Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week After Fill Issues

Sx was in oct. have 5cc total now. 1.5 week after 3rd fill super tight. I've always had problems of thick clear phlem producing in throat/stomach and needing for me to force it up as it clogs n hurts. Now that happening all day. I was eating chicken, salad, liquids. Yesterday that changed. I can't consistently keep Water down. I want to do my best n wait. This is worst fill yet but was fine for a whole week after. Why now? Thoughts same experiences? Please share. I am tired of shoving finger so I can spit up liquids as this phlem builds even with plain water. Yuck

Quite often my fills dont kick in till a week even 2 after a fill, i am sure surgeons/fill doctors are aware of this issue with some people so if u have to go back for a small unfill its not unusual for them.. The problem i have found is the more u are stuck and are sick the more swollen u become and the more the band tightens. You need to go back to at least 2 days of liquids only to give the band and your stomach a chance to settle down. The mucus thing i have heard of as some have mentioned it here on the forum but not sure what it is unless its to do with allergies or your sinus draining mucus into the pouch a lot. If you are having difficulty with liquids then u should go back for a small unfill as soon as you can and discuss this mucus thing with your surgeon too ... I know its hard but really the finger down the throat job to make yourself sick is not good and u need to get this sorted out. The more you are sick the more swollen u become, i know this from my slight overfill i had 3 weeks ago :) i lasted 2 weeks but it just wouldnt loosen so i had to get a small unfill and all is fine now ..

Call on Monday and get a very small unfill. Being too fill can lead to a Band Slip. My doctor says a fill can take 2 weeks to take affect . Also says is you can't eat 3 oz of solid Protein than the fill is too much. A lot of people on here keep their bands WAY to tight; and then post they've are having complications. Do yourself a favor and see to this on Monday. This is so important to my doctors' office they say call we WILL fit you in that day. You can easily become dehydrated.

Last night was first time reading one of these groups. I haven't been a part I them or the monthly person to person groups. I asked dr. About mucus and she said to talk to other people on here n see what they go through. I am goin to try warm fluids for next 2 days. I can't make to dr. Till Tuesday anyway. I don't have sinus issues or post nasal drip. So curious is anyone out there goes through this. I can't pin it to specific foods.

It's good to know the more I throw up to worse. I will try let stomach calm down.