from a similar place and I hope I have similar success! All kidding aside, I think you have reason to be concerned that you may not be getting enough nutrition. Visits to a qualified nutritionist aren't all that expensive and your doc probably has one available so don't be shy and pay her a visit.

Dan