Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting Waiting Waiting

I was so thrilled to have the "approval" announcement. I quickly scheduled all of my pre-op testing (labwork, EKG, and chest x-ray) and did that on April 6th. Now it's the 18th and still no word about scheduling my surgery. I called the MD office and spoke directly to the scheduler, but she said she did not have clearance from the NP to schedule (she knew of me and knew that my chart was with the NP). She said this was done because things were falling through the cracks, so they had a final review to make sure all was done prior to surgery.

I guess I'm just anxious because my work schedule is becoming less and less flexible with each day. I schedule for 6 weeks at a time, and it's getting to the point that it will be posted and become a complete nightmare to try to change around. I was hoping to have the surgery done late May. At this point, I think I'll have to wait until I have my vacation scheduled in late June. Which is fine, really. I just hate WAITING!

My advice is to just keep calling back to request the status of your clearance. Call every day if you have to. They may get a little annoyed with you but things will get done faster. You are not likely to slip through the cracks if you are calling a lot.

I started this process back in December 2011 and still waiting. I just got the team of doctors approval today! The just called me. I still have the psych eval and 2nd nutritionist appt. Once those are done they will give me a surgery date.

I will just say this from the Drs. office. When I worked for an MD and had a patient constantly call and call and call they got put to the bottom of the pile out of spite for the constant irritation. Just Saying a patient Patient gets things much quicker than a demanding patient.

Things will happen for you. I know you are wanting this to be done already, but if they do a quicky review just to pass you thru something important could be missed, and it could be something that could cause you complications in the future.

I had given up getting the lapband done, and then out of the blue I get the call that they were able to get my PCP letter (which was holding me back. PCP moved away and no one else would write the letter) and that my insurance had approved me. Now I am scheduled for April 26th.

Please Be a Patient Patient...

She asked that I give it until the end of the week. I've done that so I will call again Monday. I'm in no big hurry now. I've conceded the fact that my date won't be until late June.

Now to try and keep this weight off. I've fallen off the wagon.

I started this process back in December 2011 and still waiting. I just got the team of doctors approval today! The just called me. I still have the psych eval and 2nd nutritionist appt. Once those are done they will give me a surgery date.

Done with all my appointments --awaiting surgery date....soooo anxious!