Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake

Every Protein Shake that has been recommended is gross,so far,or makes me throw up. I've tried powder, liquid shots,and Muscle Mike,all don't do well with me. Please help me with suggestions espy during the pouch test and after band adjt...HELP

Have you tried EAS pure Protein chocolate? I like that and the Curves Protein Shakes. Those are both whey protein powders. Maybe soy would be better with your system? I haven't tried those.

I did try EAS,it was gross too.

To be honest...i too think they are gross, but I've been drinking them. My mom suggested using a blender with ice cubes and my dr. said that it's ok to add some fruit or sugar free pudding to alter the taste. Have you tried that? I don't know if it's "legal" but I have also taken a big sip, swallowed, then took a drink of diet coke. That helped get it down the first few days.

Good luck

I must say that I do not drink mine mixed with Water. I mix my powder with a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I usually add a teaspoon of Splenda and about a 1/4 cup of instant coffee (1 teaspoon of powder to 1/4c. of water). I either pour it over ice or crush ice with it.

Well these drinks are already pre made,I bring them to work. Even thought I'm suppose be on liquids I have done my Water a hard boiled egg,I think I might be cheating,but the egg is holding me for up to 4 hrs. For lunch I had two hard boiled eggs and water,but I feel like I'm not following the pgrm completely. Tomorow starts soft foods,so hopefully I'll be able to make up the Protein in another way

I couldn't gag them down. I used Carnation instant Breakfast mixed with milk for 2 weeks after surgery. Haven't touched a protien shake since.

Good Luck

Dont know if anyone has tried ,but Isopure is a protien drink not in the shake form..not bad at all

Syntrax Nectar brand Protein Powder. They have a ton of fruity flavors, and a "natural" line that uses Stevia instead of splenda. They mix with Water and taste amazing. Natural orange is my favorite.

Search online and you can find awesome deals. The manufacturer sells it for 60 and I bought mine for 30. I've never seen them in a store.

My absolute favorite Protein powder is BSN Lean Dessert Whipped vanilla Creme. It is VERY good!! Not chalky AT ALL. I mix mine with soy milk in a blender cup. My second favorite is Vanilla Premier Protein ready to drink. I like that I can grab it and go when I am in a rush in the morning.

Protein Powder: BSN Lean Dessert

Flavor: Whipped Vanilla Creme

I buy it at: vitacost.com

leandessertprotein.png nut.png

Ready Drink Protein: Premier Protein

Flavor: Vanilla or chocolate [i prefer Vanilla]

I buy it at: costco

page_proteinshake.gif

Every Protein shake that has been recommended is gross,so far,or makes me throw up. I've tried powder,liquid shots,and Muscle Mike,all don't do well with me. Please help me with suggestions espy during the pouch test and after band adjt...HELP

Every Protein Shake that has been recommended is gross,so far,or makes me throw up. I've tried powder,liquid shots,and Muscle Mike,all don't do well with me. Please help me with suggestions espy during the pouch test and after band adjt...HELP

After trying so many Protein shakes and hating them all I finally found one that I think you will love. I am actually addicted to them.

They are made by HealthSmart and they are called ChocoRite Protein Shakes. They have various flavors but my favs are Peanut Butter, strawberry, banana, cappacinno and chocolate. Here is a webste where I buy mine from http://www.netrition.com

It says mix 2 scoops with Water for 150 calories and 24 grams of Protein but I didn't like the Water base so my doctor said I could use skim or 1% milk and omg that made them so good. He said all the milk does is boost your protein and calories just a little. Try them, I think you will be satisfied with them. Good luck!!!!

I apoligize for those that have already seen this on other posts....

I kinda of gave up trying to find one I REALY liked and went to finding one that was mild and then spice them up with sf syrups. I have 3 recipes i always go back to

Iced caramel coffee 150cal/20protein/4carbs

1/2 oz sf caramel Syrup

1/2 oz sf vanilla syrup

3 oz skim milk

4 oz favorite coffee (mine is keurig butter toffee)

1 scoop Protein

Blenderize with lots of ice

pumpkin Pie 150 cal/ 20 protein/ 6carbs

1 oz sf pumpkin pie syrup OR vanilla

2 oz pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

1 tbs sf/ff french vanilla pudding

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

4-5 oz skim milk

1 scoop proein

Blenderize with a few ice cubes

Hawiian Island 160 cal/20protein/8 carbs

1/2 oz coconut sf syrup